Diet change: no more milk but raw eggs

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I've decided to stop drinking milk and start consuming raw eggs. :rofl:
Serisously though. I think I need (many probably do in fact) to be more intuitive in my training and diet. I'm giving up milk because I think that somehow, it actually slows me down. Just a gut feeling. I'm also adding raw eggs because I have a good feeling about them. No no, let me: :icon_lol:
Bacially, it goes like this: no longer will I drink the half gallon of milk a day that I usually do. I will still have whey protein, but probably no other dairy. I will also be eating at least 2 raw eggs everyday. This should prove interesting and I'll let you all know if performance does in fact improve once th milk is gone. As for the eggs, well, you get to find out if I become sick or not.

I think the odds of getting salmonella from eggs is very slim. It's even less of a chance now that I am using the more than twice as expensive Wilcox Free Range eggs. These are true free range. I also wash the shell before I crack the egg.

Let the game begin.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I can tell you what happened when I gave up the 2 quarts of milk a day.

Within 2 days I found I could actually eat the 4800 calories I needed for bulking and NOT feel bloated. I started feeling hunger inbetween meals instead of feeling like a bloated pig. It was FANTASTIC>

Oh yea btw I also started with the raw eggs and now do 2 dozen a day :)

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
If your lactose intolerant, even to a small degree, than definately avoid dairy.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I think it's probable that 100% of people are "lactose intolerant". I don't really mean they they can't tolerate lactose but that term seems to be the umbrella in which milk intolerance is put. I think that the real problem behind our milk is homogenization and pasteurization. I firmly believe that the only reason milk comanies practice this is to make milk last longer on the shelf therefore increase profits by reducing waste. Also so they can use sick cows without having to worry since everything in the milk is eventually cooked to death.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I can tell you what happened when I gave up the 2 quarts of milk a day.

Within 2 days I found I could actually eat the 4800 calories I needed for bulking and NOT feel bloated. I started feeling hunger inbetween meals instead of feeling like a bloated pig. It was FANTASTIC>

Oh yea btw I also started with the raw eggs and now do 2 dozen a day :)
I'm glad I'm not alone in this venture.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I also have slowed down my milk intake. I read about some other members gulping down raw eggs, so I thought I'd give it a try. I typically gulp down a shaker filled with 6 raw eggs, some whey, and some sesathin or flaxseeds. Tastes damn good. Makes me feel like Rocky :thumbsup:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Never had a problem with milk. Good thing, not only is it great, but I'll drink 3 gallons plus a week.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I've never had a problem with milk either. But who knows. I may be better off without it. I'm having my raw eggs right now with vanilla whey, banana, blueberries, natural fruit jam, and some water blended.

One thing I do know is that non-fat milk makes me sick while whole milk does not. However, I feel like I digest non-homogenized whole milk better than regular whole milk. Never had completely raw milk so can't speak for that.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Crowler also got me hooked on raw eggs, now I take them anytime I need a quick fix, especially as part of my breakfast meal. Make sure to grab a bottle of biotin though if you eat over 6+ raw eggs a day. Crowler told me about it too, and after a little research he was actually right lol. Guess once in 100 isnt to shabby :icon_lol: Over 24 ounces of milk a day makes me feel horrible too.

nodgodbod

Awards
do you eat those 6 raw eggs with or without the yolk Crowler?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you don't need to supplement with biotin if you eat the yolks too. Each yolk has like 25 mcg of biotin.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I just downed a couple of eggs to see how it would taste. I mixed some splenda and cinnamon in just in case. Taste wasn't bad at all, but the slimy consistancy made me gag a couple of times.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I just think vanilla shake and let em slide on down lol.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I'm still not used to eating them straight. Just tried one and ended up spitting half of it out. It's all psychological of course sense the taste is almost exactly the same. Anyways, I mixed an egg up with some watermelon protein powder and as I was drinking it, a big slimey gob of egg white slid out and dangled from my lip. I almost lost it there but was able to slurp that baby right up. Damn it's hard after you've been told your whole life that eating raw eggs is disgusting.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Man...you fuckin' guys....I used to do the same thing...then someone scared the **** out of me with the "salmonilla" talk and haven't touched a raw egg since....

