What is my problem!? I cant lose fat!

IanHummel

Board Supporter
Awards
Hey everyone. This is getting a bit ridiculous at this point. I have been working out for weeks now, cardio 3x week lifting 2x a week, taking TriMax and 20mg of MDien and eating almost all protein at every chance I get and almost not fat or carbs. It's been egg beaters and chicken and steak for me consistantly. I still am not losing weight. I really dont know what else I can do at this point. Any input would be great.

Thanks!
Ian

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
What is your daily caloric intake? What is your weight? Have you had your thyroid levels checked?

Also it is a little more complicated than not eating carbs and fats.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
We need a lot more info such as calories taken in, what your consuming, and your cycle details. Also just because your not losing weight doesnt mean your not losing fat.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well one problem is you're only consuming protein and no fat or carbs, protein undergoes glucogeneous (sp) and will eventually get stored as fat when you have no other energy source (i.e. efa's and complex carbs)

Meerschaum

Awards
Hey everyone. This is getting a bit ridiculous at this point. I have been working out for weeks now, cardio 3x week lifting 2x a week, taking TriMax and 20mg of MDien and eating almost all protein at every chance I get and almost not fat or carbs. It's been egg beaters and chicken and steak for me consistantly. I still am not losing weight. I really dont know what else I can do at this point. Any input would be great.

Thanks!
Ian
its all about cals man, whats your daily calorie intake ?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Details will help us help you bro. Also, 3X/wk cardio won't even make a dent if you're trying to cut.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I will echo what everyone else has said. You need to know NOT guess how many grams of protein, carbs and fat you are eating each day.

I ASURE you that you will be amazed the results you can get if you work your way up to 6 meals a day with the right number of calories and ratios. Your metabolism will REALLY speed up unless of course you have some strange problem which I doubt.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The man speaks the truth on that one *sighs*
Not true.

I don't have anyone over 4x/week and sometimes I start them with none at all and they still lose weight.

Its a highly individualized thing.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Not true.

I don't have anyone over 4x/week and sometimes I start them with none at all and they still lose weight.

Yeah, I should have sounded a little less absolute. There are so many variables to consider.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not true.

For *me* he speaks the truth.

better? :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure thing ;)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I can lose fat without cardio. I've done it before, and I'm an endo! Its more about diet than anything. Details, details!.

IanHummel

Board Supporter
Awards
I usually start out the day with my workout on an empty stomach. I follow that with 4 3 eggs and a little no fat cheese. Then I usually have a protein shake a couple hours later. After that it's a chicken breast, then later it's usually more eggs. Sometimes I will exchage the chicken breast with a 6inch subway sand. or a caesar salad with light dressing. The workout 3x used to be all I could do, but now my day schedule has opened up so I'm going to 5x a week. It's usually a 3 or 5 day split with 30 minutes of the eliptical (bad knees so I cant get on the treadmill). My current weight is about 223 and I'm 6ft 1in. I dont have a ton of muscle on me, however I dont look overly fat by any means clothed, however, with my shirt off, I do have the love handles and somewhat of a gut. I will post pictures next. Any input would be great and sorry for not posting all these details earlier.

Ian

Meerschaum

Awards
Not true.

amen to that, I'm cutting right now sitting on my ass, doing absolutely no cardio, in fact making an effort to avoid it!, and I'm not being sarcastic. Cardio is not a requirement if the goal is simply fat loss.

@Ian

I'm 12lbs less and in the same boat as far as bodyfat goes, my advice is to total up your daily cals, and cut 500 off, give it a week, if the drop is minimal or nothing happens, cut some more, try to keep protein decently high, keep carbs moderate and just basically keep dropping cals until you see weight loss begin. I'm lazy so for me I'm more of a fan of cutting the hell outta cals and tollerating the starvation side, than doing endless boring cardio.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Well, for one thing, If you're going low or no carbs, you should include more fat in your diet. You're metabolism is probably crawling at a snails pace becuase you're severely underfeeding. You must feel like ****. I know I would if I did that on top of training. Add more healthy fats and don't be afraid to throw some carbs in there too. At this point, it will give your thyroid a boost.

2 suggestions... Browse around the nutrition forum and Learn. If that doesn't help, enlist Bobos' help. It will be well worth it.

IanHummel

Board Supporter
Awards
Bobo's help sounds good on the page until I see the $300 price tag. I'm a 22 year old college kid. I dont have $300 to drop right now. LeanOne, given my current situation, could you give me what you think would be a good start to a daily meal plan? Just no cotage cheese (cant stomach that ****). As far as energy goes, yes, it's hard to get through days sometimes which is why I came here for help and information. My sleep habits are constantly changing as I bartend at a college bar (I refrain from drinking though, I may drink 1x a week and even then, socially, not a lot). Thanks everyone so far.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I know $300 can be steep for a colledge kid. How does $20 sound? Donate $20 to the board so you can PM, an then PM me. I'll see what I can do for you. ;)

IanHummel

Board Supporter
Awards
When I go to donate it only gives me a $10 option and doesn't say anything about unlocking PM's. What should I do?
Ian

I know $300 can be steep for a colledge kid. How does $20 sound? Donate $20 to the board so you can PM, an then PM me. I'll see what I can do for you. ;)

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
When I go to donate it only gives me a $10 option and doesn't say anything about unlocking PM's. What should I do?
Ian
Actually, I think a $10 donation will enable you to PM. Donate then post in this thread after you've done that. Bobo will see it and change your status so you can PM.

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Actually, I think a $10 donation will enable you to PM. Donate then post in this thread after you've done that. Bobo will see it and change your status so you can PM.
What type of cardio are you doing and for how long? Try doing HIIT cardio.
EX:
2 min lvl 5
1 min lvl 6
1 min lvl 7
1 min lvl 8
1 min lvl 9
1 min lvl 6
1 min lvl 7
1 min lvl 8
1 min lvl 9
1 min lvl 6
1 min lvl 7
1 min lvl 8
1 min lvl 9
1 min lvl 6
1 min lvl 7
1 min lvl 8
1 min lvl 9
1 min lvl 10
1 min lvl 5

I've been doing this 3 x per week on an empty stomach then eating approx 1 hour later. NOw when you eat try 1 portion of protein (a portion = the size of your clenched fist) and 1 portion of complex carb (brown rice, wheat pasta, ww bread, etc) also have veggies 2x per day. Eat 6 of these meals spaced about 2-3 hours apart. I guarantee you will lose weight. I have lost so far 11lbs in 4 weeks and look more toned than ever. Keep your weight training as well.

Andrew69

Board Supporter
Awards
3v1l,
The example you have posted does not come close to being classified as HIIT.

And thats not what you are doing on an empty stomach is it?

Editted to say:
OK so it is what you are doing on an empty stomach! No wonder the weight is flying off of you...question is, how much of it is LMM?

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I echo what most said on here, and that is the diet is the problem. You can suggest different cardio types until your blue in the face it doesnt matter. HIIT isnt going to solve his problems. He needs his diet dialed in right first and foremost, then simply 3-4 times a week of low to moderate pace cardio 30-45 mins with a good strength training program and he'll shed fat.

IanHummel

Board Supporter
Awards
Sending my donation now, BoBo, could you please unlock PM's for me so I can start losing this damn weight? :)

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Cool. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a PM from you. :eek:

3v1l

3v1l

Awards
Cool. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a PM from you. :eek:
I'm actually gaining muscle whilst losing fat. I'm going to post before and after pics of the 4 weeks so far. The whole program is 12 weeks long.