Diet stack for UD 2.0

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.94%

Diet stack for UD 2.0

Well, I am preparing to attempt UD 2.0. I will most likely be logging and posting pics. As such I am amazing some chemical help right now. I will be in week 1 or 2 of PCT when I start the diet. I had planned on starting this coming Monday, but my buddy will be in town next week after a tour in Iraq, so I'll probably want to party hard. Probably not the thing to do in PCT but oh well. In any case, when I start UD 2.0, I want to be serious. Here are the supps I have accumulated for UD 2.0, what does everyone think of this diet stack?

ALCAR-5 grams a day
    Taurine-1 gram a day
    Fish oil-6 gelcaps a day
    glucomannan (not sure of dosage yet, buying Mike's bulk powder)
    hoodia gordonii ('')
    Clenbuterol + Ketotifen, 80-140 mcgs a day
    Glucophase XR

Thx,
    CT

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I just finished 5 weeks of UD2 with impressive results. I dropped about 4%bf in 5 weeks, and I even screwed up a few times. Party with your boy, finish up PCT, then start. Being in PCT you probably have a much greater chance of losing your hard-earned muscle with UD2.

Your supps look good as well. I had a kick ass pre-workout cocktail that you might want to consider. I don't remember the doses of each but it was made up of:
    BCAA
    Betaine
    Choline
    Cit. Malate
    Alcar
    Tyrosine
    Taurine
    Crystal Light

During the workout I sipped on 15-20g of BCAA with 4-5g of Cit. Malate mixed with Crystal Light. I kept up my intensity through the bitch-ass Depletion and tension workouts. I highly reccommend something along these lines.

I also used sesathin2-3times per day, as well as Vasopro w/caffeine anhydrous tabs. I never really had severe cravings. All that being said, the workouts are not enjoyable. Don't do more than 5-6 weeks of UD2 w/o taking a break.

Good Luck.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.94%

What does 4% bf break down to in terms of pounds of fat lost? I REALLY need to set realistic expectations or I'm going to get discouraged.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

About 8lbs of fat. I went from about 188 to 180. I really don't think I lost muscle. My strength was as good at the end of the 5 weeks as it was at the beginning, and I had stopped taking creatine, which means I actually gained a bit of strength. My girl had never seen me so lean. She was amazed.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.94%

Wow, ok I'm in
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Yeah, bro, it may be extremely uncomfortable at times (cough...depletion workouts...cough), but the results are undeniable. Derek/Beast who just started posting here has done it with even greater success than I had. I think he used the GXR along with Lean Extreme. You may want to throw the LX in if you have a few $$. Good luck.
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.88%

I am going to be doing this in a few weeks. Will be doing the diet in conjunction with SD and Usnic Acid for 6 weeks. (only 2-3 weeks of UA though).
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    I am going to be doing this in a few weeks. Will be doing the diet in conjunction with SD and Usnic Acid for 6 weeks. (only 2-3 weeks of UA though).
    I just read in another thread that SD and low carbs is not an ideal setup. Several sharp members, such as Twin Peaks, have said that at least a component of the action of SD seems to be tremendous glycogen storage, which means loading the muscle with additional nutrients as well, thus setting the stage for increased strength, recovery, and hence growth. By limiting carbs you will limit your growth potential by depriving one of SD's growth mechanisms.
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%
  10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.88%

Yeah, I know. I read it too, and thanks!

However, I am not looking to bulk or make any real gains to be honest. I just want to maintain what little I do have while stripping too much of what I don't want

Thanks again for the caution!
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Ahhh, I get it.
  12. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.88%

Plus, given my very slow metabolism (true endo here). My cals will definitely be lower than most on the UD 2 program. Definitely need something to counteract potential for mega muscle loss.
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Lower than 1200cals. Yikes.

How much do you weigh now, and how much weight do you need to lose?
  14. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.88%

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Lower than 1200cals. Yikes.

How much do you weigh now, and how much weight do you need to lose?
    am roughly 275 right now with 20-22% BF. 38" waist.

I know this diet is meant for more leaner individuals but I wanna give it a shot regardless

For me, it's not about losing weight as it is more about losing bodyfay. I'd rather be 270 at 15% BF then 240 20%.

