optimum overnight mrp

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
well, it was discussed recently that nobody is making a great "middle of the night" shake. i may just mix my own. what would be a good makeup? i made one tonight, it consisted of a scoop (30gms) of a casein/whey iso blend (sugar free orange flavor), a bit of ground flax powder, & a dash of orange metamucil for consistency! all ideas appreciated.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
ok, may have to scratch the metamucil, it tends to lump up instead of thicken the way i hoped...might just use little flax oil instead of powder too.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
well, it was discussed recently that nobody is making a great "middle of the night" shake. i may just mix my own. what would be a good makeup? i made one tonight, it consisted of a scoop (30gms) of a casein/whey iso blend (sugar free orange flavor), a bit of ground flax powder, & a dash of orange metamucil for consistency! all ideas appreciated.
Looks good to me. Just make sure the casien percentage is higher than the whey percentage. Maybe something like 80/20 or 70/30.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
a great blend for next time is 15% whey 35% MPI 50% aussie casein

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
aussie casein? actually pfactory is where i got the orange blend! it's 70% casein & 30% iso chill. i support our board guys as well. i was just kind of wondering how much protein a 200lb guy could use over night & also maybe if a lil healthy fats might be good.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Try cottage cheese... Mix in a little peanut butter if you are really trying to push cals, or some fruit for flavor.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
aussie casein? actually pfactory is where i got the orange blend! it's 70% casein & 30% iso chill. i support our board guys as well. i was just kind of wondering how much protein a 200lb guy could use over night & also maybe if a lil healthy fats might be good.
i'm around 200 and like to take in 30ish grams before bed while cutting and 50+ while bulking

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Try cottage cheese... Mix in a little peanut butter if you are really trying to push cals, or some fruit for flavor.
Cottage cheese and PB huh. Sounds disgusting. Personally I use olive oil and sunflower seeds for flavor and the extra fat and cals as well.

d2Lw

Awards
Cottage cheese and PB huh. Sounds disgusting. Personally I use olive oil and sunflower seeds for flavor and the extra fat and cals as well.
Cottage cheese + splenda +Natty PB is great/tasty (sometime I add cinn)