favorite cheats

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
The thread about cheat meals got me thinking about cheat meals. And since many of us are cutting... What are your guys favs.?
Mine are:
1. McDonalds
2. Fried shrimp Poeboy, with spice fries and a Purple Haze beer
3. Palisades pizza
4. Taco flavored doritos (since you can't find them east of Chi-town, I have to go with the newer twistos taco flavor)
5. Coke. "Stuff of the Gods"

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
McDonalds..lol. I used to like it before I seriously got into lifting and getting into shape. Now I dont even want to go near that place. For me its pizza hands down. Once I start I cant stop until i eat the whole damn thing. A pizza buffet is suicide for my cut diet.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
last night for my cheat i had a huge chicken burrito loaded with sour cream and 2 slices of pizza ... i was literally in heaven

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
For me its pizza hands down. Once I start I cant stop until i eat the whole damn thing. A pizza buffet is suicide for my cut diet.
this is the reason I dont pizza any more, I don't care how big it is, I'm gonna eat whole damn thing. Last night I had mashroom swiss burgers, two of 'em, please. Hmm, good.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
MMMMM PIZZA...Anyone ever try pizza from the California Pizza Kitchen? The best.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pizza, BBQ (hey I live in Texas) and all you can eat asian food, mmmmm.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to go to the Chinese buffet. Or if I go to a good restaurant, I like Peeking Duck!. Not sure if I spelled it correctly. But I love peeking duck!. I also haven't made pizza in a while but I make my own. Everything fresh from scratch nothing pre-made. Its pretty good. I use my own pizza stone and it came with its own peel. I guess going to school for culinary arts did help in some ways. I hardly ever make detail receipes anymore though, because it would be a pain in the ass to figure out all the calories and macronutriets for each recipe. Nowadays I usually make everything plain, plain meat, plain everything. Also when spring comes around I know the best places to get the best tasting lobstah rolls!. Man they are good, not too much mayo though, that just ruins it.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
subway, or a huge plate of pasta w/about marinara topped w/chicken breasts or lean ground beef. I know it's boring but i love it.

Pizza is also a good one, but i feel like a blimp for 5 hours after i eat it.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Man 55 veiws and we are the only guys who cheat on or diets..lol

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I am on Bobo's diet now and I am gonna try my hardest not to cheat the entire 8 weeks. Anyway my list includes... McDonald's, Chinese Buffet, Cheesecake, and non-restaurant pizza. Gotta be the good stuff from the pizza oven !! :D Last night I sat with my girlfend while she ate mcdonalds, in mcdonalds eating my chicken and brown rice. I was in the middle of hell with a water pistol it felt like lol. But I survived and only had a bite of her cheeseburger. :D

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
Mmmmm PIZZA!!!! It's got to be Pizzeria pizza and not Pizza Hut or dominos or papa johns kinda pizza. Pizzeria pizza is my weakness along with Chocolate chip cookies but my strength in being able to not tempt myself with them is getting pretty good. But reading and posting this has just stirred up a craving. THANKS A LOT!!!:nono: :)

RMT

iwinulose2980

Awards
i live in chicago so i would either go with a stuffed pizza, a huge beef sandwich with mozzerella and hot peppers, bag full of hot dogs, or a huge meatball sub. all with cheese fries and a large root beer

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
New York Pizza is the best. I live in Maine though, so its not like they deliver. If I went to new york though, I would definitely get some pizza. Pizza in this state sucks ass, thats why I started making my own. No dominos, pizza hut crap for me. Its just crap!. You can't go wrong in the spring though here if you know where to get a good lobstah roll!. I'm not from here but thats how most of the idiots up here talk. They can't pronounce there R's, just like people from boston, and they are in love with boston and the boston red sox. I'm an oddball up here though but thats ok.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
MMM cheesecake...The wife makes a killer chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake... :frustrate ..Pizza Hut's new triple pepperoni pizza looks pretty damn good too...

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
used to be all the usuals, pizza, junk food ice cream etc... lately a bit of scotch is all i need

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yesterda'ys cheat:

8am - plate full of pasta and 2 veal cutlets
10am - out for breakfast... hungryman special (5 eggs, 2 pancakes, 3 piece pemeal, two slices toast, and home fries)
10:30 - slice of pizza and a hotdog (was at Costco :D)
12-2 - train
2 - protein shake
2:30 - two large chocolate cupcakes
3:30 - 20 or so chicken nuggets and a large pizza from Costco
7pm - plate of pasta, slize of lasgna, 4 veal cutlets and two pieces of garlic bread

Hot damn this was goooooooooooood :)

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Pizza, Fried Chicken (Bojangles) or McDonalds.