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
The odds of a regular "industrial" egg having salmonella is 0.00003%. Those odds go down if you buy true free range eggs. What are the odds of you getting in a car crash? Do you still ride in a car? Besides, salmonella isn't all that bad for healthy people. Mostly, you get the squirts for a while.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Aeternitatis, what brand of non-homogenized milk is available. I haven't seen anything like that in health food stores.

I also feel that free range is better since the birds live much healthier lives.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Aeternitatis, what brand of non-homogenized milk is available. I haven't seen anything like that in health food stores.

I also feel that free range is better since the birds live much healthier lives.
Well, I live in Washington State so it might be different. But here we have Organic Valley Non-homogenized organic milk. There is also a store called Whole Foods that sometimes sells totally raw milk.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Do you actually buy free range eggs?
Yes, Wilcox Cage-Free brown eggs. Twice as expensive as regular eggs, $2.50 per dozen but worth it since I gave up buying milk (I was buying organic milk).

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If the odds of getting salmonella are .00003 then why spend double on free range eggs? Are these the eggs that are fortified with extra omega 3's?

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
The odds of a regular "industrial" egg having salmonella is 0.00003%. Those odds go down if you buy true free range eggs. What are the odds of you getting in a car crash? Do you still ride in a car? Besides, salmonella isn't all that bad for healthy people. Mostly, you get the squirts for a while.
No ****....I honestly didn't know that...will def keep this in mind

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Yes, 2.50 is what I was spending on a half gallon of milk so it's no problem. I pay for the expensive "clean" eggs just to reduce the odds of salmonella infection even more.

merllin_2000

Awards
I love my milk with no chance of getting rid of it, but i am interested in knowing why eat the raw eggs versus cooking them. What are you gaining by eating them raw. What if you boil eggs are you still losing something in them? Just curious about all of this, but you do have me curious about how they taste. LOL

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I posted an article a couple of weeks ago, about raw eggs and your health. Look in the news section. I really dont do them for health wise, but for speed. It's much easier to crack 6 eggs into a cup, sweeten, stir and down. Thank boil, peel, season, eat.

News article: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24442

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Cooking the egg increases bioavailability.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Cooking the egg increases bioavailability.
Yes, that's the interesting paradox with most food preparation. Cooking food makes it easier to digest but it also kills off vital enzymes and vitamins as well as denatures the protein.
For me, the choice for eating eggs raw was not based on any science, it came upon me like an epiphony. So, I went with it choosing to trust my instincts instead of what's accepted by the mainstream. Also, eating eggs raw is very convenient.

Actually, since I've been eating raw eggs and no milk, I feel like my digestion is cleaner or more efficient. When I would eat cooked eggs I would always get gas and in some cases feel nauseous. Not so with raw eggs. Fellas, this may just become a permanent way of life for me

I'm a believer! Praise Him!! :box:

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I have about a cup of milk a day with my cereal, and about 13 raw eggs a day. I love it, and even miss that sweet vanilla taste sometimes if I have them cooked :lol:

jlothar1

Awards
Blast from the past?

Still doing the raw eggs? If so how are the results?

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
I will be starting my rocky experiment tomorow after reading both these relevant threads.and it will be the pricier healthier omega 3 ones that are farm raised.
and to note on milk.that stuff is the white devil imo and should not be ingested by humans.some ppl can tolerate it well i know that.but as a whole...nope.even if your not feeling particularly bad on it try ditching it for a few weeks or even a few days and see how u feel.leaps and bound better i would imagine
i am curious about raw straight milk not messed with in any way by humans.that may be a totally different story.