NEED HELP TRAINING GIRLFRIEND

HELLHAMMER

Awards
THIS MAY SOUND RETARDED TO YOU GUYS BUT I NEED TO FIND A WORKOUT PROGRAM FOR HER THAT WOULD BE MORE EFFECTIVE FOR LOSING WEIGHT AND TONING UP. SHE HAS NEVER WORKED OUT HER UPPER BODY BEFORE NOW AND SHE SAYS THAT MY WOROUTS ARE TO HARD AND SHE DOESNT WANT TO GET HURT OR SOME CRAP LIKE THAT... IF YOU GUYS COULD HELP IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I find nothing wrong with an abbreviated version of what us guys do is fine for most females except maybe with a few adjustments. Remember, most females couldn't give a **** about having huge arms or having the best capped delts. If she is new to working out have her doing just a small amount of exercises as well as a small amount of sets as she will respond to almost any training and you do not want her to burn out so quickly. Have her do short sessions of weight training 3-4 times a week with a better emphasis on cardio. Have her do cardio first thing in the morning or right after her weight sessions. The amount of cardio and type is up to you and her. Hope I helped and hopefully some of the PT and Nutritionists like BOBO or Lean One can help better. My advice is just a guideline to adjust as you see fit. Good luck bro!

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
every female client i've ever trained wanted to 'tone-up and lose weight'. I still say its easier to lose weight then bulk up... right brotherens?
keep her workout up-tempo, always keeping her heart rate up. Supersets, high volume(more so the repititions) and cutting down her rest duration should be key components of her workout. If difficulty of the exercises is her concern, keep the workouts short at first, building her stamina up.
Sage

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I find nothing wrong with an abbreviated version of what us guys do is fine for most females except maybe with a few adjustments. Remember, most females couldn't give a **** about having huge arms or having the best capped delts. If she is new to working out have her doing just a small amount of exercises as well as a small amount of sets as she will respond to almost any training and you do not want her to burn out so quickly. Have her do short sessions of weight training 3-4 times a week with a better emphasis on cardio. Have her do cardio first thing in the morning or right after her weight sessions. The amount of cardio and type is up to you and her. Hope I helped and hopefully some of the PT and Nutritionists like BOBO or Lean One can help better. My advice is just a guideline to adjust as you see fit. Good luck bro!
Maniak, you're on the ball today. ;) :goodpost:

Basicly what he said. I would stick with the basic compound movements. Squat or leg press, Lat pull downs, dips on a weight assist machine, rows, chest press, shoulder press. That will cover all the maijor muscle groups. 2 to 3 sets 8 to 12 reps TO FAILURE. Twice a week is plent y of volume too for general fitness.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Woman respond differently because of their hormonal profile. Their diets are much more important than the actual exercises performed. I find the best results come from high reps in the 10-14 range while going at a moderate tempo. I would not go to failure at all because a woman's CNS is much more susceptible to overtraining then a man's. It just isn't necessary.

Women also respond better to mod-high intesnity training then men but it works best when they have several low cardio sessions with maybe one high intensity per week. Women tend to have more stubborn fat than men and increased blood flow to those areas can help. With men its not really necessary but women's fat deposits often are much more stubborn then men's.

merllin_2000

Awards
My wife love's the "Body For Life" book and workouts, and has had great success and has really stuck with it. Surprise Surprise Surprise

HELLHAMMER

Awards
THANKS GUYS THATS A LOT OF HELP....EVEN THOUGH NOW SHE THINKS SHE WANTS TO TONE UP AND GROW SOME GUNS....GO FIGURE!

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Evry single female I ever worked with that was afraid of muscle wanted more of it once they got it.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Evry single female I ever worked with that was afraid of muscle wanted more of it once they got it.
Its so true. My wife was scared to death of getting "big and manly muscles" from lifting weights. Funny how the first thing she did when she grew some biceps was flex and say, "Honey, look at my muscles!"

TravTriggz

Awards
we should all just have our women do cardio everyday, and do heavy squats twice a week.

FLAT GUT FAT BUT :)))))))

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
we should all just have our women do cardio everyday, and do heavy squats twice a week.

FLAT GUT FAT BUT :)))))))
Bump :D

I convinced my g/f to do squats...but she only does them w/o weight againt the wall usig her swiss ball. LOL. I can't get her to workout for more than 2 weeks per year! LOL. But, I guess at 110lbs w/ a 23" waist it's hard to be motivated, eh? (atleast that's what she tells me...)

TravTriggz

Awards
the wider ur feet are the harder it hits the ass, and squats without weights are great if u do enuff :))))