Having trouble loosing weight!! help!!!

cowgirl7783

Awards
Hi. my name is kacie.
Right now i currently weight 175. im5'6. In the last year i have gained like 35 pounds, do to car accident. I was not able to physically to go much more than walking occasionally.
I am healed now..
In the past month, i have been going to gym 5 days a week and eating better but not lost any weight
what am i doing wrong???

Last edited:
MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Hi. my name is kacie. Right now i currently weight 175. im5'6. In the last year i have gained like 35 pounds, do to car accident. I was not able to physically to go much more than walking occasionally. I am healed now.. In the past month, i have been going to gym 5 days a week and eating better but not lost any weight what am i doing wrong???
Can you be a bit more specific?

When you go to the gym, what do you do? Cardio? Weight lifting? Spin classes?

Can you tell us what you eat in a regular day? Be honest, nobody is going to judge you.

Also, you said it's been a month, right? Be patient- it's not going to be a dramatic change once you get everything in check. Once your diet and exercise are locked on, you'll see continuous results over time. Make sure to take pictures and measurements, as the scale doesn't show the best progress.

cowgirl7783

Awards
Mostly Cardio.Treadmill for 45 minutes.. or elliptical for a hour..then i alternate lower body and upper body every other day. and work core 5 days a week.

Food: breakfast is either yogurt like 2 cups and granola or 2eggs and 2 sausage links.
Lunch: either a salad or a chicken wrap
Dinner: is the hard one... i either eat chicken or sausage. with some greens and rice i try to stay away from pasta
my weakness is sweets.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Mostly Cardio.Treadmill for 45 minutes.. or elliptical for a hour..then i alternate lower body and upper body every other day. and work core 5 days a week. Food: breakfast is either yogurt like 2 cups and granola or 2eggs and 2 sausage links. Lunch: either a salad or a chicken wrap Dinner: is the hard one... i either eat chicken or sausage. with some greens and rice i try to stay away from pasta my weakness is sweets.
Do your track your calories?

Log a full day in an app like myfitness pal and let us see your average totals.
Be honest about everything eaten/drank.

If we see that we can hands down help you get fat loss back on track

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
about1200 to 1400
Not losing weight at 12-14 hundred??

Either you ate tracking wrong or it is time to reverse diet to bring those calories up.

It's a scary thought but it works. Biolayne has great reading and videos on reverse dieting, I have coached a few clients where I had to bring UP calories before they resumed weight loss

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
At 1200 to 1400 you should be losing weight. You'll have to break down your carb/protein/fats as well. eat more protein and fewer carbs. Try to only eat your carbs around your workouts and avoid them later in the day.

David147

Awards
Here are a few tips:

1. Try to find exercise that you enjoy and can easily work into your day. I am a nanny so I play lots of active games with the kids in order to stay fit (Simon Says, tag, etc). If you enjoy tennis, soccer, whatever, do that! Just make sure you get your heart rate up. If you tend to be lazy, your approach to exercise may have to be more structured. Make a plan. And whatever you do, stick to it. You may also try doing three 10 minute sessions instead of one longer session.

2. Forget the diet. Instead, just eat healthy. Have all the fruits and veggies you want. Eat less sugar and flour. Watch the bad fats (trans and Sat.). Eat lean protein (chicken and fish) and cut out most red meat. Start thinking of food as a tool that is used to fuel your body. Food=energy.

3. Stay busy. I tend to eat more when I am just sitting around all day. Write down goals/activities and try to make them happen.

4. Forget the scale. The goal is to feel good in your body and to love yourself. Love isn't found in numbers.

5. As you are depressed and now on Medication, perhaps you should see a therapist. Maybe you do already. If not, you should consider it. They can help with depression, body-image, self-esteem and overeating. Some people have a negative view of therapy but trust me, it's worth it.

6. Make sure you have a social life. Human beings need company.

Good luck! I hope these tips have helped.