How much weight should I be able to lose per week?

Aaron1993

Awards
How much weight should I be able to lose per week without losing lean mass or strength? I recall Eric Helms saying in a video that you can lose about 1.0-1.5% of your bodyweight per week. I'm at 20% bf 185lbs at 5'10. This means I can lose close to 2lb/week. Would this apply for me?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
How much weight should I be able to lose per week without losing lean mass or strength? I recall Eric Helms saying in a video that you can lose about 1.0-1.5% of your bodyweight per week. I'm at 20% bf 185lbs at 5'10. This means I can lose close to 2lb/week. Would this apply for me?
I try and stick a pound a week. Maybe 1.5 if its a short cut.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it might depend on the method you choose to lose the weight ...
using the body opus you should be able to lose 2lbs a week with out loseing any mass or strength..

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Well going by the math that you said, 2 lbs a week is only for so long.

Ideally IMO 1 lb a week is optimal. It isnt the fastest results, but with my clients it is more about learning than a quick fix to look good than rebound back to where you were.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I would say 1# a week would be optimal.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
It really depends on your training, your diet, your supplementation, and of course, your BMI level. The average weight loss for a man is 1.5 pounds a week and for a woman, 1 pound per week. But in the past when ephedrine was legally sold, I worked out regularly, ate moderately, and used supplements daily and managed to lose 3 pounds/week. In less than 4 months, I had lost close to 50 pounds and was beginning to look more cut. Overall, I went from flabby to almost cut....lol While I wasn't aiming for the 6 pack abs, I was satisfied with the flat ass abs.

JackAlbertson

Awards
It depends on workout that how much we are doing it and how much we want to lose weight. For losing more weight more workout is important so it is good to do some hard workout for losing lot of weight