is this a bulking diet or a shredding diet?

iwinulose2980

Awards
first off im 5'11 213 i currently gained about 40lbs in the last year thanks to quitting smoking but before that i was a serious hard gainer.now im looking to just cut the fat and gain the muscle but stay about the same weight. does this diet reflect the goals im trying to achieve?

10am 8 egg whites 2 pieces of wheat toast

12pm 1 orange and a cup of cottage cheese 1% milk fat

2pm 2 packages of seasoned tuna on wheat toast

4pm 2 chicken breasts cup of brown rice cup of green beans

6pm protein shake and another orange

8pm either 2 stripsteaks,2chicken breasts,or 2 salmon fillets with a cup of veggies and a cup of rice

10pm 2 packages of tuna

i lift 3 days a week and do cardio 30min 5 days a week

supplements -im currently taking just phosphagen and the protein shakes.

any comments or tips would be greatly appreciated thank you

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
looks like you can cut on that ... i would throw in some flaxseed oil to get some EFA in there because at the moment you have almost no fat ... why white toast in the morning?

iwinulose2980

Awards
i screwed up i ment to say wheat toast. where can i get flax at? do i just throw it in my shakes? if so about how much

thanks for the reply

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I thinks that is more of a lean bulk. Depends on your body type. Drop the white toast and put in a bowl of oatmeal, and up your good fats.

iwinulose2980

Awards
as for my body type i was basically a skinny kid very lean when i was smoking but when i quit all this fat just came out of nowhere.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just my general observation; correlate your meal plan into actual data (macronutrients) rather than a menu. I always use an excel spread sheet when planning my diet. I input the values first and then select the food choices to meet my values. I am a minimalist and eat for nutritional purposes rather than pleasure so my menu is not for everyone.

If you are looking to loose weight than eat at about 10-12x BW (depending on metabolism), with protein at least 1g/lb BW, fat at about 20% calories (I go with 20% because I eat a lot of EFA) and the balance from low GI CHO. Depending on your response to CHO you can raise the protein and reduce the carbs. Eat a majority of your carbs around your workouts.

Ultimately your need a caloric number (in addition to a nice menu) to go with your BW weight so you have values to adjust to reach your goals.

JMO...good luck

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
then if your take my suggestions, I think you will be fine