need a new breakfast

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
Its gotten to the point that when I even look at eggs now I start to gag. I usually eat 6 for breakfast with one yolk and 3/4 a cup of oatmeal. I am bulking so I know I should have more like 12 eggs and 1 1/2 cup of oatmeal, but I cant get all that down. Even with my 6 and 3/4, I puked a few times eating breakfast this week. Any suggestions? Please no protein powder for breakfast, i use too much already at work.

jkaz182003

Banned
Awards
maybe try making it into a shake. i do it all the time for breakfast. i put 10 egg whites, 12 oz of water, 3/4 cup of oatmeal, frozen strawberries, a bannana and a hand full of ice cubes in a blender. i cook the eggs for 1 min and 25 sec in the microwave to kill any bacteria. blend it all togeather and theres my breakfast.

BigChuckles

Awards
You could try sauted lean ham. Sometimes I like to eat sauted ground beef for breakfast. Just add Lawry's seasoning salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Some diced onions and mixed veggies can be added but are not necessary. Oatmeal with raisins, splenda, cinnamon, butter, and milk is a nice addition as well.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
my cutting breakfast shake:
16oz milk
3 whole eggs
1 scoop protein powder
1 cup oatmeal

my bulking breakfast shake:
16oz milk
6 whole eggs
2 scoops protein powder
1 cup oatmeal
2 TB peanut butter
1 tsp honey

the peanut butter and chocolate protein powder compliment each other rather well for the bulker, tastes pretty damn good.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i am trying to avoid a liquid breakfast, I eat too many of them each day anyway. I used to do this breakfast shake

4eggs, 1yoke
1 cup milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup 100% fruit juice (any kind)

I am sick of this too.......breakfast sucks, i hate eating in the morning

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Why not have some oatmeal and a can or 2 of tuna?

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If I had to wake up to that at 5:30 in the morning I'd slit my throat.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I agree though breakfast is by far my hardest meal ot force down... Not much better with everything Bobo has me eating too.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
mmmm Bohica.......2 cans of tuna and oat meal for breakfast......I definitely wont puke that up!!!!:icon_lol:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I like about a pound of cottage cheese with some crushed pineapple in it for breakfast,maybe supplement that with some oatmeal and a nice tall cup of milk.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
christ dude.....a pound of cottage cheese and then a tall glass of milk.....combined with the sugar of the pineapple!!!!!!!! puke city!!!!!!!!!! Thats alot of diary in one sitting. In all seriousness everyone keeps talking about cottage with fruit, i think I am gonna try it

Andrew69

Board Supporter
Awards
I just blend 3/4 cup oatmeal, 1.5 scoop of protein, 0.5 scoop casein and 500 ml skim milk in a blender. Tastes nice and thick and keeps me satisifed until my next meal. Its also great to make and run when in a hurry.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Some ideas:

1.)1 glass of skim milk
Whole wheat toast or bagel
Baked beans
Cottage cheese & fruit or fat free yogurt for dessert

2.)cottage cheese, oats, milk, splenda, cinnamon, etc. all mixed together

3.)Omelette(eggs & oats w/ sugar free syrup, eggs & cottage cheese & salsa, etc)

4.)Turkey Sandwich

5.)Grilled steak. Just reheat it in the microwave and add a little sauce.

6.)Blend cottage cheese, oats, fruit, yogurt, egg white, & whey. Refrigerate or freeze. It's like ice cream or pudding.

It's good to have a few different things on hand. Sometimes certain things just don't sound good when you wake up.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Some ideas:

1.)1 glass of skim milk
Whole wheat toast or bagel
Baked beans
Cottage cheese & fruit or fat free yogurt for dessert

2.)cottage cheese, oats, milk, splenda, cinnamon, etc. all mixed together

3.)Omelette(eggs & oats w/ sugar free syrup, eggs & cottage cheese & salsa, etc)

4.)Turkey Sandwich

6.)Blend cottage cheese, oats, fruit, yogurt, egg white, & whey. Refrigerate or freeze. It's like ice cream or pudding.

