Stomache aches????

tommyboy

Awards
When you guys first started a real bulking diet did you guys get stomaches all the time?? I started a bulking diet recently (past 2 months) And havent been able to stick to it because of stomache problems. I dont know wtf is wrong with me am I allergic to to much food I wish someone could give me an answer!

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you've tried eating too much, too fast. Try easing into it to see if that helps.

merllin_2000

Awards
when do you get the stomach problems, how long do they last, are there any other symptoms to it other than upset stomach, are there any certain foods that cause it more than other's

tommyboy

Awards
when do you get the stomach problems, how long do they last, are there any other symptoms to it other than upset stomach, are there any certain foods that cause it more than other's
Usually an hour after eating but I could be wrong. It goes on and off usually for up to 6 hours later!!!! Some times I have horrid gas but not all the time. I havent been able to figure out what food it is. Or if its a food

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I've had bad stomach aches when I'd eat a meal high in fat (nuts mostly). Is your diet the only thing that you've changed that has resulted in the pains?

tattoopierced1

It could be a number of things, from what you are eating, how much you are eating, etc... Post a general day of when you have stomach discomfort and someone might be able to help. I would post times with what you ate like:

7am- 2 eggs, glass of OJ, bagel, oatmeal
9am- roast beef sandwich
11am- turkey sub

etc...

that might help you get a better answer..

merllin_2000

Awards
this may be far fetched but your symptoms sound alot like mine where. You might have Irritable bowel syndrome I.B.S.. I suggest that you look into it a little more and see if this may be your cause of stomach irritation. Although there is no real cure, if you find out what brings it on you can avoid these things.Also doctors can perscribe some med. for the pain. If this is the issue the symptoms will get increasingly worse over time if not attended too. Hope this helps!

tommyboy

Awards
my parents were saying something like they had it and that might be whats wrong with me. **** does this mean I cannot bodybuild??? What do you do when bulking merlin is it just a problem when you are eating tons of calories? Have your fixed your problem and have you been able to gain weight?

this may be far fetched but your symptoms sound alot like mine where. You might have Irritable bowel syndrome I.B.S.. I suggest that you look into it a little more and see if this may be your cause of stomach irritation. Although there is no real cure, if you find out what brings it on you can avoid these things.Also doctors can perscribe some med. for the pain. If this is the issue the symptoms will get increasingly worse over time if not attended too. Hope this helps!

merllin_2000

Awards
Not at all, with just some minor adjustment in your diet or lifestyle will get rid of this for the most part all together. It can be something as simple as adding more fibre to your diet, staying away from alcohol, watching your stress level, spicy foods, etc.. You just need to right down everything you eat and drink for a week or so, and note when anything might start to flare it up. I would recommend that you slowly increase your calories within a week or two of bulking, and change the things on your diet regularly to see what happens. Also look into your dairy intake (look at your protein source as well). None of this means that you can no longer have these things, you just need to learn how to work them into your diet that doesnt effect you this way.For example when i want spicy foods i just have to make sure that i have something on my stomach that will help me with the digestion of it, like bread or milk or something. Once you figure out your specific needs there is nothing you cannot have, and by no way will this effect your bodybuilding efforts, or comfort of life as long as you take a little time to listen to your body and figure out what it needs. There are alot of good article's on the internet about it. Good Luck!!:)

tommyboy

Awards
Hey How do you know if you eat a certain food and you get a stomach ache its from that? How long before your stomach starts hurting?? Like if I eat one food and then another 3 hours later how will I know which one the stomache aches from??? What did your body not like? And how many cals do you suggest I start with?