I'm 6'3" also.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.94%

You may want to throw the LX in if you have a few $$. Good luck.
    It would seem that the mechanism of action for LX is simply cortisol control right?
  16. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

I believe so, but I haven't really researched it. I have just heard exceptionally good things about it, especially in PCT and cutting scenarios.

There is a Lean Xtreme reference point thread in the Designer forum. Check it out. Tons of people have had success with it here.
  17. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

I know this diet is meant for more leaner individuals but I wanna give it a shot regardless

For me, it's not about losing weight as it is more about losing bodyfay. I'd rather be 270 at 15% BF then 240 20%.

I'm 6'3" also.
    Yeah, I know Lyle reccommends it for either <15% or <12%, but try it anyways. He didn't bother to explain why, but you might be able to get more info at his site, bodyrecomposition.com.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.29%

I'm 6'3" also.
    UD is a great diet, no doubt, but what have you been eating recently? If you've been lax about you're diet up to now, I'd ease into a good, clean, controlled diet for a couple weeks before attempting UD.

1200 cals while on UA and SD, am I reading that right? I don't know how you're body works bro, but at 275, I'd stick around 1900 cals, esp w/ SD and UA.

If you can stick it out going as low as 1200, go for it. I'd probly crash and burn. Good luck
  19. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.88%

Yeah, I know Lyle reccommends it for either <15% or <12%, but try it anyways. He didn't bother to explain why, but you might be able to get more info at his site, bodyrecomposition.com.
    Probably because you can SEE the visual changes at the 12-15% ranges than you can at the 20'ish% range.
  20. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.88%

Quote Originally Posted by BigPJ
    UD is a great diet, no doubt, but what have you been eating recently? If you've been lax about you're diet up to now, I'd ease into a good, clean, controlled diet for a couple weeks before attempting UD.

1200 cals while on UA and SD, am I reading that right? I don't know how you're body works bro, but at 275, I'd stick around 1900 cals, esp w/ SD and UA.

If you can stick it out going as low as 1200, go for it. I'd probly crash and burn. Good luck
    Thanks for your thoughts.

I hear you and trust me, my body works this way. It's ****ed up I know and goes against most of the philosphy out there but for my to really diet, 2000-2200 cals/day (or less) is what I need. As I get older, this control becomes much, much more important for me. I am literally, a true endo.

Some will disagree with me and that's fine. I know there are other ways to get the job done and I have tried many, many variations with decent success but in the end... the tried and true low cal, hardcore training gets the job done for me.

NOW, that said. That cal restriction is without the use of androgens and uncouplers/thermos. I will have to assess things early on to ensure optimal, but not wasted, progress is ocurring.

Thanks again.

Aaron
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.8%

for you guys who have done the UD 2.0...how mentally drained are you during the week? Im planning to start UD 2.0 in July and go on it for 6 weeks, but will i be able to function during the day? also anyone have a written up diet log for UD 2.0...just wondering what you guys ate for the week. seems like a very effective and fast fat loss diet if you can take the beating.
  22. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.91%

If I remember correctly from the book (yeah I actually bought and read UD2.0), he only recommends it for <12% because it is simply not necessary if you are a higher bf than that. You really arent taxing your body at all if you are at a high bf % and it is easy to cut w/ minimal muscle loss until you reach the low double digits. In other words, unless you are into torture, why the hell would you use the UD2.0 in the early stages of a cut (high bf %) when a simple clean diet will get you the same results

It is really designed for those who want to achieve really low bf %'s w/ minimal muscle loss WITHOUT the use of drugs. Definitely not something made for everyone, and he makes that very clear in the book.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.62%

What is UD 2.0?? where can I get info?
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.8%

its a very intense diet and difficult, but very effective. you have to be very strict about your carbs and cals and its based on a cycle. the workouts also change during the week. its also for people with 12-15% bodyfat. you have to either buy an online version (20$ i think) or a book (im not sure how much).
  25. the triumph of the grill
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.78%

Quote Originally Posted by charliewat
    What is UD 2.0?? where can I get info?
    It's an INSANE diet. IMHO, Lyle (the guy who wrote the book) only did it to be "more hardcore" than Duchaine, and didn't contribute much in the process.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

If you're going to try the keto route, do a CKD instead. UD2.0 will kill your lifts and **** with your head. CKDs are friendlier, still pretty hard core , and work well for some people (I just came off of a 10-week CKD and was able to drop to ~9% BF doing very little cardio).

I tend to hang out a lot at http://www.c-k-d.com/ ; go through some of the reading there; you'll find some posts in the forums about UD2 vs. CKD, and you can make a decision without buying the book.

-kwantam
  26. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Quote Originally Posted by TheKashi
    for you guys who have done the UD 2.0...how mentally drained are you during the week? Im planning to start UD 2.0 in July and go on it for 6 weeks, but will i be able to function during the day? also anyone have a written up diet log for UD 2.0...just wondering what you guys ate for the week. seems like a very effective and fast fat loss diet if you can take the beating.
    I honestly did not think it was as mentally draining as I expected. Perhaps I just respond well to low carbs, but I shed fat like crazy, and I was not a space cadet. I am teaching and finishing a Master's degree right now, so I really thought I would have to abandon the diet, but it went fine. It is definitely worth trying IMHO. I didn't write up a diet log. In fact, I didn't write anything down, I just ate small meals, protein and veggies, 5-6 times per day. Any time I was hungry I just ate a tsp of natty pb or a handful of almonds. Most of my lifts stayed pretty constant. My only gripe is that I inflamed a rotator cuff, I think due to hitting it 4 times per week.

Give it a whirl, but you might want to keep it down to 4 or 5 weeks for the sake of sanity. I don't think I would do it for more than 4 weeks again, but i will definitely do it again.
  27. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.88%

I honestly did not think it was as mentally draining as I expected. Perhaps I just respond well to low carbs, but I shed fat like crazy, and I was not a space cadet. I am teaching and finishing a Master's degree right now, so I really thought I would have to abandon the diet, but it went fine. It is definitely worth trying IMHO. I didn't write up a diet log. In fact, I didn't write anything down, I just ate small meals, protein and veggies, 5-6 times per day. Any time I was hungry I just ate a tsp of natty pb or a handful of almonds. Most of my lifts stayed pretty constant. My only gripe is that I inflamed a rotator cuff, I think due to hitting it 4 times per week.

Give it a whirl, but you might want to keep it down to 4 or 5 weeks for the sake of sanity. I don't think I would do it for more than 4 weeks again, but i will definitely do it again.
    Technically, eating 5-6 times a day is not following the UD 2 to the T
  28. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

It is if you are eating 200-300 cals per meal. Or perhaps I don't remember correctly. I thought I recalled Lyle saying that you won't be eating 5-6 times per day, unless you want to eat 200 cals per meal. I prefer to get at least 20-30g of protein every 2-3 hours. I would also say that BCAAs are a must on this diet.
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.94%

After a week on this stack, minus the glucomannan (it never came), I can tell you it works very well for supressing the appetite. I don't know how much Hoodia I am taking but it is 2-3 00 gelcaps full of Mike's powder. The ALCAR and fish oil, it is hard to see any benefit from directly, but I think you need them to survive and keep the metabolism up in a starvation state.

GXR is very good for clearing the blood of sugar.

The depletion workouts are absolute murder. I wish I could find some sort of pre-workout stimulant/painkiller (lol) that would get me through those without such misery.
  30. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Quote Originally Posted by credible_threat
    The depletion workouts are absolute murder. I wish I could find some sort of pre-workout stimulant/painkiller (lol) that would get me through those without such misery.
    I found that music helps, and I did the depletion workouts as circuits, which made it much more tolerable. I also only did about 8 sets for legs, instead of 12, and trusted that cardio would take care of the rest of depletion. It worked.
  31. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.97%

Quote Originally Posted by TheKashi
    Kashi, I am keeping a UD2.0 log over on the Bulknutrition forum. I'm not posting my diet specifics, but you can check them out on my public journal at fitday.com if you want. Ignore my goals, their old. I've maintained the diet pretty strictly there since 3/24 when I started the UD2.0 plan. I'm not hitting the targets as well as I'd like, but I'm getting better.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=dice nzo

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sources for creating own Diet Stack
    By alewisdvm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 04:56 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 10:52 PM
  3. Atkins Diet: Good for overall health???
    By Lifeguard in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 04:44 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 04:17 PM