Body fat estimate?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Body fat estimate?

Looking for a rough estimate to see where I'm at currently after 6 weeks on halo and a jump in weight from 160lbs to 172lbs..

Name:  image-531392092.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  225.7 KB

2. Registered User

Sub-Q Water ways makes this tough to know for sure but I's say between 11.5 -13%.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Sub-Q Water ways makes this tough to know for sure but I's say between 11.5 -13%.
    thanks man, was at 18% 2 months ago so that's good to hear.. Any tips on reducing water retention? I know low sodium helps and just started 2 pumps e.d. Of formeron. I'm sure creatine makes it worse right?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  170 lbs.

I'd say your at about 12-13%. Drink 1-2 gallons of water a day and keep the sodium intake lower to get rid of the majority of water weight.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.

Ya I agree around the 12% range give or take a few percentage points.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by K561r View Post
    thanks man, was at 18% 2 months ago so that's good to hear.. Any tips on reducing water retention? I know low sodium helps and just started 2 pumps e.d. Of formeron. I'm sure creatine makes it worse right?
    creatine has nothing to do with this.
    *** iForce Nutrition Anabolic Minion Member ***
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Ok thanks guys, Im going to get in the "BodPod" at my gym at 3:00 today so I should have a definite answer.

Interested to see the exact number and I will let yall know my results.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    creatine has nothing to do with this.
    Really? I always thought it made a difference.

I was under the impression that creatine increased water retention and sometimes caused bloating.

I guess you learn something new every day on AM forums haha.
  9. Registered User

I'm not sure why people think creatine itself causes bloating. It causes intracellular hydration and glycogen uptake, which fills the muscles out in a similar and perhaps less pronounced way that steroids do.

If creatine powder is causing extracellular bloat, its due to something else being mixed with the creatine.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

I'm not sure why people think creatine itself causes bloating. It causes intracellular hydration and glycogen uptake, which fills the muscles out in a similar and perhaps less pronounced way that steroids do. If creatine powder is causing extracellular bloat, its due to something else being mixed with the creatine.
    true. Well I'm pretty bummed, bodpod today said I'm at 18.7%....At least I dropped 5lbs of body fat and gained 7lbs of lean muscle since January.

What would you say is the best way to drop some body fat without losing muscle... I want to incorporate cardio without losing gains (and I'm currently 1 week into PCT).

Should I just keep eating the same amount of calories, lift the same and add 20-30 min of HIIT cardio 3x/week after training?

I really don't want to lose any strength but could lose some lower belly/lower back body fat. It would be awesome to be down to 12-10%...

Any advice is appreciated.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

true. Well I'm pretty bummed, bodpod today said I'm at 18.7%....At least I dropped 5lbs of body fat and gained 7lbs of lean muscle since January. What would you say is the best way to drop some body fat without losing muscle... I want to incorporate cardio without losing gains (and I'm currently 1 week into PCT). Should I just keep eating the same amount of calories, lift the same and add 20-30 min of HIIT cardio 3x/week after training? I really don't want to lose any strength but could lose some lower belly/lower back body fat. It would be awesome to be down to 12-10%... Any advice is appreciated.
    Done be bummed almost everyone guesses their BF is lower than it actually is
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.

true. Well I'm pretty bummed, bodpod today said I'm at 18.7%....At least I dropped 5lbs of body fat and gained 7lbs of lean muscle since January. What would you say is the best way to drop some body fat without losing muscle... I want to incorporate cardio without losing gains (and I'm currently 1 week into PCT). Should I just keep eating the same amount of calories, lift the same and add 20-30 min of HIIT cardio 3x/week after training? I really don't want to lose any strength but could lose some lower belly/lower back body fat. It would be awesome to be down to 12-10%... Any advice is appreciated.
    DO NOT START CUTTING IN PCT! Just keep eating how you were eating when you were "on"!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    DO NOT START CUTTING IN PCT! Just keep eating how you were eating when you were "on"!
    haha yes I've heard never to cut in PCT.. I was definitely not going to reduce caloric intake.. Yet..

But would it hurt my gains to start doing 20 min of HIIT cardio after lifting a couple days a week?

If not, when is it advisable (how long after PCT) to begin to maybe have a few days per week where I maybe have a caloric deficit and focus on cardio?
  14. Registered User

haha yes I've heard never to cut in PCT.. I was definitely not going to reduce caloric intake.. Yet..

But would it hurt my gains to start doing 20 min of HIIT cardio after lifting a couple days a week?

If not, when is it advisable (how long after PCT) to begin to maybe have a few days per week where I maybe have a caloric deficit and focus on cardio?
    Its hard to cut without losing muscle unless u take some sort of PED. I actually recommend it. But, if I were trying to lose fat I wouldnt start with cardio, although it aint a bad idea.

I'd take peptides like GHRP/GHRH and a fat burner that doesnt effect appetite negatively like Albuterol.

HIIT cardio EARLY AM fasted. Drink only BCAA's or something similar for another hour or two afterwards then start munching around mid morning. Get at least 10g EAA's (essential amino acids) every 3 hrs or so.

Start this way, do it for two weeks. Sprints early AM for the first two weeks, maybe 4 times per week. Make em count. After a few weeks of doing this, cut carbs in the evening, but not calories. Keep eating lots of food, just eat ur carbs mid morning to mid afternoon (or up to whenever u train) then reduce/avoid carbs after the workout, focusing on protein and healthy fats only.

Sounds counterproductive to mainstream dieting, I know. This is also why it people dont know about its effectiveness. It has worked well for me.
    I've gone from 14% down to about 11% in 6 weeks and I havent done a single bit of cardio yet. I hold cardio out to get peeled. Save the best cards for last.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.

haha yes I've heard never to cut in PCT.. I was definitely not going to reduce caloric intake.. Yet.. But would it hurt my gains to start doing 20 min of HIIT cardio after lifting a couple days a week? If not, when is it advisable (how long after PCT) to begin to maybe have a few days per week where I maybe have a caloric deficit and focus on cardio?
    Listen to fueledpassion; he knows his stuff!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Listen to fueledpassion; he knows his stuff!
    yes was hoping he would drop some knowledge in here! Lol
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Its hard to cut without losing muscle unless u take some sort of PED. I actually recommend it. But, if I were trying to lose fat I wouldnt start with cardio, although it aint a bad idea. I'd take peptides like GHRP/GHRH and a fat burner that doesnt effect appetite negatively like Albuterol. HIIT cardio EARLY AM fasted. Drink only BCAA's or something similar for another hour or two afterwards then start munching around mid morning. Get at least 10g EAA's (essential amino acids) every 3 hrs or so. Start this way, do it for two weeks. Sprints early AM for the first two weeks, maybe 4 times per week. Make em count. After a few weeks of doing this, cut carbs in the evening, but not calories. Keep eating lots of food, just eat ur carbs mid morning to mid afternoon (or up to whenever u train) then reduce/avoid carbs after the workout, focusing on protein and healthy fats only. Sounds counterproductive to mainstream dieting, I know. This is also why it people dont know about its effectiveness. It has worked well for me. I've gone from 14% down to about 11% in 6 weeks and I havent done a single bit of cardio yet. I hold cardio out to get peeled. Save the best cards for last.
    thank you!! Exactly what I was looking for, advice from someone with experience doing gnarly cuts while maintaining muscle. Thanks x10000 bro!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

Sounds like Dats CPWO protocol. Carb less post work out...
  19. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sam805 View Post
    Sounds like Dats CPWO protocol. Carb less post work out...
    The CPWO part is but the rest not necessarily.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

fueled would you be so kind to post one of your sprinting routines? And maybe a routine for a beginner to intermediate(sprinter) not a beginner lifter...
  21. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sam805 View Post
    fueled would you be so kind to post one of your sprinting routines? And maybe a routine for a beginner to intermediate(sprinter) not a beginner lifter...
    Basically a modified Tabata method. Instead of 20 seconds sprinting 10 seconds rest, a one to one ratio is better, start by doing 5 intervals of this the first week. Bump to 7 the second week. And so on and so forth. Or u can add time to ur sprint or take away time on ur rest, any combo will keep the body guessing.

So:

Sprint 15 seonds
    Walk 15 seconds
    Repeat 5 times, do this several mornings per wk

Week two:
    Same as week one but 7 intervals

Week three:
    20 second sprints
    20 second walk
    5 times

Week four:
    Same as week three but 7 intervals