No matter which, if you stay on your diet and only partake once in a while,

IT TASTES LIKE GOD MADE IT!

For me that's like once every six months. Hey! I'm an old fart. I have to diet extra strict.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
yesterda'ys cheat:

8am - plate full of pasta and 2 veal cutlets
10am - out for breakfast... hungryman special (5 eggs, 2 pancakes, 3 piece pemeal, two slices toast, and home fries)
10:30 - slice of pizza and a hotdog (was at Costco :D)
12-2 - train
2 - protein shake
2:30 - two large chocolate cupcakes
3:30 - 20 or so chicken nuggets and a large pizza from Costco
7pm - plate of pasta, slize of lasgna, 4 veal cutlets and two pieces of garlic bread

Hot damn this was goooooooooooood :)
That is insane man. If i ate like that for a day i would be sick for a week. The sad thing is I used to eat like that every day.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is insane man. If i ate like that for a day i would be sick for a week. The sad thing is I used to eat like that every day.
dude, it was like pure heaven. I fear, however, they'll be coming to an end in the next week or two. At least, to that extent lol.

But I savour it like a kid ina candy shop. I don't feel sick at all. Monday's are a little rough as I am still in my carb induced coma state :D

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
used to be all the usuals, pizza, junk food ice cream etc... lately a bit of scotch is all i need
What kind of scotch? I like Johnny Walker Blue. Smooth as silk. Expensive as hell though, going rate is about $200 a bottle.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
johnny blue is insanely delicious .. also insanely expensive .. the gold is very good as well and that runs about 60 bucks

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
The last time I drank (and I mean the last time), I drank Johnny Walker Gold. I have never been so hammered in my life. I threw up several times and I was hungover the entire next day. Bad, bad,...bad memories.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
subway, or a huge plate of pasta w/about marinara topped w/chicken breasts or lean ground beef. I know it's boring but i love it.

Pizza is also a good one, but i feel like a blimp for 5 hours after i eat it.
pasta with chicken or lean reds are my good meals. my cheat meals is a high amount of protein bars. Not the best for you but about one a week, ill pound 5 of them a day.
Sage

TravTriggz

Awards
ALOT OF ICECREAM AND COOKIES about an hour before bed HAhAHAHHAHAHA

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
What are your guys favs.?
I try to "cheat" as healthy as possible :)

I love pizza, but I can't take the guilt, so I make my own out of fresh tomatoes, fat free cheese, and bagels. Add some basil, garlic, oregano and you're in heaven! Of course, on a CKD this only happens on carb-up...

If I were really going to cheat, I'd have to say pizza from Sicilia's Pizza in Boston. The fact that I now live in Austin makes this a little hard, though...

-kwantam

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm getting some Ta Ching Chicken and fried dumplings today!. Anybody see Sly Stallone on Jay leno last week I think it was. He says he always includes a cheat day, and he goes nuts!, He said chocolate cup cakes, cookies, everything you name it!. You have to have a cheat day anyway to increase leptin levels...Especially while dieting.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I love pizza, but I can't take the guilt, so I make my own out of fresh tomatoes, fat free cheese, and bagels. Add some basil, garlic, oregano and you're in heaven! Of course, on a CKD this only happens on carb-up...

If I were really going to cheat, I'd have to say pizza from Sicilia's Pizza in Boston. The fact that I now live in Austin makes this a little hard, though...

-kwantam
Austin has great Tex-mex though, if your into that. Great town, and SXSW starts next week!:drunk:

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
Austin has great Tex-mex though, if your into that. Great town, and SXSW starts next week!:drunk:
Hells yeah. Damn good music 'round these parts.

Tex-mex is a big bold no-no on the CKD, and I'm more or less insane about clean carb-ups, so this is gonna have to wait until I'm back to maintainence...

