Shake in Middle of Night?

  1. Registered User
    BOHICA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,196
    Rep Power
    721
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    9.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Shake in Middle of Night?


    Every night about half way through my 8 hours of sleep, my alarm goes off for me to take a shake. I then go pee then back to sleep until the morning. It has helped me keep weight on I have gained, and even put on a couple more pounds. the problem I can think of is this... is it worth taking, since it is messing up my full 8 hours of REM sleep? Or should I not even worry about the sleeping patterns and continue with the shake.

  2. The Axe Man Cometh!!
    ironviking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    344
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    63.6%

    I was trying that for awhile but it was messing too much with what little sleep I get. I eat cottage cheese before I go to bed and then a protein shake as soon as I wake up, thats been working decent for me. Sleep is much too valuable in my opinion.
  3. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,123
    Rep Power
    5090409
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    89.66%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I think that is retarded!. Where do you take the shake?. Is it from Mcdonalds?. Or do you mean a protein drink?. If you do you should "drink" it, and not "take" it. I think you are better off sleeping through the night. Just my opinion. Not trying to bash you or anything. You can do whatever you want.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Strateg0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    509
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    24.29%

    If you think you need something, take a long digesting protein before bed - casein. Getting up in the middle of the night is no good.

    Your avatar has it right, I don't see that stick guy getting up in the middle of the night.
  5. Senior Member
    Lean One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,673
    Rep Power
    1470
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    27.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Good advice, though personally, I prefer a double whopper from B-King.
  6. Senior Member
    NPursuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,782
    Rep Power
    1033
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    85.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Many people swear by their middle of the night shake, but IMO sleep is too valuable. Stick with a slow digesting meal before bed, and hit some whey upon awakening.
  7. Registered User
    Strateg0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    509
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    24.29%

    Or just take some anabolics. They make all of these minor tweaking changes relatively meaningless.
  8. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    IMO if you already get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom go ahead and take advantage of the situation by having a shake ready to drink.

    I wouldn't intentionally wake up but hey who knows.
  9. Registered User
    Strateg0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    509
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    24.29%

    Yeah, if you have a thimble bladder, go for it I guess.
  10. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    IMO if you don't have to wake at least once per night to go pee, I don't care what size your bladder is, and you do Prohormones/AS over time your organs will HATE but hey they are YOUR organs not mine
  11. Senior Member
    Lean One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,673
    Rep Power
    1470
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    27.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    IMO if you don't have to wake at least once per night to go pee, I don't care what size your bladder is, and you do Prohormones/AS over time your organs will HATE but hey they are YOUR organs not mine
    True, the only time I sleep through the night is when I am recovering from sickness(dehydrated)Or after a night after heavy drinking.(dehydrated ) However, I still think the double whopper can't be beat to stave off nighttime catabolism.
  12. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,123
    Rep Power
    5090409
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    89.66%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I have problems pissing in the middle of the night. I drink a gallon of water a day. I'm starting to think it isn't all that necessary because when I don't get my water in I sleep much better and feel much better when I wake up!. I mean if I got up and mixed up some whey it would just interupt my sleep more and not to mention I would have to brush my teeth again. Just another reason why I think its retarded.
  13. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    I have problems pissing in the middle of the night. I drink a gallon of water a day. I'm starting to think it isn't all that necessary because when I don't get my water in I sleep much better and feel much better when I wake up!. I mean if I got up and mixed up some whey it would just interupt my sleep more and not to mention I would have to brush my teeth again. Just another reason why I think its retarded.

    Then just don't do it bro Say goodbye to your liver, say good bye to your kidneys been nice knowing ya BWAHAHAHAHA
  14. Board Supporter
    scott72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    807
    Rep Power
    536
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    14.14%

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    Then just don't do it bro Say goodbye to your liver, say good bye to your kidneys been nice knowing ya BWAHAHAHAHA
    I doubt your liver is going to crap out if you dont piss during the night....
  15. Banned
    Bleeding_Fina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    86.67%

    I wouldnt wake up to eat or drink a shake in the middle of the night. But if you are like me and get a few times everynight. I one ready to drink so I dont even have to go make it
  16. Registered User
    shootmeagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    362
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%

    The idea that if you don't pee in the middle of the night your organs will hate you, just doesn't make sense. As if a nighttime pee is going to make the difference while on AAS/PH.

