20/20 10 myths of health and diet

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Myth No. 10: Eating Late at Night Makes You Fat

Four out of 10 Americans work evenings, nights or on shifts, and that means a lot of us are eating later. But won't eating late-night meals pack on extra pounds because we can't burn off the calories when we sleep?

"That is a myth," said dietitian Erica Blacksburg. "Eating late at night won't make you fat unless you go over your calorie load for that day."

But beware. People can gain weight eating late at night depending on what they eat. "A lot of people save their treats for the end of the day," said Blacksburg. "They feel like they deserve something special … They'll have ice cream, they'll have chips."

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/2020/story?id=512095&page=1

CROWLER

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
my favorite is the one on sleep--it's so stupid how people (like I used to do) didn't sleep a full 8 hours a night and then complained that they aren't seeing results.
DUHHHH MAYBE I AM NOT SLEEPING ENOUGH! i really used to stay up all night for no reason.

but is there such thing as OVERsleeping? cuz sometimes i'll sleep for like 12 hours, sometimes EVEN MORE.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Cable, I totally know what you mean. It sucks for me though, as my job allows me to get no more than 6 hours sleep a night many days. Then factor in insomnia :\

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i can imagine! but I actually gave up a better job (more $) for a suckier one right now because the hours are much better. I'm still young and don't need to worry about jobs that much though, so I might as well take advantage of my opportunity.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I'm seriously considering it now. I have to be at work in 5.5 hours, and I'm just now feeling a tiny bit sleepy. This job has fubared my body clock and has made my insomnia come back full swing.

I'm only 19, so I don't think I need this stress this young. Besides, I'm working with Bobo right now on a cut, and the job is seriously affecting my results.

Damn "golden handcuffs" though. The money can be great. Usually it's above average, rarely is it poor. I made enough money these last 2 days to pay for Bobo's training and get all my supps for the duration of it. Hard to give that up :(

The town I'm in now also has a very inadequit gym.

I can't see myself being here come summer time.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
This semester is perfect for me, in regards to the gym and muscle growth. I dont have a class earlier than 11:00 AM. So I go to bed around 1-1:30 and get up by 9-9:30 get my full 8 hours of sleep, and still have time to prepare everything for the day. It's great. Stupid working world I dont want to go out in it. lol