GATORADE?

iwinulose2981

Awards
is it better to drink gatorade while training or water? i know gatorade puts the lost sodium back in your system but it also puts alot of sugar. i drink about 80 oz of water a day but during training and during meals water just bores me so i switch to gatorade. is this ok?

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
sure. The high GI carbs from the sugar will also help to fuel your workout, and even spike your insulin for your post WO protein shake :).

merllin_2000

Awards
You can also try crystal light or the the generic version kroger makes that i think is the same. no sugar and only 5 calories per serving. :)

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
gatorade was designed to replace fluids, electrolytes and sugars during workouts. it does a good job of that. if you want, you can dilute it 50%, which obviously gives you 1/2 the caloric density

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
gatorade was designed to replace fluids, electrolytes and sugars during workouts. it does a good job of that. if you want, you can dilute it 50%, which obviously gives you 1/2 the caloric density
I tried having a peach juice diluted 50% with water. The sugar taste disgusted me. Plain water all the time for me. Maybe a sip of gatorade AFTER workout before getting home and having the protein shake.

gnat1000

Awards
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm guessing that gatorade or powerade would not be good sources of water throughout the day right? I should just save the powerade for during and after workouts right?

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm guessing that gatorade or powerade would not be good sources of water throughout the day right? I should just save the powerade for during and after workouts right?
doesn't powerade have high fructose corn syrup in it?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's better to have a couple gatorades vs. having a couple beers or sodas but I wouldn't use it as a water replacement drink.

gnat1000

Awards
but is it still good for use during workouts or would water be better?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would find a better product than both actually. Water is fine and gatorade is fine...Diluted gatorade is cool too. Really depends on your preference unless you're such a finely tuned athelete that you need to make all minor tweeks.

gnat1000

Awards
lol i dont know enough to be able to tweek anything

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should look into some workout formulas if you have the money to spend. There are some great products out there

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've personally tried the Xtend and the Excell. The other two have good feedback.