Not at all, with just some minor adjustment in your diet or lifestyle will get rid of this for the most part all together. It can be something as simple as adding more fibre to your diet, staying away from alcohol, watching your stress level, spicy foods, etc.. You just need to right down everything you eat and drink for a week or so, and note when anything might start to flare it up. I would recommend that you slowly increase your calories within a week or two of bulking, and change the things on your diet regularly to see what happens. Also look into your dairy intake (look at your protein source as well). None of this means that you can no longer have these things, you just need to learn how to work them into your diet that doesnt effect you this way.For example when i want spicy foods i just have to make sure that i have something on my stomach that will help me with the digestion of it, like bread or milk or something. Once you figure out your specific needs there is nothing you cannot have, and by no way will this effect your bodybuilding efforts, or comfort of life as long as you take a little time to listen to your body and figure out what it needs. There are alot of good article's on the internet about it. Good Luck!!:)

viking

Awards
Too much dairy will often cause gas and therefore stomach aches. Lactaid and ginger work well for me.

merllin_2000

Awards
Remember that i am just guessing am in no way saying this is your issue, Viking could be right on the money if you are lactose intolerant. My symptoms occur usually as soon as i am done eating, and sometimes last for a week or more. As far as the calorie intake that is something you need to find out on your own, as everyone's body is different. This is why a log is always a must! If your body will start to gain at 3500 calories a day you dont want to be shoveling down 4000. That will only ad alot of additional fat that you do not need or want. If you are only hitting 3500 cal. every other day that too is counter productive. I personally suggest increasing your calorie intake by 200-300 every 4-5 days and keep up with your log book. I personally keep a little note pad in my pocket at all times to keep up to date, not to mention it's great for writing down girls phone # lol. Try laying off of dairy as much as possible to see if that helps, and if not try some of the forums for the I.B.S.. hope this helps

tommyboy

Awards
how do you find out what will make ur ibs flare up if you could have the symptoms a week later??? and nah i tired that im not lactose intolerant

merllin_2000

Awards
they dont happen a week later, they happen almost right away after eating but they last a week. But everyone is different with there symptoms

tommyboy

Awards
Merlin I was reading that a high calorie meal can lead to to the episodes and stomache cramps.. How could you possibly bulk then?

they dont happen a week later, they happen almost right away after eating but they last a week. But everyone is different with there symptoms

merllin_2000

Awards
I eat 7-8 meals moderate in size and meal replacement shakes and with high calories, so its not like i am trying to eat large amounts all at once. One of my bulking rountines go like this
7:00 am 10 eggs one yolk, small bowl oats, 1 pc. whole wheat toast, glass water,
10:30 am 1 myoplex shake 2 pc fruit water
12:30 pm 11/2 chicken breat, yam, salad no dressing water
3:30 pm 1 myoplex shake 1 pc fruit water
5:30 pm (gym) protein shake, fruit, after gym finish shake
7:30 pm steak, steamed veg., salad, 8oz. milk, water
9:00 pm protein shake, sugar free jello, or what ever if i am hungry or have a sweet tooth. I live a pretty boring life so this is a daily routine that i can stick with. I also have a juicer, which helps me suck down more cal, and fibre, and i have one of those magic bullet blender's that help me make alot of great tasting meals very quickly. Wow cant believe i am endorsing a cheap late night product lol. Of course this is just an example but by spreading my meals out it doenst effect me. Now at first your body might not take to this right away for a week or two but after that your body will know when to expect a meal like a clock, literally. If i am 15 min. late on one of my meals my body starts feeling fatigued and very hungry. Beverly international has a good product with high calories, cant remember the name off the top of my head but it will help.

tommyboy

Awards
Merllin do you have an email, Do you ever like have a late night on friday nights. I usually am up untill 12:30 on friday and sat night. But rest of the week its 9:30. I still get atleast 8 hours though usually more what do you do when youve got a time change like that. anything special? Any certain foods that flare up your IBS? Do you take your shakes in milk? What are you talking about beverly international about whats it for?

I eat 7-8 meals moderate in size and meal replacement shakes and with high calories, so its not like i am trying to eat large amounts all at once. One of my bulking rountines go like this
7:00 am 10 eggs one yolk, small bowl oats, 1 pc. whole wheat toast, glass water,
10:30 am 1 myoplex shake 2 pc fruit water
12:30 pm 11/2 chicken breat, yam, salad no dressing water
3:30 pm 1 myoplex shake 1 pc fruit water
5:30 pm (gym) protein shake, fruit, after gym finish shake
7:30 pm steak, steamed veg., salad, 8oz. milk, water
9:00 pm protein shake, sugar free jello, or what ever if i am hungry or have a sweet tooth. I live a pretty boring life so this is a daily routine that i can stick with. I also have a juicer, which helps me suck down more cal, and fibre, and i have one of those magic bullet blender's that help me make alot of great tasting meals very quickly. Wow cant believe i am endorsing a cheap late night product lol. Of course this is just an example but by spreading my meals out it doenst effect me. Now at first your body might not take to this right away for a week or two but after that your body will know when to expect a meal like a clock, literally. If i am 15 min. late on one of my meals my body starts feeling fatigued and very hungry. Beverly international has a good product with high calories, cant remember the name off the top of my head but it will help.

