Starting up a cutting phase, could use a little advice!

BossRoss182

BossRoss182

Awards
Hey guys and gals,

Its been a while since I have posted, and its good to be back!

I went on a pretty hard bulk/gain phase this winter. Put on a decent amount of size, went from 185 to 215 (Yes, there was a decent amount of fat gain). I have been cutting down my calories, upping the calories, etc and starting to see some decent results. I want to start hitting it harder with this warmer Colorado weather, so I was planning on hitting it a bit harder.

So anyway, cutting to the chase, I am very susceptible to muscle loss while cutting down my calories. So I was wondering what you guys and gals could recommend to me to try to keep most of my mass. Don't worry I have been here before I'm not having unrealistic expectations, I know that I will end up losing some mass, I'm fine with that, but I would love to keep as much size as possible. I've heard good things of glutamine during a cut. Or shouldl I keep on the creatine as well?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Thanks everyone.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HICA has some promising potential for helping to preserve lean body mass. And of course, resistance training. Limit cardio and keep calories higher to maintenance.

Best of luck

BossRoss182

BossRoss182

Awards
Damn, thanks for the fast reply! I'll check that out!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Main thing is bro, is to 1. Keep lifting heavy
2. Dont cut calories to fast

BossRoss182

BossRoss182

Awards
NAttyForLife, I dig that name bro! But yeah, suprisingly I haven't lost any strength yet, so I'll keep up the heavy lifting for sure.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
NAttyForLife, I dig that name bro! But yeah, suprisingly I haven't lost any strength yet, so I'll keep up the heavy lifting for sure.
No problem bro. When coming off a bulk usually most people can lose significant fat just going back to maintenance.

BossRoss182

BossRoss182

Awards
That is a good point, so maybe not actually be in a deficit huh? Right on, thanks for the tips man.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
That is a good point, so maybe not actually be in a deficit huh? Right on, thanks for the tips man.
Maintenance you could probably lose fat for a couple of weeks then drop cals by 100-200.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Forskolin and recompadrol helped me shed a lot if fat without losing much weight. I added fat burners as wel but you could do without them at least in the early stages

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
The higher you can keep cals while dropping fat the better off you are.... before lowering cals try increasing expidenture