UD 2.0

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone here tried UD 2.0 for cutting? I just skimmed the book. I'm going to start it now. I am half way thru a half assed first week of it b/c I was being cheap and trying to glean all the necessary info from logs on various boards. The author claims you can shed about 1.5lbs of fat while maintaining or gaining muscle through depletion followed by hardcore carb loads 1000-1200g of carbs (not cals, g). There are 4 types of whole body workouts weekly as well.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Been there done that.

1. I felt like **** during the week.

2. I felt VERY lethargic due to the extreme carb ups.

3. I got extremely bloated because of the carb ups.

4. It works but I can achieve the same results with a smart 40/40/20 while strategically dropping calories over a 16 weeks period.

Depletion to me seems pointless unless you are doing a pre-contect diet and are in the last final weeks.

Keto diets in general work but only to a point. People get sucked into them "including myself" because of the water loss and leaner look at first but eventually when you remove the majority of a macronutrient from a diet you end of stalling much quicker. Even Lyle says do not do this for more than 8 weeks because its just too taxing. I find I can achieve low single digits much easier by starting with a regular 40/40/20 diet and just dropping small amonts of calories over time.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I find I can achieve low single digits much easier by starting with a regular 40/40/20 diet and just dropping small amonts of calories over time.
That's exactly how I get ready for a show, only 10 weeks out.. :thumbsup:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the input bobo and Pete

Been there done that.

1. I felt like **** during the week.

2. I felt VERY lethargic due to the extreme carb ups.

3. I got extremely bloated because of the carb ups.

4. It works but I can achieve the same results with a smart 40/40/20 while strategically dropping calories over a 16 weeks period.

Depletion to me seems pointless unless you are doing a pre-contect diet and are in the last final weeks.

Keto diets in general work but only to a point. People get sucked into them "including myself" because of the water loss and leaner look at first but eventually when you remove the majority of a macronutrient from a diet you end of stalling much quicker. Even Lyle says do not do this for more than 8 weeks because its just too taxing. I find I can achieve low single digits much easier by starting with a regular 40/40/20 diet and just dropping small amonts of calories over time.
I have never done keto, so we'll see how it goes. I don't think I had ever done a day under 100g of carbs until this week, and I still feel pretty good. Beast/Derek from Avant/BB.com kept a vague log of a UD 2.0 (copyright kindness) based approach and he had incredible results. He dropped 2.5% in 3 weeks while gaining a lb of muscle. If I can achieve 1/2 that I'll be happy. I teach in an urban school, so I really need to be on point all the time during the day. If this diet prevents that I will just drop it. I know low carbs can also make you moody:twisted: . I don't want to lose control, if you know what I mean...:saw:
I would never do it for 8 weeks. I don't think I'll do it for more than 4-6 weeks. I am currently about 185 and about 11%bf. My goal is to get to 8-9%by Mid-March, lower would be nice.

If anyone is interested in this approach I will keep a log, though I won't have time to go into great detail (teaching and finishing my Master's), I will answer as many questions as people might have as possible. Everyone here has been more helpful than imaginable to me. I'd like to extend the love.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the input bobo and Pete.

Last edited:
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Like I said it works and Beast progress can be achieved with a different approach as well. Its very hard to gauge results in that short peroid of time without getting tested in a dip tank. Remember, Derek is young as well. At that age I could cut with Taco Bell ;)

If it works for you that would great but just watch if after a while because doing full body workouts while depleted is NOT fun at all.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
If it works for you that would great but just watch if after a while because doing full body workouts while depleted is NOT fun at all.
Yeah, I already read one kids log on Lyle's site where he talked about puking after a depleted workout.

R6Speed

Board Supporter
Awards
I found that doing chest/back on the first day, then Legs/arms on the second was easiest. The worst by far was a legs/back combo. It took me 3 weeks to adapt to the high volume/reps and get the carb load correct.