Cutting weight

Jay6

Awards
Hi guys, I've been lifting for 10+ yrs. on and off trying different things. I've run marathons and competed in strongman. (155lbs marathon weight 195lbs strongman. ) I'm 33 now and I've been lifting hard and heavy for the last 2 yrs straight. I'm 185 at 15% bodyfat and trying to lean down for 2 reasons. I want to see where am at as far a physic and Sumer is around the corner. I've been eating clean, 1700cals a day, training 4 days a week. No cardio yet. The problem is I'm barely budging on scale and mirror. I should also mention I own and run my own construction company, working 10hrs a day minimum. I allow 1 meal a week (Sunday evening, 4 slices of pizza ;-)) I'm really hoping you guys do t tell me the pizza is the problem, I'll go nuts if I can't at least indulge a little. Another big problem is being to informed, sounds odd but I'm a heavy reader. I've read it all, diets, training programs etc...I'm hoping thAt on this blog this site some ppl with actual experience could point out flaws and add benificial information.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long have you been at 1700 calories a day? That's very low.

I would not reduce calories any more what so ever. Slowly add in some cardio. An added twenty minutes of LISS three times a week post workout, or fasted before bed, could be all you need for the scale to move.

Jay6

Awards
I've only been at 1700 for 4 weeks. Down from 2200.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
me also! i do not know it good or bad for me? I mean is that a positive result? Visit onlinedietandfitness.
Let's try not being a spambot promoting that website.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've only been at 1700 for 4 weeks. Down from 2200.
Well don't go any lower. Could cause some metabolic damage honestly.

Do you have refeeds (besides pizza) scheduled into your current diet?

Jay6

Awards
Every 4 days ill have one meal with rice, potatoes etc...

Jay6

Awards
Also what's are your thoughts on cardio ? 2wice a week. LISS or HIIT?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also what's are your thoughts on cardio ? 2wice a week. LISS or HIIT?
I would do twenty minutes of LISS three times a week.

Starting out throwing an hour if liss in all the time gives you nowhere to go at some point.

What's your current macro breakdown?

On the refeeds. How many extra calories/carbs are you taking in? Im guessing all the extra calories come from the carbs.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been at 1700 calories a day? That's very low.I would not reduce calories any more what so ever. Slowly add in some cardio. An added twenty minutes of LISS three times a week post workout, or fasted before bed, could be all you need for the scale to move.
^ agreed! thats some low calories for your stats. especially with your construction job on top of your workouts. You should consider reverse dieting for a while. If i recall correctly Layne Norton has a youtube video on metabolic damage and reverse dieting you should watch. Best of luck to you.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
1700 would drive me crazy

Jay6

Awards
50/30/20

And no on re feeds I eat more protein as well.

Jay6

Awards
I would have driven me nuts before, do t ask me why but I've got tons of every to get threw my day and put in a solid workout.