It's good to have a few different things on hand. Sometimes certain things just don't sound good when you wake up.
baked beans for breakfast? what an inconsiderate way to start your day, with a bunch of ass fuel. :rofl:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
baked beans for breakfast? what an inconsiderate way to start your day, with a bunch of ass fuel. :rofl:
could be worse, he could have a 3+ egg omlette with onion, broccoli and pepper jack cheese... The reek from that would be epic, not to mention it'd be coming from both holes.

merllin_2000

Awards
I am the same way, eggs gag me all the time and smell like a wet dog. I use whole wheat tortilla shells, and sometimes will use chicken, steak, or egg, and ad whatever i feel like haveing with it like lettuce or etc. I cook most of my meals on sunday's and wed. therefore i always have something handy and just warm them up.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I can't do cooked eggs ever again... gag city. I still havent gotten tired of drinking them raw though.

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
make protein pancakes.....toss some flavourless whey into the batter and eat them up with syrup (sugar free or original...whatever you want).

sourinthemind

Awards
I know you are trying to avoid eating in the morning, but here is what I like:

Oatmeal with 50 gr of vanilla whey protien mixed in and cooked with spenda. If you mix the protien in the oats first, add water and then microwave it, everything should turn out nicely. Simple and easy to eat. :cheers:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
make protein pancakes.....toss some flavourless whey into the batter and eat them up with syrup (sugar free or original...whatever you want).
I'm with you t_dot, likin' the hi-pro pancake idea. Start w/ whole grain pancake mix, and jazz it the phuq up! I usually do oatmeal w/protein for breakfast or open face peanut butter and banana sandwiches, but the cakes are gonna be a staple. Love freakin' breakfast!!!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I still like glenihan's oatmeal pancake recipe. I changed it a tad bit.

5 eggs
1/2 cup of oatmeal
1/2 scoop of unflavored whey isolate
cinnamon
splenda
splash of milk
Cook in skillet, viola, oatmeal pancake.
This is my pre workout meal, but you get the point.

Oatmeal Pancake 555 calories-26g fat-27g carbs-50g protein

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
christ dude.....a pound of cottage cheese and then a tall glass of milk.....combined with the sugar of the pineapple!!!!!!!! puke city!!!!!!!!!! Thats alot of diary in one sitting. In all seriousness everyone keeps talking about cottage with fruit, i think I am gonna try it
You should try it with fruit, it's completely different than plain. I love CC with yogurt and walnuts too.

Hell, yeah! If I could afford it, I think I could get used to a pound of NY strip every morning!

boomr

Board Supporter
Awards
sourinthemind..... I also use the same thing for breakfast, however, after hearing from several people that nuking your whey kills its effectiveness....i changed to adding it after I nuke the oatmeal. I was told it somehow breaks it down and won't be very effective in the body. who knows, but I just add it after now. little bit more of a pain, but not much.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I am trying to get away from using powder (wpc, wpi, etc) for breakfast, I use to much powder throughout the day as it is.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
3/4cup ground oats, 24g whey, 24g milk isolate, 1 tbspn ground flax seed. Mix with water & chug every morning. I add a banana sometiimes too.

I sometimes use a carb mix of 1/2 oats & 1/2 ground grapenuts for variety.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
why not just keep it simple 4oz of chicken with some ranch dressing, some apple sauce and vege's

sourinthemind

Awards
sourinthemind..... I also use the same thing for breakfast, however, after hearing from several people that nuking your whey kills its effectiveness....i changed to adding it after I nuke the oatmeal. I was told it somehow breaks it down and won't be very effective in the body. who knows, but I just add it after now. little bit more of a pain, but not much.
Boomr...if you are talking about de-naturing the protien, then that just isn't the case here. Don't worry, just eat it the way you like it. :thumbsup:

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
dude its breakfast for christ sake
thats what I mean
its breakfast no one wants to think that early in the morning
alright though throw in some some whole grain cereal then - I've grown to love all-bran

boomr

Board Supporter
Awards
soul,

so it doesn't harm it in the least huh? well then, that will save me a step. make it easier on my brain, trying to work through the haze of morning.

boomr

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I wake up every morning at 3:45 and I could slit your throat.

I wake up at 3:26 every morning....can you slit my throat? :icon_lol:

when i'm sick of shakes and oats (and have time), I'll throw a cup of oatmeal into 8-10 egg whites in a frying pan. Split them into patties. Then put Splenda, cinnamon and S/F syrup on top. Tastes like French Toast.

Another one that I like is a cup of cottage cheese with a scoop of protein and 1/2 cup mixed berries. Sometimes chocolate, sometimes vanilla. A little BSL flavoring makes it scrumptous :cheers: