Planning things for a friend and need help

illz faded

His name is John he weights 186 around 22%bf 5'7' nwants to lose weight, i advised him to check his diet such as 40/40/20, dose that sound good? well im trying to figure out what he should include in the 6 meals, any one got any suggestions? like what kind of foods and such, plus how many times he should do cardio? i told him 5x a week about 45 mins. Plus weight training of course, all comments and opinions are appriciated. thanks

illz faded

plus if he keeps it strict, how long would it be till he hits 10% bf?

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Funny you said his name.. Reminds me where on Love Line (Think Adam and Doctor Drew....) Where when the person says a name... "My friend John... " it was actually themselves... anyways...

If you do a little reading on older posts or search all your questions are already answered. As far as how fast he will get to 10%... what's he at now? :trout: And there is really no way to say... time, patience and discipline are what's needed.

As far as foods go:

When Protein Isolate (WPI)
Multi Vitamin
Chicken
Steak
Tuna
Yogurt
Cottage Cheese (mix with fruit for better taste)
Yams
Brown Rice
Broccoli

iwinulose2981

Awards
His name is John he weights 186 around 22%bf 5'7' nwants to lose weight, i advised him to check his diet such as 40/40/20, dose that sound good? well im trying to figure out what he should include in the 6 meals, any one got any suggestions? like what kind of foods and such, plus how many times he should do cardio? i told him 5x a week about 45 mins. Plus weight training of course, all comments and opinions are appriciated. thanks
need more info then that.
is he looking to gain more muscle or is he just trying to lose weight
as far as foods go it all depends on his calorie intake. see around how many calories it takes for his body weight to stay put then just take the calories down a few hundred.
its not what foods to eat but more importantly what foods not to eat. stay away from starches and sugars
cardio should be done at low impact 65% of max heart weight
as far as weight training it depends on what he is trying do
is he trying to slim down or gain muscle?
need more info

illz faded

Funny you said his name.. Reminds me where on Love Line (Think Adam and Doctor Drew....) Where when the person says a name... "My friend John... " it was actually themselves... anyways...

If you do a little reading on older posts or search all your questions are already answered. As far as how fast he will get to 10%... what's he at now? :trout: And there is really no way to say... time, patience and discipline are what's needed.

As far as foods go:

When Protein Isolate (WPI)
Multi Vitamin
Chicken
Steak
Tuna
Yogurt
Cottage Cheese (mix with fruit for better taste)
Yams
Brown Rice
Broccoli
hes at 22%bf as of right now

illz faded

need more info then that.
is he looking to gain more muscle or is he just trying to lose weight
as far as foods go it all depends on his calorie intake. see around how many calories it takes for his body weight to stay put then just take the calories down a few hundred.
its not what foods to eat but more importantly what foods not to eat. stay away from starches and sugars
cardio should be done at low impact 65% of max heart weight
as far as weight training it depends on what he is trying do
is he trying to slim down or gain muscle?
need more info
trying to lose the weight, and keep the muscle, but i told him that wouldnt work since if you cut you have to lose some muscle....

illz faded

plus what about, carb cycling? 3 days [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fibrous Carbohydrates then the other three days with [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starchy Carbohydrates? would that optimize his gains? and he'll reach his goal even quicker?[/font]

[/font]

iwinulose2981

Awards
trying to lose the weight, and keep the muscle, but i told him that wouldnt work since if you cut you have to lose some muscle....
first off you shouldnt try new things to speed it up. its worth the time and effort to do it correctly and effectively the first time. if hes looking to gain muscle then have him get on a high protein diet try to keep it low calorie low fat. only time he should have simple carbs is post workout. as far as cardio 4-5 days low impact 65% max heart rate will cut the fat. as far as workouts a simple 3 day split will start him off good
monday back bis
wensday chest tris
friday legs
sets should be done to failure with the reps around 8

no regrets

Awards
he should train shoulders too on leg day if he only wants to do a 3 day split.

illz faded

first off you shouldnt try new things to speed it up. its worth the time and effort to do it correctly and effectively the first time. if hes looking to gain muscle then have him get on a high protein diet try to keep it low calorie low fat. only time he should have simple carbs is post workout. as far as cardio 4-5 days low impact 65% max heart rate will cut the fat. as far as workouts a simple 3 day split will start him off good
monday back bis
wensday chest tris
friday legs
sets should be done to failure with the reps around 8
ok, and what about ECY? CLEN? would i advise him to go on those or no?

iwinulose2981

Awards
he should train shoulders too on leg day if he only wants to do a 3 day split.
well if your doing compound exercises you dont really need to hit delts to often. i get a great delt workout from doing dumbell flies and dips not to mention rear flies

iwinulose2981

Awards
ok, and what about ECY? CLEN? would i advise him to go on those or no?
if his diet is in order and hes doing regular cardio there should be no need for fat burners. have him go for it the old fashioned way .