6 month fat loss

NLevi501

NLevi501

Awards
Hi guys. I am 25 years old and 17 stone, I am currently sitting at 30% bf. I used to go to the gym regularly and then i was going on and off when my son was born so I do have a muscular frame it's just hidden under quite a bit of timber lol
My question is can anyone give me some ideas of an ideal fat loss diet. I am getting married in 6 months and need to lose weight. I go to the gym 5 times a week. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

iowaviking11

Awards
Hi guys. I am 25 years old and 17 stone, I am currently sitting at 30% bf. I used to go to the gym regularly and then i was going on and off when my son was born so I do have a muscular frame it's just hidden under quite a bit of timber lol
My question is can anyone give me some ideas of an ideal fat loss diet. I am getting married in 6 months and need to lose weight. I go to the gym 5 times a week. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Use something like iifym.com to calculate how many calories, and macros you need per day. Any diet you can sustain over the long term will be more beneficial. With that being said though "clean" foods will be better for your health, but if you want something non clean just fit it into your macros for that day and move on without feeling guilty

maria.kremens

maria.kremens

Awards
clean food, lots of water, walking (no hard excising), good sleep, and def no alcohol.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys. I am 25 years old and 17 stone, I am currently sitting at 30% bf. I used to go to the gym regularly and then i was going on and off when my son was born so I do have a muscular frame it's just hidden under quite a bit of timber lol My question is can anyone give me some ideas of an ideal fat loss diet. I am getting married in 6 months and need to lose weight. I go to the gym 5 times a week. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks
I gave you a rough guide the other day.

What's your height? I'll give you a rough calorie guide. Then once you have that try and get a 40/40/20 ratio of protein/carbs/fat. I will also give you a guide on this.

Let me know your height

NLevi501

NLevi501

Awards
I gave you a rough guide the other day. What's your height? I'll give you a rough calorie guide. Then once you have that try and get a 40/40/20 ratio of protein/carbs/fat. I will also give you a guide on this. Let me know your height
Thanks I really appreciate it! I am 5 foot 9

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd recommend the keto diet/low carb. The results you get in the first couple weeks are superior to any other diet in my opinion.
It sucks and is probably the hardest diet to stick to, but if you want results fast then that's one of the best options.
Excited to see how shredded you get!
Goodluck man.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
You may want to add a good fat burner to the mix ! http://www.platinumnutra.com/THERM-X-PRO-60ct-p/txp.htm
^^^ this. And welcome aboard the team :)

Also at 30% bf at your weight and height, I'd estimate you need 2500calories to start losing weight. Eat that every day and keep on top of your exercise at 5 times a week with cardio.

Start like that and see how you get on weekly with height loss, if you gain a 1lb or 2lb then drop the calories by 100-150 per day. It's all about trial and error.

At least you have a starting point. Also adding a fat burner can help. Good luck!

NLevi501

NLevi501

Awards
Thanks guys!! I feel much more confident now that I can go to the gym with a purpose and actually know what I'm aiming for in regards to my diet! Thank you for helping me start this journey and I wish you all well with your goals!

So I've just had a tub of musclepharm shred matrix delivered, do I take it how it's instructed on the tub or do I just take it in the morning when I'm doing my fasted cardio?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Congrats on your journey. 6 Months is plenty of time to change into a different person. We don't you create a log to keep us all up to date and keep yourself on track. In the mean time I do believe with proper diet and some good supplementation you could push yourself just a little farther.

Check out this stack from Mind and Muscle it has everything you need for the entire day!

[video=youtube_share;W6rXve-l_6o]http://youtu.be/W6rXve-l_6o[/video]

Click HERE for 10% off this stack!

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys!! I feel much more confident now that I can go to the gym with a purpose and actually know what I'm aiming for in regards to my diet! Thank you for helping me start this journey and I wish you all well with your goals! So I've just had a tub of musclepharm shred matrix delivered, do I take it how it's instructed on the tub or do I just take it in the morning when I'm doing my fasted cardio?
Your very welcome. Just remember to keep on track with calories and if you stop losing weight, either increase the cardio or drop your cals a little bit.

Take as instructed. It contains caffeine so in the morning will give you a decent pick me up, also if you can fit a serving in before workout that's good as caffeine will help with energy.

NLevi501

NLevi501

Awards
Yeah that's a good idea to keep an online log of my progress as it will help me keep motivated!!

And yeah I will keep a track of my calories and weight loss each week. I have body composition scales at home which I know won't be the most accurate but would you say I should measure bodyfat % each week or on a less frequent basis than that?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that's a good idea to keep an online log of my progress as it will help me keep motivated!! And yeah I will keep a track of my calories and weight loss each week. I have body composition scales at home which I know won't be the most accurate but would you say I should measure bodyfat % each week or on a less frequent basis than that?
Last time I did my body fat was probably 6-7months ago... I'd personally recommend every 3months. You will go insane doing it weekly for sure. If you want an accurate measurement, grab some body fat calipers.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Last time I did my body fat was probably 6-7months ago... I'd personally recommend every 3months. You will go insane doing it weekly for sure. If you want an accurate measurement, grab some body fat calipers.
agreed. This is a long term thing being worried about short term all the time will just make you want to quit!

NLevi501

NLevi501

Awards
Yeah good idea guys! I'm sure I will be able to tell visibly that I'm losing fat then worry about %'s when I'm getting much leaner

onemind1body

onemind1body

Awards
  • Established
I'm about 9 months into a situation similar to yours . I highly suggest using a palumbo keto style diet for the first 4-6 months. It will keep you feeling full and allow your body fat to come down quickly. Then you can reintroduce healthy carb sources slowly once you weigh less and your insulin sensitivity is more efficient. Doing this I went from 300 to about 255 in the first 4 months, then 255 to 220 in the last 5 months once reintroducing carbs ( which I always feared). Good luck!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm about 9 months into a situation similar to yours . I highly suggest using a palumbo keto style diet for the first 4-6 months. It will keep you feeling full and allow your body fat to come down quickly. Then you can reintroduce healthy carb sources slowly once you weigh less and your insulin sensitivity is more efficient. Doing this I went from 300 to about 255 in the first 4 months, then 255 to 220 in the last 5 months once reintroducing carbs ( which I always feared). Good luck!
Congratulations on your weight loss!

foxhound72072

Awards
I used the muscle pharm shred matrix and it helped for sure. No crash, no jitters, just a foul tasting burp. I lost three or four lbs quick on my current exercise plan.

DonnellHensle

Awards
I was also fat and follow diet plan for losing weight, but it doesn't work as per my expectation so I used to switch towards natural weight loss supplement green tea, pure green coffee bean extract, garcinia cambogia, etc. which were fabulous and helped to shed my weight in a faster way. You will surely going to lose weight before your marriage.

David147

Awards
Lose weight healthy is the way not just lose weight. Also, how serious you are is the question too..

healthy lose weight concept is maintain body water level, building healthy lean muscle to increase metabolism for extra body fat burn. This will need to combine with regular work out and healthy eating habit but not diet.. taking high protein based food is important with minimum 3-4 liter water intake daily too.

choose the activity you love you do, just do it. building up active healthy lifestyle will no only keep you lose weight in 6 month but maintain ideal weight and stay healthy for long...