For my fellow keto followers

wrathman10

Awards
While your on, do you still ensure you hit a high amount of protein? Example I'm following the evolutionary diet for bulking(don't think it's enough cals) but it says on my carb up days drop protein to like 15% which would be like 120g but I would think that's bad because of being "on". Am I wrong?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
not sure about the plan you are following.. and not entirely sure what your asking.. but I think you are asking if I think 120 g of protein will be ok during your carb up days...?
the answer is yes you will be fine. just stick to the plan and everything will be laid out. KISS=keep it simple stoopid

wrathman10

Awards
not sure about the plan you are following.. and not entirely sure what your asking.. but I think you are asking if I think 120 g of protein will be ok during your carb up days...?
the answer is yes you will be fine. just stick to the plan and everything will be laid out. KISS=keep it simple stoopid
Thank you for answering. I don't respond we'll eating "high" amounts of carbs. For me this is over 300g a day really. I will put on fat very easy even if I keep my carbs to red potatoes,brown/wild rice, old fashion oats. The evo diet I mentioned above is just another version of body opus diet or anything that falls in that category. I respond very well to low carb/ no carb but will get cravings if I eat 200g+ carbs a day.

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
While your on, do you still ensure you hit a high amount of protein? Example I'm following the evolutionary diet for bulking(don't think it's enough cals) but it says on my carb up days drop protein to like 15% which would be like 120g but I would think that's bad because of being "on". Am I wrong?
Is there a reason why you are going below 1g/lb of body weight? That is always my MINIMUM!

wrathman10

Awards
Is there a reason why you are going below 1g/lb of body weight? That is always my MINIMUM!
That was the reason I was asking. That is usually my baseline and I increase if I'm using a PH or something along those lines.

Deak007

Deak007

Awards
That was the reason I was asking. That is usually my baseline and I increase if I'm using a PH or something along those lines.
I would go about 1-1.5 per lb of body weight and you should be fine!

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
The purpose of a "refeed" is to fill your glycogen levels by consuming a lot of carbs. Your macros on refeed days should be carb dominate for several reasons.

1. Fat is very calorie dense (9 cals per gram) and slows digestion of anything else taken in.
a. By dropping fat, glycogen is better refilled and it gives you more room for your daily calorie total. if you consume the same amount of food on refeed days as you do a normal day and then add your carbload, you will succeed in restoring glycogen, but will also greatly risk spill over/fat storage.

2. Keto is muscle sparring. Protein is very important, but in terms of keto anything over 1 gram per pound of lean mass isn't really necessary. and once again, cals from protein are dropped on refeed days to focus on carbs and glycogen replenishment and to avoid spill over.

Just about any cyclical diet that has refeeds will have lower fat/protein macros on refeed days.

one day out of the week with 120 g protein rather then 200 g protein is not going to do any harm.

wrathman10

Awards
The purpose of a "refeed" is to fill your glycogen levels by consuming a lot of carbs. Your macros on refeed days should be carb dominate for several reasons.

1. Fat is very calorie dense (9 cals per gram) and slows digestion of anything else taken in.
a. By dropping fat, glycogen is better refilled and it gives you more room for your daily calorie total. if you consume the same amount of food on refeed days as you do a normal day and then add your carbload, you will succeed in restoring glycogen, but will also greatly risk spill over/fat storage.

2. Keto is muscle sparring. Protein is very important, but in terms of keto anything over 1 gram per pound of lean mass isn't really necessary. and once again, cals from protein are dropped on refeed days to focus on carbs and glycogen replenishment and to avoid spill over.

Just about any cyclical diet that has refeeds will have lower fat/protein macros on refeed days.

one day out of the week with 120 g protein rather then 200 g protein is not going to do any harm.
Thank you

My idea was to eat the same amount of cals, eat the carb load amount and replace the free cals from the dropped fat with protein

The plan
F-107
C--440
P-120
Kcals 3200ish

My idea
F-50ish
C-440
P-250ish
Same amount of cals

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
keep in mind too that during keto if you eat too much protein your body will convert it to glycogen anyhow... so just know that you will be fine and not lose any mass during this phase.
also those fat cals should be from the right sources during that reefed and are quite important to insulin sensitivity so just stick to the drill. I wouldn't do anything more, or you will push the spill over.

leasky33

Awards
im doing ckd as well, and ive found i seem to lose a bit more weight with having my fats higher than protein, this Sunday is my carb up day, so im looking forward to a nice plate of chilli and rice and whatever else i feel like eating

wrathman10

Awards
im doing ckd as well, and ive found i seem to lose a bit more weight with having my fats higher than protein, this Sunday is my carb up day, so im looking forward to a nice plate of chilli and rice and whatever else i feel like eating
Yea my fats are a little higher then my protein. It's like fat-270-289 and protein 260-270. That's about 3600 kcals. But IV had a really busy week lots of time outside and in the sun all day so I have kept up on my food ( had to eat it all cold) and water intake but missed 2 workouts cuz I was dead tired but it was prob better I missed those two.