More low carb mess

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Please don't attack me here as these low carb diet questions can be touchy subjects. Let me start out by saying that I’ve never believed in the low carb diet stuff long term. I am simply asking this out of curiosity. For starters, you have to admit that a very low carb diet can work IN THE SHORT TERM and very well. So why not go back and forth between a pretty basic 40/40/20 split or something like that and a very low carb diet, especially if you need to lose fat fast? If you were to go about doing something like that, how would you reintroduce carbs into your diet (assuming you know the right TYPEs of carbs to reintroduce)? Also, do you think such a diet would work for someone who’s bodyfat is already somewhat low (~8%)? I point to the new issue of Mind and Muscle on Avant’s site and the article titled: How to Get Ripped to the Bone by Anssi H. Manninen, MHS. Again, assume that exercise and diet knowledge are thorough (the right types of foods to eat, exercise intensity and frequency, etc.)

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I actually think that a diet like a ckd is harder for someone who is already in the single digits. I had good success using a ckd when I was up nearing the 18-20% mark, but I had good look with the diet I got from bobo's program when I was at the 12-14% mark, and that was definately not a keto diet ;)

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
It's just been frustrating me that I've been eating completely perfect for weeks now and sprinting 3x a week with only small results. Perhaps I should just be more patient.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
8% percent is pretty damn low, go over to c-k-d.com and browse around. There are people who do a keto at that low of a percentage, but I don't know if you will lose it any faster per say compared to what you are doing now. I don't have any first had experience at the anything less then double digits.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
It's just been frustrating me that I've been eating completely perfect for weeks now and sprinting 3x a week with only small results. Perhaps I should just be more patient.
Be patient it seems with me the lower I get the harder I have to work to continue doing so. Also the sprints are great but try adding a few days with 45 mins or so of low intensity cardio. Eventually your body adapts to what your doing and progress halts, it's time to throw a monkey wrench in the works.