optimum overnight mrp

  1. Advanced Member
    julius kelp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    762
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    52.88%

    optimum overnight mrp


    well, it was discussed recently that nobody is making a great "middle of the night" shake. i may just mix my own. what would be a good makeup? i made one tonight, it consisted of a scoop (30gms) of a casein/whey iso blend (sugar free orange flavor), a bit of ground flax powder, & a dash of orange metamucil for consistency! all ideas appreciated.

  2. Advanced Member
    julius kelp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    762
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    52.88%

    ok, may have to scratch the metamucil, it tends to lump up instead of thicken the way i hoped...might just use little flax oil instead of powder too.
  3. Senior Member
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,414
    Rep Power
    1336
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    9.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by julius kelp
    well, it was discussed recently that nobody is making a great "middle of the night" shake. i may just mix my own. what would be a good makeup? i made one tonight, it consisted of a scoop (30gms) of a casein/whey iso blend (sugar free orange flavor), a bit of ground flax powder, & a dash of orange metamucil for consistency! all ideas appreciated.
    Looks good to me. Just make sure the casien percentage is higher than the whey percentage. Maybe something like 80/20 or 70/30.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1963
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    6.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    a great blend for next time is 15% whey 35% MPI 50% aussie casein
  5. Advanced Member
    julius kelp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    762
    Rep Power
    520
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    52.88%

    aussie casein? actually pfactory is where i got the orange blend! it's 70% casein & 30% iso chill. i support our board guys as well. i was just kind of wondering how much protein a 200lb guy could use over night & also maybe if a lil healthy fats might be good.
  6. Senior Member
    exnihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    924
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Try cottage cheese... Mix in a little peanut butter if you are really trying to push cals, or some fruit for flavor.
  7. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1963
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    6.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by julius kelp
    aussie casein? actually pfactory is where i got the orange blend! it's 70% casein & 30% iso chill. i support our board guys as well. i was just kind of wondering how much protein a 200lb guy could use over night & also maybe if a lil healthy fats might be good.
    i'm around 200 and like to take in 30ish grams before bed while cutting and 50+ while bulking
  8. Senior Member
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,414
    Rep Power
    1336
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    9.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    Try cottage cheese... Mix in a little peanut butter if you are really trying to push cals, or some fruit for flavor.
    Cottage cheese and PB huh. Sounds disgusting. Personally I use olive oil and sunflower seeds for flavor and the extra fat and cals as well.
  9. New Member
    d2Lw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    130
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    97.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Cottage cheese and PB huh. Sounds disgusting. Personally I use olive oil and sunflower seeds for flavor and the extra fat and cals as well.
    Cottage cheese + splenda +Natty PB is great/tasty (sometime I add cinn)
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Optimum 100% whey - choc. mint
    By ralph4u2c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 10:37 PM
  2. Pro Rated vs. Optimum 100% Whey
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 10:36 AM
  3. optimum whey + dextrose + strawberries
    By Sanosuke in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 03:12 PM
  4. A MRP Shake that is very good!
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-13-2002, 01:12 AM
  5. Vpx Mrp
    By Rhinoman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2002, 01:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in