Fiber intake counted towards carbs

Sixpack

Awards
alright would like some opinions for me I am trying to hit the 400 carbs mark on a lean bulk etc, I do take in mostly oats, hulled barley, veggies and fruit (2-3pieces) per day. Do you guys suggest I count th fiber content in the carbs sources? I was looking at my log on fitday and if i don't count the fiber its going to be tough as hell to hit the 400 carb mark> Do you guys suggest I count it?

Also protein in grain soures do u guys count that or only from your whey, chicken, any type of meat or poultry source

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I count it. I also count the protien from grain sources. Even though its and 'incomplete' protien - you should be taking in enough amino's from meat, fish, whey, etc for your body to be able to use it to synthesize muscle tissue.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alright would like some opinions for me I am trying to hit the 400 carbs mark on a lean bulk etc, I do take in mostly oats, hulled barley, veggies and fruit (2-3pieces) per day. Do you guys suggest I count th fiber content in the carbs sources? I was looking at my log on fitday and if i don't count the fiber its going to be tough as hell to hit the 400 carb mark> Do you guys suggest I count it?

Also protein in grain soures do u guys count that or only from your whey, chicken, any type of meat or poultry source

You don't need to count the fiber as a carb. Fiber is not digested.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
You don't need to count the fiber as a carb. Fiber is not digested.
exactly. Soluble or insoluble doesn't matter either to my knowledge. It is not being absorbed and utilized such that it should be counted.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
May I suggest that you don't jump right into the 400 carbs but ramp up your eating. In the past I have made the mistake of deciding how many caloris I wanted in a bulk cycle and upped the calories quick only to gain fat quickly.

Next time I will start with say 80% of what I think I need, then see if I am gaining fast enough and if not ONLY up the calories then.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I count them all. Its still calories and it still performs different functions.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I count it. I also count the protien from grain sources. Even though its and 'incomplete' protien - you should be taking in enough amino's from meat, fish, whey, etc for your body to be able to use it to synthesize muscle tissue.
Being complete or incomplete has zero relevance how its used. Every protein source is deaminated when ingested.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Being complete or incomplete has zero relevance how its used. Every protein source is deaminated when ingested.
Thanks for the info

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep.

Nice Avatar.

Sixpack

Awards
Thanks guys no crowler I am not just jumping into it etc I am slowly upping them etc, damn so many opinions on here lol . Thanks guys