Carb/Amino Drink while cutting

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I've seen a lot of posts lately concerning the use of carb/amino drinks during workouts. Would this still be a good idea for someone that's cutting. I'm sure that the addition of an amino drink is a good choice no matter what a person is trying to accomplish, but what about the addition of a gatorade during a workout while cutting.

Also will adding a carb/amino drink during a workout decrease the effectiveness of cardio that immmediately follows that workout. Also will the addition of just a plain amino drink hurt the effectiveness of cardio immediately following a workout.

Thanks for the help.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Depends on how far along you are or should I say how much you need to cut. On leg days I incorporate Gatorade during my workout, and that's the only time.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I think a carb/amino drink is gonna have benefits outweigh cost (in terms of calories) because you are helping yourself energy-wise. As long as its a reasonable thing--just enough sugar (and the right kind) you will most likely use all those calories to replenish yourself during your workout and post-workout. As far as post-w/o cardio--good question. Might mean you have the carbs rolling, so you fail to tap into a "fat-burning" state, if that is indeed what you accomplish in your post-w/o cardio. I'll be interested to hear what the more knowledgable members have to say.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Depends on how far along you are or should I say how much you need to cut. On leg days I incorporate Gatorade during my workout, and that's the only time.
I was actually think of something like this. But incorporate the carb/amino drink on heavier lifting days like chest, back and legs. And then just the amino's on my lighter days like arms, shoulders.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
As far as post-w/o cardio--good question. Might mean you have the carbs rolling, so you fail to tap into a "fat-burning" state, if that is indeed what you accomplish in your post-w/o cardio. I'll be interested to hear what the more knowledgable members have to say.
This is what i'm worried about. My intention w/ post w/o cardio is to take advantage of released fatty acids, and lower glycogen stores to increase the use of fat as energy. If i'm taking a carb drink my glycogen stores aren't going to be lowered, and i probably won't be burning as much fat.

Bump on the use of just an amino drink during a workout and its effects on post workout cardio.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would use just an amino drink on the days you plan on doing cardio. Play with the timing, and see how you benefit. If your energy isn't lacking then i really don't see a need for the carbs as long as you get a good low-med. carb/prot meal in 45-60 minutes before your workout. fruit can help with energy if you eat it right before. Vendetta is also something to look into.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I would use just an amino drink on the days you plan on doing cardio. Play with the timing, and see how you benefit. If your energy isn't lacking then i really don't see a need for the carbs as long as you get a good low-med. carb/prot meal in 45-60 minutes before your workout. fruit can help with energy if you eat it right before. Vendetta is also something to look into.
Yeah this is what i'm going to have to do. It works out though b/c i don't like doing cardio on days i work bigger bodyparts like back, and legs anyway. So i'm gonna take an amino drink (ice for now) everyday, and add gatorade to my chest, back, and leg workouts. Then on days I work smaller bodyparts like arms and shoulders i'll just use ice and then do cardio after. Actually works out well.

One more bump on the effects of JUST an amino drink on cardio immediately following a workout.

Thanks for the replys.