Planning things for a friend and need help

  1. illz faded
    Guest
    illz faded's Avatar

    Planning things for a friend and need help


    His name is John he weights 186 around 22%bf 5'7' nwants to lose weight, i advised him to check his diet such as 40/40/20, dose that sound good? well im trying to figure out what he should include in the 6 meals, any one got any suggestions? like what kind of foods and such, plus how many times he should do cardio? i told him 5x a week about 45 mins. Plus weight training of course, all comments and opinions are appriciated. thanks

  2. illz faded
    Guest
    illz faded's Avatar

    plus if he keeps it strict, how long would it be till he hits 10% bf?
  3. Registered User
    JonesersRX7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,487
    Rep Power
    864
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    78.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Funny you said his name.. Reminds me where on Love Line (Think Adam and Doctor Drew....) Where when the person says a name... "My friend John... " it was actually themselves... anyways...

    If you do a little reading on older posts or search all your questions are already answered. As far as how fast he will get to 10%... what's he at now? And there is really no way to say... time, patience and discipline are what's needed.

    As far as foods go:

    When Protein Isolate (WPI)
    Multi Vitamin
    Chicken
    Steak
    Tuna
    Yogurt
    Cottage Cheese (mix with fruit for better taste)
    Yams
    Brown Rice
    Broccoli
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    iwinulose2981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    86.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by illz faded
    His name is John he weights 186 around 22%bf 5'7' nwants to lose weight, i advised him to check his diet such as 40/40/20, dose that sound good? well im trying to figure out what he should include in the 6 meals, any one got any suggestions? like what kind of foods and such, plus how many times he should do cardio? i told him 5x a week about 45 mins. Plus weight training of course, all comments and opinions are appriciated. thanks
    need more info then that.
    is he looking to gain more muscle or is he just trying to lose weight
    as far as foods go it all depends on his calorie intake. see around how many calories it takes for his body weight to stay put then just take the calories down a few hundred.
    its not what foods to eat but more importantly what foods not to eat. stay away from starches and sugars
    cardio should be done at low impact 65% of max heart weight
    as far as weight training it depends on what he is trying do
    is he trying to slim down or gain muscle?
    need more info
  5. illz faded
    Guest
    illz faded's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by JonesersRX7
    Funny you said his name.. Reminds me where on Love Line (Think Adam and Doctor Drew....) Where when the person says a name... "My friend John... " it was actually themselves... anyways...

    If you do a little reading on older posts or search all your questions are already answered. As far as how fast he will get to 10%... what's he at now? And there is really no way to say... time, patience and discipline are what's needed.

    As far as foods go:

    When Protein Isolate (WPI)
    Multi Vitamin
    Chicken
    Steak
    Tuna
    Yogurt
    Cottage Cheese (mix with fruit for better taste)
    Yams
    Brown Rice
    Broccoli
    hes at 22%bf as of right now
  6. illz faded
    Guest
    illz faded's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by iwinulose2981
    need more info then that.
    is he looking to gain more muscle or is he just trying to lose weight
    as far as foods go it all depends on his calorie intake. see around how many calories it takes for his body weight to stay put then just take the calories down a few hundred.
    its not what foods to eat but more importantly what foods not to eat. stay away from starches and sugars
    cardio should be done at low impact 65% of max heart weight
    as far as weight training it depends on what he is trying do
    is he trying to slim down or gain muscle?
    need more info
    trying to lose the weight, and keep the muscle, but i told him that wouldnt work since if you cut you have to lose some muscle....
  7. illz faded
    Guest
    illz faded's Avatar

    plus what about, carb cycling? 3 days Fibrous Carbohydrates then the other three days with Starchy Carbohydrates? would that optimize his gains? and he'll reach his goal even quicker?

  8. New Member
    iwinulose2981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    86.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by illz faded
    trying to lose the weight, and keep the muscle, but i told him that wouldnt work since if you cut you have to lose some muscle....
    first off you shouldnt try new things to speed it up. its worth the time and effort to do it correctly and effectively the first time. if hes looking to gain muscle then have him get on a high protein diet try to keep it low calorie low fat. only time he should have simple carbs is post workout. as far as cardio 4-5 days low impact 65% max heart rate will cut the fat. as far as workouts a simple 3 day split will start him off good
    monday back bis
    wensday chest tris
    friday legs
    sets should be done to failure with the reps around 8
  9. New Member
    no regrets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    135
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    68.85%

    he should train shoulders too on leg day if he only wants to do a 3 day split.
  10. illz faded
    Guest
    illz faded's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by iwinulose2981
    first off you shouldnt try new things to speed it up. its worth the time and effort to do it correctly and effectively the first time. if hes looking to gain muscle then have him get on a high protein diet try to keep it low calorie low fat. only time he should have simple carbs is post workout. as far as cardio 4-5 days low impact 65% max heart rate will cut the fat. as far as workouts a simple 3 day split will start him off good
    monday back bis
    wensday chest tris
    friday legs
    sets should be done to failure with the reps around 8
    ok, and what about ECY? CLEN? would i advise him to go on those or no?
  11. New Member
    iwinulose2981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    86.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by no regrets
    he should train shoulders too on leg day if he only wants to do a 3 day split.
    well if your doing compound exercises you dont really need to hit delts to often. i get a great delt workout from doing dumbell flies and dips not to mention rear flies
  12. New Member
    iwinulose2981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    86.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by illz faded
    ok, and what about ECY? CLEN? would i advise him to go on those or no?
    if his diet is in order and hes doing regular cardio there should be no need for fat burners. have him go for it the old fashioned way .
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. hello im new! and need help for a cycle
    By supershah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 08:59 AM
  2. Another Order for my Friends(and other issues)
    By T-Bone in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 04:55 PM
  3. New and need help. What's better M14ADD or M1T?
    By TonsKGB in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 05:21 PM
  4. New and need help
    By little T in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 11:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in