Big plans for summer... Cut fat or keep bulking?

Ulam25

Awards
Hey guys... New to the forum, but read all the time. I'm currently two weeks into an ABE/Erase Pro/DAA stack... Bulking. I have three vacations in July in a row... And I can't figure out if I should start cutting for the beach, or just not give a **** and keep bulking, sulking the gains of vacation food(only will be able to lift on first vacation).

I'm going to Mexico for a week(all inclusive including alcohol and food), then the outer banks for a week(no lifting, but can run), then England, Ireland, Scotland for 12 days(beer and pub food with no lifting or running).

Currently weigh 185 at 6'3" 19 years old. Got insane strength gains already from my stack, but dunno what the best plan should be for these upcoming vacations. Let me know what you guys think. Ill post a picture tmrw morning.

Ulam25

Awards
P.s. drinking at minimum in Europe, but in Mexico I plan on drinking pretty often as its my senior trip and I'm under legal age in U.S.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
how the hell do you plan on bulking without exercise? you think those pills will do it for you or somethin? and why are you a senior in high school at 19?

Ulam25

Awards
I lift 5 days a week... And I'm 19 because I started school one year later.
FYI I did not get held back. I am in the 99th percentile in my class; given a full ride to university of pittsburgh.

Ulam25

Awards
My question is, using my current 5 day split for the next 6 weeks, should I bulk or cut before my month of vacation? I don't know if I should cut so that my weight gain isn't so huge on vacation, or if I should just bulk bulk bulk through summer.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
I'd probably keep on bulking if I were you. I've started vacation and my diet is off a bit so I decided to keep the bulk up throughout the year lol. Just don't over do it and you'll be fine

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
then England, Ireland, Scotland for 12 days(beer and pub food with no lifting or running).
I've been to Ireland and Mexico both, IMO, drink in Ireland England and Scotland if you have to pick one. The legal age is 18 there too and they have some of the best beers in the world. When your in Ireland, get Bulmers Irish Cider, its impossible to find in the states but its by far my favorite thing to drink with a meal or socially. Mexico - cheap tequila, corona, tecate, dos equis v Ireland - Guinness, Jameson, Smithwicks, Bulmers, countless others far superior to what you'll get in Mexico.

...I can't wait to go back to Ireland someday.

Ulam25

Awards
I've been to Ireland and Mexico both, IMO, drink in Ireland England and Scotland if you have to pick one. The legal age is 18 there too and they have some of the best beers in the world. When your in Ireland, get Bulmers Irish Cider, its impossible to find in the states but its by far my favorite thing to drink with a meal or socially. Mexico - cheap tequila, corona, tecate, dos equis v Ireland - Guinness, Jameson, Smithwicks, Bulmers, countless others far superior to what you'll get in Mexico.

...I can't wait to go back to Ireland someday.
That's a good idea because I want some fresh Guinness right out of the brewery!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's a good idea because I want some fresh Guinness right out of the brewery!
Literally the best thing you can imagine. The moment I got that free pint at the top of the guinness factory overlooking dublin on oneside and the countryside on the other was one of the best moments of my life.

Ulam25

Awards
Literally the best thing you can imagine. The moment I got that free pint at the top of the guinness factory overlooking dublin on oneside and the countryside on the other was one of the best moments of my life.
That sounds like heaven. You're the same height as me but 210... How long have you been training?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Off and on since freshman year of highschool, so 7-8 years total (played basketball and baseball all through high school with mediocre at best weight training). Been weight training consistently for 2 years. I was about your size at 19 too, then freshman year of college I got up to 230 (not a good 230 by my standards either). I wanna cut down to 195-200 for summer here (currently at 210) and then slow lean bulk once fall hits til next spring and try and be a solid 210-215.

As far as you go, EAT lift and sleep as I wish I would have realized those were the most important things back in high school because I really could've done a lot more if I would've had the knowledge/information easily available to you through this forum. Props to you for seeking this forum out because of an eagerness to learn.

Ulam25

Awards
Off and on since freshman year of highschool, so 7-8 years total (played basketball and baseball all through high school with mediocre at best weight training). Been weight training consistently for 2 years. I was about your size at 19 too, then freshman year of college I got up to 230 (not a good 230 by my standards either). I wanna cut down to 195-200 for summer here (currently at 210) and then slow lean bulk once fall hits til next spring and try and be a solid 210-215.

As far as you go, EAT lift and sleep as I wish I would have realized those were the most important things back in high school because I really could've done a lot more if I would've had the knowledge/information easily available to you through this forum. Props to you for seeking this forum out because of an eagerness to learn.
You have a great story to tell. I was thinking about doing that this summer/fall/winter: just bulk up in freshman year of college and accept the fat gains and eventually cut... Because my past-fat-kid self doesn't let me gain too much fat before I stop a bulk, therefore my progress goes no where... So I should probably listen to your experience.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You have a great story to tell. I was thinking about doing that this summer/fall/winter: just bulk up in freshman year of college and accept the fat gains and eventually cut... Because my past-fat-kid self doesn't let me gain too much fat before I stop a bulk, therefore my progress goes no where... So I should probably listen to your experience.
That would be my #1 recommendation to anyone going to their freshman year of college. Just eat the **** out of the caf food and lift hard as hell. I only had one part of the equation down which was eat the **** out of the caf food. I really regret not using all those kcals as a way to put on some QUALITY mass by lifting hard/steady.

Ulam25

Awards
Sounds like a great plan jswain. Plus I have no problem cutting for awhile if I gain too much, the hard part is getting the muscle on and I know college will be a great chance to build muscle