Twin Peak a few questions

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I looked over your carb cycling diet plan and it seemed to be what I am looking for. I am a edno/meso that is going to be seriously cutting in the next few weeks. And I have a few questions.

First, would there be a reason for you not to take Glucophase XR during the high carb days? Are the high carb days simply to cut down on the cravings? Or is an insulin spike needed on this diet?
Second is that twice a week (wed and thurs and at night) I work in a high volume restaurant. And it would be impossible for me to eat any carbs those nights. The protein should be no problem because I will just mix up some protein powder. But how could i over come this? And would a meal replacment bar be an option?

If these questions seem "dumb" then forgive me. I only read over your diet once and I need to go over sections of it again. But these seemed to me to be the most pressing questions. Thanks TP.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Post this over at avant. He doesn't come here very often, and when he does it's due to IBE oratropin.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Good idea. I was thinking about doing that. Thanks Sticks.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Post this over at avant. He doesn't come here very often, and when he does it's due to IBE oratropin.
Are you kidding me? Maybe you are thinking of Loki?

I have barely even skimmed the oratropin thread, and I post on this forum practically every day. Ah wel....

1) No, I am not looking for an insulin spike per se, on the high carb days. That said, I am not too sure that taking GXR on your high carb days is ideal. Its one of those things that I think needs some experiementing with. I would certainly recommend GXR on the other two days.

2) You do not have to eat carbs at night on the High and Low days. Actually, I'd prefer you did not, but I leave it as an option for simplicity sake.

3) I am not sure what you mean by Wed/Thur night. You can set up your cycle by the week, or a three or four day cycle, but either way, you should not be having back to back high carb days. Or am I misunderstanding your question?

4) You can add ground up oat powder to your shakes, but I would steer clear from bars.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established

I have barely even skimmed the oratropin thread, and I post on this forum practically every day. Ah wel....

1) No, I am not looking for an i...nsulin spike per se, on the high carb days. That said, I am not too sure that taking GXR on your high carb days is ideal. Its one of those things that I think needs some experiementing with. I would certainly recommend GXR on the other two days.

2) You do not have to eat carbs at night on the High and Low days. Actually, I'd prefer you did not, but I leave it as an option for simplicity sake.

3) I am not sure what you mean by Wed/Thur night. You can set up your cycle by the week, or a three or four day cycle, but either way, you should not be having back to back high carb days. Or am I misunderstanding your question?

4) You can add ground up oat powder to your shakes, but I would steer clear from bars.
Yeah i must have been thinking of him. To be honest I just haven't seen you around here much, but by your post count you obviously have been.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Fair enough. And I would say 98% of my posts have been in the past ~3 months.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Fair enough. And I would say 98% of my posts have been in the past ~3 months.
Hey what do I know. Has the third installment of your carb cycling diet come out yet? I'm interested in giving it a try.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Third?

It was a two part, and then I did a follow up Q&A (months ago). My training program was three parts, and all have been published.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Oh ok. I just read through them at nurtaplanet a couple of days ago, and for some reason i thought there was a third part coming.

Are you using the diet yourself? I'm really interested in giving it a try.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh, at one point I thought about doing a third part, which would have merely been a more scientific explanation of the program (i.e. why carb cycling is optimal, why I recommend you eat fruit, etc.) but I lost interest, and there was not enough interest by others.

I do it on and off. Whenever I diet, I follow the plan, and I have used it very successfully on a number of occassions, including for two shows.

Personally, I find any diet difficult to stick to long term, so I always have relapses of fatness.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established

1) No, I am not looking for an insulin spike per se, on the high carb days. That said, I am not too sure that taking GXR on your high carb days is ideal. Its one of those things that I think needs some experiementing with. I would certainly recommend GXR on the other two days.

OK bars are out. And for the Wed-Thurs night thing I had read your chart wrong. The one I should have used is 1-3-3 for fat loss. So using that it would be say Mon-High, Tue-Low, Wed-Low, Thurs-Low, Fri-No, Sat-No, and Sun-No. Or something like this right?