merllin_2000

Awards
merllin_2000@yahoo, Unfortunately i have a wife a kid so i dont do much of anything, ( damm old ball and chain ) lol, I have found myself up late all the time, due to me always being a night time person, My days and nights are usually so messed up that when there is a time change it doesnt make much difference. The one thing that cause isb for me is not enough fibre ( constipation ) or really spicy foods on an empty stomach. I love hot hot food, beverly international is just another protein powder company. there products are very tasty, but pricey, you can find other source's of high calorie protein's that are cheaper. all the way is very good but calorie's are not very high. i will try to see what it is that i use and tell ya later.

tommyboy

Awards
so you basically dont mess up your eating scheduele you just dont sleep as much? haha

merllin_2000@yahoo, Unfortunately i have a wife a kid so i dont do much of anything, ( damm old ball and chain ) lol, I have found myself up late all the time, due to me always being a night time person, My days and nights are usually so messed up that when there is a time change it doesnt make much difference. The one thing that cause isb for me is not enough fibre ( constipation ) or really spicy foods on an empty stomach. I love hot hot food, beverly international is just another protein powder company. there products are very tasty, but pricey, you can find other source's of high calorie protein's that are cheaper. all the way is very good but calorie's are not very high. i will try to see what it is that i use and tell ya later.

tommyboy

Awards
When do you use your juicer and what veggies do you use.... Ive got one and sounds like a Great! idea. PS: thanks for all the help you have been given me its great to find someone who is so helpfull and on the same page with me when I dont know whats going on... (just realizing I have IBS)

im going to the doc tommrow but hes not gonna help me be able to bulk or bodybuild.......

so you basically dont mess up your eating scheduele you just dont sleep as much? haha

merllin_2000

Awards
I ususally only get between 6-7 hrs of sleep, except on weekends. lol it's funny i try to do everything else by the book. I usually try different things things with the juicer, I can eat anything at all, so i just like to experiment and see what i make. With veggies i usually end up mixing alot of hot sauce with it or pepper. I love to mix fruits together but they are a bit high on the sugar level. I do like 2 apples, 1 pear, 2 kiwi, though. I very happy to be able to help you or anyone with what little i now about the sport. This is only my second year and i am still learning all the time. This forum is great, and has ALOT of intelligent people about the sport. Well have fun at the doc.

tommyboy

Awards
GODDD!!!!!!!!!! my stomach aches when im just eating normal food!!!!! this is SOOOOOOOO frustrating!!!

I ususally only get between 6-7 hrs of sleep, except on weekends. lol it's funny i try to do everything else by the book. I usually try different things things with the juicer, I can eat anything at all, so i just like to experiment and see what i make. With veggies i usually end up mixing alot of hot sauce with it or pepper. I love to mix fruits together but they are a bit high on the sugar level. I do like 2 apples, 1 pear, 2 kiwi, though. I very happy to be able to help you or anyone with what little i now about the sport. This is only my second year and i am still learning all the time. This forum is great, and has ALOT of intelligent people about the sport. Well have fun at the doc.

tommyboy

Awards
Its so weird i sometimes get cravings for food even though my stomach kills and it sometimes it feels better.

GODDD!!!!!!!!!! my stomach aches when im just eating normal food!!!!! this is SOOOOOOOO frustrating!!!

tommyboy

Awards
And like I wake up this morning not haveing eaten in 8 hours and my stomache is sore! and feels weird and hurts

When do you use your juicer and what veggies do you use.... Ive got one and sounds like a Great! idea. PS: thanks for all the help you have been given me its great to find someone who is so helpfull and on the same page with me when I dont know whats going on... (just realizing I have IBS)

im going to the doc tommrow but hes not gonna help me be able to bulk or bodybuild.......