New to site

1. Advanced Member

New to site

Hi I am new to this site and I am in a bodyfat cutting period in my training in order to prepare myself for the upcoming football season. I am not really concerned about getting into contest shape, but would like to be arond 10% just so I can move well. I am a tight end. I am currently 6-4 and 240 pounds. I am around 18 percent bf, but that is a guess. I am a 36 3/4 inches around the waist but I have discovered I can get much leaner, probably around a 31 inch waist . My upper body is big as well asl my limbs. I just seem to carry my fat in the midsection. My arms are 17 and torso is 47. I am starting my cutting slowly so I don't lose much muscle. I do a 4 day split, Monda is shoulders/traps/abs, tuesday is back/bis/calves, wednesday off, thursday is chest/tris/abs, friday is legs/ calves, and saturday and sunday I am off as well. Every week I will add something as far as speed and agility. My meal plan right now is as follows:

Meal 1: protein bar, 20 oz milk
    Meal 2: 4 eggs, ezekiel bread(2) or ezekiel tortilla, 1 cup lf or ff cottage cheese. ketchup
    Meal 3: ezekiel or ww bread(2) luncheon meats( really lean), 20 oz. ff milk, fruit
    Meal 4: 50g of some lean meat, salad with ff dressing or veggies
    Meal 5: 3 eggs, luncheon meats, 2 slices ezekiel bread or ww bread, 1/2 cup lf or ff cottage cheese

What do you guys think of this for an athlete trying to get ready for next season. I am also taking creatine monohydrate, and ZMA. I plan to add maybe glutamine to the mix and some whey protein. I am also going to take my second cycle of M1T after I cut some fat and I can tell a difference in muscle.

2. Advanced Member

bump, anyone?
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPHILL1984
    Hi I am new to this site and I am in a bodyfat cutting period in my training in order to prepare myself for the upcoming football season. I am not really concerned about getting into contest shape, but would like to be arond 10% just so I can move well. I am a tight end. I am currently 6-4 and 240 pounds. I am around 18 percent bf, but that is a guess. I am a 36 3/4 inches around the waist but I have discovered I can get much leaner, probably around a 31 inch waist . My upper body is big as well asl my limbs. I just seem to carry my fat in the midsection. My arms are 17 and torso is 47. I am starting my cutting slowly so I don't lose much muscle. I do a 4 day split, Monda is shoulders/traps/abs, tuesday is back/bis/calves, wednesday off, thursday is chest/tris/abs, friday is legs/ calves, and saturday and sunday I am off as well. Every week I will add something as far as speed and agility. My meal plan right now is as follows:

Meal 1: protein bar, 20 oz milk
    Meal 2: 4 eggs, ezekiel bread(2) or ezekiel tortilla, 1 cup lf or ff cottage cheese. ketchup
    Meal 3: ezekiel or ww bread(2) luncheon meats( really lean), 20 oz. ff milk, fruit
    Meal 4: 50g of some lean meat, salad with ff dressing or veggies
    Meal 5: 3 eggs, luncheon meats, 2 slices ezekiel bread or ww bread, 1/2 cup lf or ff cottage cheese

What do you guys think of this for an athlete trying to get ready for next season. I am also taking creatine monohydrate, and ZMA. I plan to add maybe glutamine to the mix and some whey protein. I am also going to take my second cycle of M1T after I cut some fat and I can tell a difference in muscle.
    forst off welcome to the site.
    if your looking to cut i would switch your protein shake to either protein with water or low fat milk not just regular milk
    also instead of 3 reg eggs maybe make it 6-8 egg whites
    if your looking to cut stay away from ketchup ---- ketchup is nothing but sugar
    also the luncheon meats are probably full of sodium i would just sub them for some chicken breasts or fish fillets
    instead of the wwbread how about some brown rice or mixed veggies or plain broccoli
    also how much water are you intaking a day?
    anyways try to give alittle more info alot of this depends on your body type
    once again welcome
    •   

4. Advanced Member

Thanks a lot, I like this site a whole lot better than some I have browsed through, seems more hardcore. You have to remember that I am a athlete( football TE) so I need plenty of clean carbs, not a lot but enough, around 150-200 a day. I only drink my shakes after workouts because I find whey a waste if I don't need the fast digesting protein on a off day. I am assuming 3,000 calories is pretty good, both to lose some fat along the way to summer practice( august) and enough energy to fuel workouts. I just started my speed and agility training so I will do it every on day and totally rest on off days. Are the luncheon meats ok for the mean time, I get them because they are fairly cheap where I get groceries and add a little more protein to my meals. As soon as I start getting bulk chicken for cheap again( .49 a pound) I will put that in between my ezekiel bread with some kind of low sugar sauce( need some flavor man). I drink about 2 gallons a day of water( I am a big boy, LOL!) and I am a meso-endomorph. I have to watch myself, although I get muscle fast I have to make sure I don't gain fat. I lose pretty fast though so that doesn't make sense. I was skinny as a kid but got fatter when I stopped growing and playing sports daily. In high school I was pretty muscular but still overweight as I needed as much weight as I could for D-1 football. Now that I am eating healthy besides a cheat day on fridays to spike metabolism, I am losing but slowly, which is OK. Hope that helps guys, anything else I can't think of at the time.

Similar Forum Threads

1. New to site!
    By 38Nstrong in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 07:23 PM
  2. new to site
    By lou4938 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 07:29 PM
  3. New to site
    By Hook636 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11