need to get diet in order before new cycle

pauly J

Awards
Advice please.

I have been working on building my calories and will be changing this around a bit, but at the moment i want to build the amount of times i eat during the day, so am aiming to eat about every hour or so, so i realise that there are probably too many grams of sat/fat and i am probably short on protein (i do have not used any supplements in this breakdown) however i am planning on introducing a protein supplement 2 to 3 times per day also which should add about 60 to 90 grams of protein.

At the moment:
4531 calories
213 g protein
450 g carbs
137 g fat (61g saturated, 46g unsaturated, balance mono)

I am 6 ft about 200 to 203 pounds, about 18% BF. been training for a while on a 5 day split, one BP per workout.

Looking to Gain more lean muscle and get diet in order before new cycle

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
if you switch the protein and carbs around, you should be happy. i would aim for at least 1.5grams of protein per lb of bodyweight.

whoohoo, my 1000th post.

pauly J

Awards
finding it tough to get the extra protein, hopefully when i start the protein drink that will help, maybe i should go for an extra shake or two on top of the proposed 2 or 3.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I would eat natural, no more than a couple shakes per day. I agree, eating 450 of protien a day would make me puke but I try to at least get 300grams of protein a day in and I am 210lbs.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
finding it tough to get the extra protein, hopefully when i start the protein drink that will help, maybe i should go for an extra shake or two on top of the proposed 2 or 3.
you only need 300 grams to reach the 1.5grams per lb ratio. it shouldn't that hard to add an extra 87 grams of protein to your everyday diet. 6 meals at 50 grams each, easy.