Oats ?

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I have finaly run out of the 11lbs of Malto I bought.. I have 2 giant boxes
of Quaker Quick Oats. Would this be good to mix up for PWO?

Also I would like to use this and WPC as a meal replacement would that be good?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
are the quick oats still just 100% oats? or is there a bunch of sugar and garbage in it? ... assuming they aren't the instant oats and just the ones that are kind of grounded already they are great PWO

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
just check the pkgs. If they aren't "regular" flavor, chances are they have a lot of added sugar, etc.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oats (plain) and whey, are an awesome anytime meal.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
They are plain 100% in 5lb bags from B.J.`s.. so it`s a go then..

Thanks!

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I recently started eating the real oats as opposed to the quick oats. It's three minutes in the microwave instead of one, but the taste and texture are totally different (and better IMO) and I bet it's healthier that way too.

Also, does grinding oats to make quick oats raise the GI number of the oats?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
not sure how it would increase the GI. however, it would more than likely speed up the digestion process.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
oats should be a staple part of any bodybuilding diet, whether bulking or cutting, oats are perhaps the best carb source. Malto, on the other hand is something that should only be taken PWO.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I recently started eating the real oats as opposed to the quick oats. It's three minutes in the microwave instead of one, but the taste and texture are totally different (and better IMO) and I bet it's healthier that way too.

Also, does grinding oats to make quick oats raise the GI number of the oats?
Strange, I like the porridge-ish texture of quick oats, can't stand the rough and chewey texture of old fashioned oats.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Strange, I like the porridge-ish texture of quick oats, can't stand the rough and chewey texture of old fashioned oats.

Well, then you're just never gonna reach your potential!!! I'm kidding. I think the difference is pretty marginal. No doubt the slower, lower GI anything is gonna be best, and the rough, natty whole gravel-like oats are the very best you can eat. But if you're dialed in, and you're eating oatmeal consciously and staying on top of things, you're gonna be just fine. Bottom line is oats are good any way, unless they're in a sweetened crap cereal (hot or cold).

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think Ex is worried about calories, lol.