vegetables or not?

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
currently on my 3rd week of cutting, down 10lbs, i have not been

eating alot of veggies, but i have been drinking about a 3quarts of green tea daily.

would adding vegetables speed up the weightloss or am i getting enough anti-oxidants from the

green-tea?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Add vegetables, you need the fiber and nutrients. Add a cup or 2 of broccolli a day and you should be fine.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I like the Organic Salads (in those boxes), just dump some salad dressing on it and it's a decent source of 'good' fats.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Add vegetables, you need the fiber and nutrients. Add a cup or 2 of broccolli a day and you should be fine.
Agreed, broccoli is a key compenent of a cutting diet.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
outta curiosity, what makes broccoli so different and unique in a cutting diet? are there not other sources for the same ingredients?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Asparagus is about as close to broccoli as you can get. I know its packed witih protein, fiber, and low carbs, plus full of nutrients and anti-oxidants. Thats all I really know about it.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Asparagus is about as close to broccoli as you can get. I know its packed witih protein, fiber, and low carbs, plus full of nutrients and anti-oxidants. Thats all I really know about it.
Asparagi are full of iron. I dont digest em very well. Broccoli have a lot of anti-oxidants... Do a search, I dont remember why they are so good, but they are ;)

Anyway u need some fibers every day wheather u are cutting or bulking.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Broccoli is better cooked or not cooked?
or doesn't really matter...?

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Broccoli is better cooked or not cooked?
or doesn't really matter...?
Uhm I never heard of them raw. Boiled should be fine. As most vegetables, u can make a mix of broccoli, carrots and red potatos with just a few oil and salt.
I like a LOT of salt on broccoli.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
steamed broccoli is the bomb, its pretty good with no salt imo, but marinated chicken (Olive Oil % Vinegar) + broccoli + yams or maybe throw in some black eyed peas = my fav meal. Can't skimp on those veggies.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Asparagi are full of iron. I dont digest em very well. Broccoli have a lot of anti-oxidants... Do a search, I dont remember why they are so good, but they are ;)

Anyway u need some fibers every day wheather u are cutting or bulking.
fiber and anti-oxidants can be found elsewhere. basically, what i'm getting at is that i've noticed more fat loss once i traded out broccoli for various beans. the fiber content is higher.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
deoudes59 to answer your question about being cooked or uncooked: when you cook the broccoli it breaks it down allowing you to injest more than if you were eating raw brocoli.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I would think that would apply to all foods, but I heard cooked eggs are the same as raw eggs (no protein loss).

I'm keeping it raw though. :thumbsup:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
fiber and anti-oxidants can be found elsewhere. basically, what i'm getting at is that i've noticed more fat loss once i traded out broccoli for various beans. the fiber content is higher.
Word to the legumes. Extra lean turkey chili (loaded with beans) is a staple of my diet.

There are some broccoli nazis out there, I'd like to hear the rational behind it myself. I think it tastes kinda ass...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
My broccoli seems to taste like Low Fat Ranch Dressing!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Word to the legumes. Extra lean turkey chili (loaded with beans) is a staple of my diet.

There are some broccoli nazis out there, I'd like to hear the rational behind it myself. I think it tastes kinda ass...
broccoli nazis :rofl:

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
outta curiosity, what makes broccoli so different and unique in a cutting diet? are there not other sources for the same ingredients?
Its has a superb nutritional profile containing many vits/mins etc but aside from that it also contains Indole 3 a potent cancer fighter and i believe it also has some anti estrogenic qualities...

Lots of info on broccoli here: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=9