Shake in Middle of Night?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Every night about half way through my 8 hours of sleep, my alarm goes off for me to take a shake. I then go pee then back to sleep until the morning. It has helped me keep weight on I have gained, and even put on a couple more pounds. the problem I can think of is this... is it worth taking, since it is messing up my full 8 hours of REM sleep? Or should I not even worry about the sleeping patterns and continue with the shake.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I was trying that for awhile but it was messing too much with what little sleep I get. I eat cottage cheese before I go to bed and then a protein shake as soon as I wake up, thats been working decent for me. Sleep is much too valuable in my opinion.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that is retarded!. Where do you take the shake?. Is it from Mcdonalds?. Or do you mean a protein drink?. If you do you should "drink" it, and not "take" it. I think you are better off sleeping through the night. Just my opinion. Not trying to bash you or anything. You can do whatever you want.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
If you think you need something, take a long digesting protein before bed - casein. Getting up in the middle of the night is no good.

Your avatar has it right, I don't see that stick guy getting up in the middle of the night.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Good advice, though personally, I prefer a double whopper from B-King. :icon_lol:

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Many people swear by their middle of the night shake, but IMO sleep is too valuable. Stick with a slow digesting meal before bed, and hit some whey upon awakening.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Or just take some anabolics. They make all of these minor tweaking changes relatively meaningless.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
IMO if you already get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom go ahead and take advantage of the situation by having a shake ready to drink.

I wouldn't intentionally wake up but hey who knows.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, if you have a thimble bladder, go for it I guess.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
IMO if you don't have to wake at least once per night to go pee, I don't care what size your bladder is, and you do Prohormones/AS over time your organs will HATE but hey they are YOUR organs not mine ;)

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
IMO if you don't have to wake at least once per night to go pee, I don't care what size your bladder is, and you do Prohormones/AS over time your organs will HATE but hey they are YOUR organs not mine ;)
True, the only time I sleep through the night is when I am recovering from sickness(dehydrated)Or after a night after heavy drinking.(dehydrated :sick: ) However, I still think the double whopper can't be beat to stave off nighttime catabolism. :lol:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have problems pissing in the middle of the night. I drink a gallon of water a day. I'm starting to think it isn't all that necessary because when I don't get my water in I sleep much better and feel much better when I wake up!. I mean if I got up and mixed up some whey it would just interupt my sleep more and not to mention I would have to brush my teeth again. Just another reason why I think its retarded.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I have problems pissing in the middle of the night. I drink a gallon of water a day. I'm starting to think it isn't all that necessary because when I don't get my water in I sleep much better and feel much better when I wake up!. I mean if I got up and mixed up some whey it would just interupt my sleep more and not to mention I would have to brush my teeth again. Just another reason why I think its retarded.

Then just don't do it bro :lol: Say goodbye to your liver, say good bye to your kidneys been nice knowing ya BWAHAHAHAHA

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Then just don't do it bro :lol: Say goodbye to your liver, say good bye to your kidneys been nice knowing ya BWAHAHAHAHA
I doubt your liver is going to crap out if you dont piss during the night.... :lol:

Bleeding_Fina

Banned
Awards
I wouldnt wake up to eat or drink a shake in the middle of the night. But if you are like me and get a few times everynight. I one ready to drink so I dont even have to go make it

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
The idea that if you don't pee in the middle of the night your organs will hate you, just doesn't make sense. As if a nighttime pee is going to make the difference while on AAS/PH.

If you go to sleep... and wake up eight hours later... THEN pee. If you to go to sleep and wake up five hours later with a bladder telling you that you need to pee... THEN pee. For goodness sake. If you can't tell when to pee you either need rubber sheets on the bed or some Depends on.

Having said that... In the absence of my body telling me that I need to get up and pee... I would rather sleep through the night and get my full rest. INTENTIONALLY waking up via an alarm clock in order to have a protein shake is old school... which I usually dig... however, in this case it just doesn't recognize the importance of sleep vs. such a thing.

Drink a casein shake pre-bed and sleep as long as your bladder and schedule, kids, etc. will let you.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
The idea that if you don't pee in the middle of the night your organs will hate you, just doesn't make sense. As if a nighttime pee is going to make the difference while on AAS/PH.

If you go to sleep... and wake up eight hours later... THEN pee. If you to go to sleep and wake up five hours later with a bladder telling you that you need to pee... THEN pee. For goodness sake. If you can't tell when to pee you either need rubber sheets on the bed or some Depends on.

Having said that... In the absence of my body telling me that I need to get up and pee... I would rather sleep through the night and get my full rest. INTENTIONALLY waking up via an alarm clock in order to have a protein shake is old school... which I usually dig... however, in this case it just doesn't recognize the importance of sleep vs. such a thing.

Drink a casein shake pre-bed and sleep as long as your bladder and schedule, kids, etc. will let you.

LOL Dude you are not understanding. We are NOT saying that it has ANYTHING to do with actually going pee at night

What we ARE saying is that if you are drinking ENOUGH water then you should be pissing every 1 to 2 hours while awake sooooooooooooooooooooo you if you are sleeping 8+ hours a night you WILL have to get up and pee, I don't care if your bladder is the size of your head. :rofl:

As was said before hey it is YOUR liver, kidneys etc if you want to do AS and not drink enough water we wont lose a wink of sleep over it. :thumbsup:

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh...

Well, then... that makes more sense. However, I drink water like a dehydrated camel all day long and just taper off when it gets dark and towards bedtime. Usually I don't drink any in the last hour or so before bed (except for what it takes to mix my bedtime shake) and most often I do not wake up until I've slept my 8 hours.

Still, I understand better what you're saying now.

Maybe we should all get catheters so we can pee and sleep at the same time. LOL :)

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
I rarely wake up to piss in the middle of the night, but in the morning it seems like I pee for like 2 minutes.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I always have to wake up once and pee during the night. Its like clockwork, always 4 hours into my sleep.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh...

Well, then... that makes more sense. However, I drink water like a dehydrated camel all day long and just taper off when it gets dark and towards bedtime. Usually I don't drink any in the last hour or so before bed (except for what it takes to mix my bedtime shake) and most often I do not wake up until I've slept my 8 hours.

Still, I understand better what you're saying now.

Maybe we should all get catheters so we can pee and sleep at the same time. LOL :)
NOW you are being sick :rofl:

BUT I think I saw 1fast400 was going to start selling a combination catheter with a protein/prohormone IV unit :)

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
there is one nutritionist who told me that taking 2-3g of fish body oil or flaxseed and then small amount of oatmeal then plus whith your protein shake will give you the same effect like nightime protein. Don't know whether it works. Whats your opinion?
I do it that way plus i take 1 g of fiber tab b4 i go to bed and keeping my gain pretty well.