Oat powder? They make an Oat powder... Where would I find this? And thanks TP.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am not sure who carries oat powder now. Black Star Labs did, they may still. Or you can grind your own.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
OK bars are out. And for the Wed-Thurs night thing I had read your chart wrong. The one I should have used is 1-3-3 for fat loss. So using that it would be say Mon-High, Tue-Low, Wed-Low, Thurs-Low, Fri-No, Sat-No, and Sun-No. Or something like this right?

Oat powder? They make an Oat powder... Where would I find this? And thanks TP.
I don't think you're supposed to put no carbs days back to back. Especially not 3 days in a row.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, just saw that. You want to break that up.

darius

Following Carb Cycling for 2 months, with all factors at optimum (diet, training, rest, etc.), whats the estimate fat loss range in lbs?

Kinda a **** question, but just wondering based on others experiences with carb cycling.

Andrew69

Board Supporter
Awards
Is anyone following TP's Carb cycling diet right now?
I'm just getting my menu in order to start in a few weeks.
Working out the no carb meals was a bit of a challenge for me due to time/work restraints and a rather selective palate :(
Also gives me time to finish off my WPC and get some WPI instead :)

brogers

Awards
  • Established
I am currently using TP's carb cycling plan an EC stack, also going to add in CLA in a week. I am not using a "weekly split" but will simply be doing low, no, high, repeat. thus it is a 3 day "cycle' that just repeats over and over

Been on 5 days, I've lost ~2 lbs but some is water probably.

I don't find the plan hard to follow, other than I don't think I get enough carbs in on my low/high days I just don't get that hungry and the protein/veggies fill you up well. Ephedrine also kills my appetite. Strength in workouts is noticiably down. I'm trying to hit my muscles hard, heavy, and quick.

TP, did you have noticiable strength loss in your workouts while using it to cut? I didn't think it would drop down after only 5 days, but it may just be that I have a lot less fuel (food) for my muscles to use.

I weigh 170, what target calories/carb intake do you think I should go for on my high carb days?

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You will want to be in the 300-500 gram range on your high carb days. I am a meso/endo, so I keep strength rather well. When I am doing a Carb Cycle proper, I usually continue to gain strength for the first 6 weeks, or so, then it drops off, steeply.

Have you been dieting before this? How close are you to your set-point?

brogers

Awards
  • Established
Wasn't dieting before this. But honestly I think the problem was the first week I wasn't eating enough carbs and just really drained my muscles, it's tough to get enough GOOD CARBS in college. But I'm gonna really push myself next week to get enough. I was probably eating MAYBE 200G on high carb day last week, so it was my error. I think also that caffeine might be negating some of the effects of CEE (direutic taking some water out of muscles?).

Maybe I'll just use a beer bong and funnel oatmeal down.

This morning I weighed 166, last week I was weighing 171. But I was slightly dehydrated. Strength drop was probably my error in not eating enough carbs, like I said it's tough in school. Gonna make SURE I get enough on high carbs (at least 300) and low carb (170) days. Glad you clarified that, I wouldn't want to eat away at my muscle tissue too much.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
Update, 13 days into it I'm down to 165 (164.5 this morning but i was dehydrated) this is 6 lb weight loss, Strength is holding about steady now. Can't wait for that blasted sub-q fat to melt off in the next 2-3 weeks.

I'm considering adding in Glucophase on high carb days, what do you think?

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice work.

I would use GXR on the low and no carb days.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I'll just use a beer bong and funnel oatmeal down.
...I would have faired considerably better in college had I used the device in this fashion!

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It doesn't bother me, I suppose it would bother some.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think I could handle it personally. Just wondering thanks.

darius

It was so horrible the day I accidentally took 2 GXR's on an empty stomach right before a 2 mile run. I was in a rush cause I wanted to run right before work, so I took one, then forgot I took it (stupid me) in all the rush, and popped another one. Felt like I was gonna pass out on the treadmill.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Twin Peak or someone, can you post link for article? Thanks.