    If you go to sleep... and wake up eight hours later... THEN pee. If you to go to sleep and wake up five hours later with a bladder telling you that you need to pee... THEN pee. For goodness sake. If you can't tell when to pee you either need rubber sheets on the bed or some Depends on.

    Having said that... In the absence of my body telling me that I need to get up and pee... I would rather sleep through the night and get my full rest. INTENTIONALLY waking up via an alarm clock in order to have a protein shake is old school... which I usually dig... however, in this case it just doesn't recognize the importance of sleep vs. such a thing.

    Drink a casein shake pre-bed and sleep as long as your bladder and schedule, kids, etc. will let you.
  17. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by shootmeagain
    The idea that if you don't pee in the middle of the night your organs will hate you, just doesn't make sense. As if a nighttime pee is going to make the difference while on AAS/PH.

    If you go to sleep... and wake up eight hours later... THEN pee. If you to go to sleep and wake up five hours later with a bladder telling you that you need to pee... THEN pee. For goodness sake. If you can't tell when to pee you either need rubber sheets on the bed or some Depends on.

    Having said that... In the absence of my body telling me that I need to get up and pee... I would rather sleep through the night and get my full rest. INTENTIONALLY waking up via an alarm clock in order to have a protein shake is old school... which I usually dig... however, in this case it just doesn't recognize the importance of sleep vs. such a thing.

    Drink a casein shake pre-bed and sleep as long as your bladder and schedule, kids, etc. will let you.

    LOL Dude you are not understanding. We are NOT saying that it has ANYTHING to do with actually going pee at night

    What we ARE saying is that if you are drinking ENOUGH water then you should be pissing every 1 to 2 hours while awake sooooooooooooooooooooo you if you are sleeping 8+ hours a night you WILL have to get up and pee, I don't care if your bladder is the size of your head.

    As was said before hey it is YOUR liver, kidneys etc if you want to do AS and not drink enough water we wont lose a wink of sleep over it.
  18. Registered User
    shootmeagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    476
    Rep Power
    362
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%

    Ahhh...

    Well, then... that makes more sense. However, I drink water like a dehydrated camel all day long and just taper off when it gets dark and towards bedtime. Usually I don't drink any in the last hour or so before bed (except for what it takes to mix my bedtime shake) and most often I do not wake up until I've slept my 8 hours.

    Still, I understand better what you're saying now.

    Maybe we should all get catheters so we can pee and sleep at the same time. LOL
  19. New Member
    g4ud1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    264
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    27.22%

    I rarely wake up to piss in the middle of the night, but in the morning it seems like I pee for like 2 minutes.
  20. Board Supporter
    scott72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    807
    Rep Power
    536
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    14.14%

    I always have to wake up once and pee during the night. Its like clockwork, always 4 hours into my sleep.
  21. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    54.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by shootmeagain
    Ahhh...

    Well, then... that makes more sense. However, I drink water like a dehydrated camel all day long and just taper off when it gets dark and towards bedtime. Usually I don't drink any in the last hour or so before bed (except for what it takes to mix my bedtime shake) and most often I do not wake up until I've slept my 8 hours.

    Still, I understand better what you're saying now.

    Maybe we should all get catheters so we can pee and sleep at the same time. LOL
    NOW you are being sick

    BUT I think I saw 1fast400 was going to start selling a combination catheter with a protein/prohormone IV unit
  22. Ziv
    Carlos Hath****
    Ziv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    160
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    18.93%

    Cool


    there is one nutritionist who told me that taking 2-3g of fish body oil or flaxseed and then small amount of oatmeal then plus whith your protein shake will give you the same effect like nightime protein. Don't know whether it works. Whats your opinion?
    I do it that way plus i take 1 g of fiber tab b4 i go to bed and keeping my gain pretty well.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Please help with labs in middle of pulse cycle
    By pickergr in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 11:55 AM
  2. Who eat's in the middle of the night
    By NADDANME in forum Bulking
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 04:09 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 03:47 PM
  4. Do you wake up in the middle of the night to drink a shake?
    By rake922 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 10:01 PM
  5. What do you eat in the middle of the night?
    By pcn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 09:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in