Beef Liver

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have never eaten any of this. I wanted to try though, so I got some from wal-mart on monday I think it was. It has a use or freeze by date of April 8th. I was wondering if any of you guys have tried it and how you cook it. I know its supposedly cooked medium, if you over cook it it will be too tough. I'm not sure what the internal temperature should be though and I don't want to get sick. I guess I'm just paranoid about geting sick, but I'm a "germaphobe" not sure if I spelled that right. Anyway, do any of you guys eat beef liver?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have never eaten any of this. I wanted to try though, so I got some from wal-mart on monday I think it was. It has a use or freeze by date of April 8th. I was wondering if any of you guys have tried it and how you cook it. I know its supposedly cooked medium, if you over cook it it will be too tough. I'm not sure what the internal temperature should be though and I don't want to get sick. I guess I'm just paranoid about geting sick, but I'm a "germaphobe" not sure if I spelled that right. Anyway, do any of you guys eat beef liver?
Well I just cooked it up. All I can say is this stuff is nasty!. I don't think I will be adding it to my diet. Besides it has a very high carb count at 8.9 grams per 4 oz. I didn't overcook it or anything, it was still slightly pink in the middle as it should be. Just way too strong of a taste for me!. I have tried chicken liver and they are not that bad. Yucky!. I threw it all out!. Luckily I only paid about $1.50 for it all.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
LOL too bad you didn't like it. I haven't eaten it in a while, but it tastes pretty good to me. I just throw it on fry pan, pretty simple...

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Liver is great for you, if you don't like the taste of it (you should be getting calf liver not adult beef liver ideally) pick up some dessicated liver tabs and down about ~10 of those a day. Great low cost supplement.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Liver is great for you, if you don't like the taste of it (you should be getting calf liver not adult beef liver ideally) pick up some dessicated liver tabs and down about ~10 of those a day. Great low cost supplement.
Does the calf liver taste any different?. Is it as strong and does it have the high carbs like beef liver?. I'll try any food. I was thinking about the beef liver supplements thats why I tried liver, well that and because I know its really nutrious. Excuse the bad spelling. I was thinking uni-liver from universal, that and the one from beverly are the only ones I have heard of and I think beverly is way overpriced.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Never tried adult beef liver. Calf liver has a very nasty smell though... Taste isn't that bad, don't need to eat much either. But it smells sick...

Try universal uni-liver, 500 tabs for like 14 bucks, 10/day is plenty.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i thought liver was incredibly high in fat?

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
I like to eat it about 1xmonth. I get grass fed, organic from a farmer near me. The fresher the better. I've tried grocery store bought liver a few times and it definately tastes different (in a bad way).

I've used Uniliver and Beverly's and Bevs is much better. I take about 20 of them per day, they're great for increasing endurance and they have 2 gr of protein per tab so it's an easy way to boost protein intake.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Not sure I would want to eat an organ which is basically natures way of filtering out poisons and other nasty stuff. :)

Forster

Forster

Board Supporter
Awards
I don't see how anyone can eat liver just plain nasty to me any way any age.

Jblake

Awards
The actual meat is very high in fat but I like to grill it up on the foreman every now and then for a treat. It makes a nice sandwich with onions. The walmart packaged kind can be tough and gristly in my experience. One of my supplement staples is dessicated liver. I can tell a difference when I take it. I feel more energetic and can definitely tell that it makes my muscles more firm/hard for some reason. I use uniliver and NOW powdered liver. The NOW brand is better imo (you get far more at once with the serving size than with tabs) but you have to get used to choking down that grainy crap. So I use both because the tabs are portable. It's so good that if I had to use only 3 supps it would be whey, dessicated liver and fish oil.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll check out the Universal brand, I don't think I could take the taste of the powder. Anyone ever try kidney meat?. I like to try different things once in a while. Especially different kinds of meat. Never buy too much though, because you might not like it, thats why I purchased the liver from wal-mart.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
You should try chichen hearts and gizzards, they are awesome.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
nothing like some squirrel and possum to start out your day. :drunk:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
some old school bodybuilders used to eat a pound of liver a day. Worked wonders for strength (combine that with DBol probably). I'm guessing they stayed lean by working out 3 hours a day.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive tryed it yesterday and I had a serious boost in testosterone. i took my shirt off in the gym grunting and just flexed and flexed and lifted more . Just ate one just now. Beef Liver. its not that tasy but is ok in sauces..bbq, tequila lime sauce.

any one know the P/C/F content ?

phaeton66

phaeton66

Awards
Does the calf liver taste any different?. Is it as strong and does it have the high carbs like beef liver?. I'll try any food. I was thinking about the beef liver supplements thats why I tried liver, well that and because I know its really nutrious. Excuse the bad spelling. I was thinking uni-liver from universal, that and the one from beverly are the only ones I have heard of and I think beverly is way overpriced.
Dude, calf liver tastes <i>good</i> -adult cow liver not only tastes like hell, it's got all this gristley membraney **** in it which is just horrific and inedible. I had the same thought as you (though mine came from another market); hadn't had liver in a while, and I figure it's good to eat liver to heal up the scars from superdrol. The cow liver was, literally hell. I even soaked it in milk for a few days, which is supposed to soften it up and make it less nasty. Calf liver, on the other hand, is super good.
Chicken livers ain't bad either. I like to prepare them into a sort of <a href = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A2t%C3%A9>pate de fois chickens.</a>

I remember the dessicated liver pills being pretty keen when I was a kid. Maybe I should try some again. Hell, maybe they have trenbolone in them these days. :cheers:

-p66

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just received my Universal Uni liver in the mail. Im looking forward to some gains! Sometimes its hrd to mintor whats working when you have ten things going on at once. Know what Im saying'/