A1C Results Prediabetes

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
My A1C results came back and they were 5.7. While a range of 4.5-6 is normal, 5.7-6 is considered pre-diabetes. This could be a reason why I can't get below 10% body fat since my body may not be processing my insulin right?

Can anyone help on this?

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
He said the results were normal. But thats not what I read on the internet and I believe that my inability to break the 10% body fat wall is due to my insulin insensitivity.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree that your results warrant some changes; be it life style, eating, supplemetation or worst-case, using a mild prophylactic Rx med (like Glucophage/Metformin) if things get progress or do not improve (but these come with their own problematic issues).

I also agree that being even mildly insulin-resistant can thwart fat loss. That said, 10% is extremely lean in the bigger scheme of things so adopting and maintianing a rationale perspective when addressing this would be prodent.

EBF is pretty much the authority around here on all things insulin related/glucose intolerance issues. Hit him up or post this query in the EBF Formulations section. There are a myriad of sensible supplementing strategies available to you OTC so I'd utilize these in advance of medicating.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
I agree that your results warrant some changes; be it life style, eating, supplemetation or worst-case, using a mild prophylactic Rx med (like Glucophage/Metformin) if things get progress or do not improve (but these come with their own problematic issues).

I also agree that being even mildly insulin-resistant can thwart fat loss. That said, 10% is extremely lean in the bigger scheme of things so adopting and maintianing a rationale perspective when addressing this would be prodent.

EBF is pretty much the authority around here on all things insulin related/glucose intolerance issues. Hit him up or post this query in the EBF Formulations section. There are a myriad of sensible supplementing strategies available to you OTC so I'd utilize these in advance of medicating.
Thank you!! And yes I know that 10% is not the end of the world (I'm actually 11.6% right now) but when you have tried everything and really tried your earnest and see others so effortlessly attaining their goals, you get angry. I'm not asking to become 4-5% body fat, I dont want to compete. I just want to get down to 8.5% which is not a ridiculous goal.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck man. Hit EBF up ;)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't find him.
He goes by
EBF_2356 & EBF Inc

You can go to his section/forum under "Supplement Companies", it's called: Enhanced Body Formulations