your thoughts

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Since my early teens ive been fat and have only been gaining well last August 22 at a weight of 391lbs I decided to do something about it for me and my son so I cleaned up my diet and started going to the gym first it was random bb workouts now its 5-3-1 which I love and now 1 year later im 233lbs and feeling much better

Now here comes the question I still have quite a bit of fat left on my legs and belly could I do a clean bulk and still lose my fat or is that impossible or sould I keep cutting then maintain for a bit then clean bulk any advice on helping with cut or bulk is welcome
Current weight is 233 5ft 10in
Age 31
Calories a day is about 2800
Diet clean higher fats on off days higher carbs workout days 4 times a week

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Lots of smart people on here anyone have anything?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've seen very respectable results from many with the concept that there is no need to cut or bulk over a period of time. You manipulate calories on "burn" days and "build" days. Intermittent Fasting and High Intensity Interval Training have changed the game a lot too. What I can tell you to never to do is to "cut" too much and lose all that hard-earned muscle. Nothing will lower your daily caloric needs like stripping the muscle off yourself.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I hear ya, a month a go I cut cals to 2100 for 3 weeks and all my lifts ive worked so hard at to increase tanked bad im still trying to get them back to where they were

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I was wondering if my approach is correct on my weight loss to I run my calories daily in a deficit at 2850 now on workout days I have my post workout shake that replaces all cals I worked off so I dont go into to much of a deficit it seems to work but could this way kill my strength too?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was wondering if my approach is correct on my weight loss to I run my calories daily in a deficit at 2850 now on workout days I have my post workout shake that replaces all cals I worked off so I dont go into to much of a deficit it seems to work but could this way kill my strength too?
Consider that year round, the majority of most athletes that want to maintain or build muscle, will keep their intake of protein consistent. And fats typically too. This just leaves carbs to be manipulated.
I can only tell you what has worked for me. I don't lose strength so long as I keep my pre AND post carb intake the same on lifting days. On cardio days, all bets are off IMO......

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you don't have myfitnesspal, please download now. And use daily.... :)

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thank for the help maybe thats where I mess up I change to much at once and I do log my food evey day on myfitnesspal

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Today was 264 pro 109 carb 25 of it fiber an 156 fat mainly oils and nut butters I dont eat gains atm just a personal choice I feel better not eating them low dairy mainly cheese mostly blue cheese really other then that all whole foods nothing possessed other then occasionally salad dressing which is also blue cheese lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Yea swift key screws me up. sometimes I reread my posts twice just to make sure it didn't mess it up

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just wanted to also give you some props for what you've already achieved. Very impressive.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks here are so before and after I didn't really notice a difference till I seen these cause u see yourself everyday

ForumRunner_20130826_063922.png

ForumRunner_20130826_063936.png

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So today I up my calories to 3000 and my protein to 1.35 per lbs and I'm going to keep it that per your advice just move carbs and fat depending on what day hope to see good results with this

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On "burn" days, drop those carbs nice and low. Through in some interval training along with whatever cardio regiment you've got going. Keep it up, bro...
I trained my sister and made sure weight training was priority but in order for her to lose 60 lbs, she had to do cardio and drop cals though.

Attachments

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
So my diet has gone to crap the passed few days been in the hospital eating cafeteria food but there is a plus I have a new baby girl :)

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I just want to say Congrats man! That is amazing work, and inspiring.

Congrats on the new baby too!

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Ty guys I can't believe how beautiful she is. best of all I know now that I will be around to beat her first boy friend lol

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Good thing this is a deloading week too I feel lazy thou just sitting here on the extra bed

gmanall

Awards
I don't know if you're still looking for answers but I'd prioritize your goals, do you have a idea of what your bodyfat % is? If it's over 18-20 I'd cut to about 12-15 and build from there. Recomping can be done but it's a much slower processes and requires on point diet and training. Plus being able to see the changes in your body is part of the fun but being at a higher BF will only make it harder to tell.