-kwantam :whip:
(I learned the art of flagellation by going to Catholic school. Now that I've lapsed, I've turned all my talent for self-loathing into an uncanny ability to deny myself food. :p)

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Today its girl scout cookies...I almost have a cheat meal everyday....been putting a scoop of ice cream in my eggwhites before bed.After doing this for quite a while, and not eating so clean I gained more weight, and am close to the leanest I have ever been....go figure.
I remeber an article in the 90's about Shawn Ray...he basically lived on hamburger helper..

Last edited:
BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established

-kwantam
Go eat 6th street pizza, some of the best just like the good stuff up north/east.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
yep, you really can make pretty damn decent healthy versions of bbq, mex, if you put your mind to it. i do alot of lean smoked brisket,turkey, etc or like fajitas on whole wheat tortillas with fresh pico de gallo, mmmm.... i've been throwing jalapenos in my pint o' egg whites every morning, kicks 'em up several notches!

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
My Favorite cheat would have to be either a nice 16oz Ribeye with garlic mashed potatoes or a 'Texas Size' Chicken Fried Steak with cream gravy and mashed potatoes. I could eat those every day, I just wish I didn't have a Saltgrass Steakhouse so close to where I work (within walking distance) because it's waaaaay too tempting.

Couple that with all of the Mexican restaurants down here, it's no surprise that I'm 250 pounds. :D

TheManGuy

Awards
  • Established
Cheesecake, and any tipe of frozen yogurt, italiën icecream etc.

I can eat lots of fat and stay lean, it's carbs that get me. So if I want pizza, then I eat pizza, but I only eat the toppings and leave the base.
This way it's not a cheat meal and I can eat it any time!! I only do it about once a month though.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I once had BBQ nachos at a Memphis Redbirds (Cards' AAA team) from Corky's. I liked it alot, but didn't like the cheez whiz **** they used.

So, I bought a few lbs, transported it home in a coolier. I make my nachos w/ Doritos gold tortilla chips (sometimes a spicy tortilla chip), probably a half lb of the bbq, extra Corky's BBQ sauce, 1 or 2 sliced jalepeno's, and then I shred a few oz. of gouda cheese. I abosutely love gouda. Those nachos are the ****, but I've been staying away from 'em for a while. Gotta order some more BBQ from Corky's. (I used to be able to get it from the local grocery store where I used to live.)

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1)A double double with fries from In and Out
2) Pizza followed up with several handfuls of chocolate covered almonds.....

darius

Damn.. chocolate covered almonds are the ****.

macaroni and fu*kin' cheese

Homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies without raisens...
Braums brownie fudge sundae's (hell.. anything Braums)
Those chocolate covered mini donuts that come prepackaged
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chinese food is awesome.
Mexican food is a close second
Indian food is tied with Mexican food
American food is 3rd (pizza, hamburgers, chicken tenders/nuggets, steaks)
Italian food is 4th < damn I love beef lasagnia.

..its almost enough to just screw going for the physique and just indulge.

Are two cheat meals a week really that bad?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
1)A double double with fries from In and Out
Dude!!!! You nailed that one. Always at the top of my list. Grilled onions or animal style. Starting to drool now.

markferrara

Awards
Best cheat in my opinion, a jar of natty peanut butter, an @ss load of calories at one time..

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Cheese Pizza
Mexican food... Fajitas mmmmm :thumbsup:

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Damn.. chocolate covered almonds are the ****.

macaroni and fu*kin' cheese

Homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies without raisens...
Braums brownie fudge sundae's (hell.. anything Braums)
Those chocolate covered mini donuts that come prepackaged
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chinese food is awesome.
Mexican food is a close second
Indian food is tied with Mexican food
American food is 3rd (pizza, hamburgers, chicken tenders/nuggets, steaks)
Italian food is 4th < damn I love beef lasagnia.

..its almost enough to just screw going for the physique and just indulge.

Are two cheat meals a week really that bad?

You are a bastard Darius. Posting pictusres of cookies to a guy going through a cut with NO cheats.

Also include Irish Carbombs to my list!

size

Awards
  • Established
Jagermeister or Patron Reposado, it depends on my mood :D

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
Chipoltle :nono:
I 2nd that... Their burritos are great. Too bad a single burrito has 1000 calories!

For me my favorite cheat foods (and drinks) would be beer, margaritas, and thai food.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I remeber an article in the 90's about Shawn Ray...he basically lived on hamburger helper.
Hamburger helper is awesome. Great if you have a family too. Before I recently became strict on my diet, I ate this stuff twice a week.