Casein...

ineedprotein

ineedprotein

Awards
Just been reading around here, and for the first time ive heard **** reviews about casein.
Opinions?
Ive been using it on a bulk and now while im cutting..shouldn't it spare muscle breakdown??

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
The whole "consume casein before bed" thing is broscience. It's protein - some people prefer it to regular whey, and that's fine. Consume it if you want to, but it's not superior to whey or blends by any means.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
The whole "consume casein before bed" thing is broscience. It's protein - some people prefer it to regular whey, and that's fine. Consume it if you want to, but it's not superior to whey or blends by any means.
Doesn't it just break down slower than whey because of the gel it forms? I know if I leave the residue in a glass or on a spoon it's a bear to get off.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Casein is a marketing gimmick as far as im concerned...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Exactly. I think beef is a pretty slow digesting protein....
A simple cup of cottage cheese and glass of milk surpasses casein in every aspect

arthurfonz

arthurfonz

Awards
Exactly. I think beef is a pretty slow digesting protein....
So you gonna eat beef every night before you go to bed? Pfffft. Dont listen to these guys. Muscle growth primarily occurs when you sleep, so you need a constant supply of protein throughout this growth period and casein is the best at providing this.
I use casein and i think it works great. I recommend it during not only in your bulk but throughout your training.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you gonna eat beef every night before you go to bed? Pfffft. Dont listen to these guys. Muscle growth primarily occurs when you sleep, so you need a constant supply of protein throughout this growth period and casein is the best at providing this.
I use casein and i think it works great. I recommend it during not only in your bulk but throughout your training.
That's a load of bollocks. Casein has a high incidence of allergy and the constant amino blah, blah, blah is parroting without any merit. Much like insulin, MPS is best in bolus'.

arthurfonz

arthurfonz

Awards
Um, yes?

9oz 96/4 hamburger, 1tbsp natty PB. Every. Freakin. Night.
That must cost a lot, and take up a lot of time to cook every night. Whereas casein is more effective, is cheaper and quicker to consume.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That must cost a lot, and take up a lot of time to cook every night. Whereas casein is more effective, is cheaper and quicker to consume.
I plan for it, so it's no issue for me.

Whole foods (I.e. absence of shakes) provides me with a more complete micronutrient profile, I feel more satiated, and I've historically seen better progress.

Quick & easy isn't always the best.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eating leftovers is free and easy. It's more cost effective to cook and eat whole foods than to buy protein monthly. Sometimes I don't even take protein powder because I've met my intake from whole foods. No dent in my wallet.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whole foods aren't very "bro", bro.

ineedprotein

ineedprotein

Awards
Thing is, ive been using it and i feel pretty good about it.
Cheaper than cottage cheese
Just over 100 calories
And easier than drinking a litre of milk every night.
But milk is 80% casein why is casein shat on so much more??

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Because of the claims. To each is there own but id rather skip a scoop of powder and eat my cottage cheese....

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
Lmfao