Tuna

GottaMakeIt

Awards
hey guys
Is tuna a fast or slow digesting protien?
I know variety if preferred but Would it be ok if a person eats only tuna for his daily protien? instead of beef or chicken
2 cans 4 times a day, thats about 240 gms of protien

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
hey guys
I know variety if preferred but Would it be ok if a person eats only tuna for his daily protien? instead of beef or chicken
I wouldn't suggest eating that much tuna. A mix of things will keep you sane not too mention keep you alive (mercury). How about turkey? A good ol steak?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Mecury posioning works on your nerveous tissue and is stored in areas with high fat content, ie brain. I will let you do the math

Chunky

Awards
Canned tuna is fine. I take in 5-6 cans a day and don't have problem.

Fresh tuna however...

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
hey guys
Tuna is a pretty slow digesting protein from what I've heard.

bw1199

Awards
u guys know if there is any difference(other than price) between just the regular tuna and white albacore?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Take pepcid or Tums before you eat tuna and your stomach won't have the acid it needs to abosorb heavy metals. They are too charged to absorb in the gut, so just get them past the stomach with a base or acid reducer and your home free. Methylmercury is unfortunately well absorbed even with this strategy.

Hellhound

Awards
Cheaper tuna= Lower mercury content. (for real)

Yep it's true, the basic rule of thumb is the cheaper the can of tuna, the lower the mercury content. Check it out for your self! Even in nutrition guides for pregnant women, they are told to limit tuna intake to three cans a week, or one can if it is albacore or yellow fin. :think: