how do i know if im holding water?

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
i hear this phrase alot "water weight" "holding water" etc..... how will I know if i fall in this category? any tell tale signs?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your human. You are supposed to hold water. If you really need to shed water weight I'm guessing your low bodyfat. Otherwise just worry about total fatloss.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
i hear this phrase alot "water weight" "holding water" etc..... how will I know if i fall in this category? any tell tale signs?
Normally, without using any AAS, the body will regulate it's water as it sees fit. High carbohydrate consumption makes cells hold more water. But if you have a balanced diet, you need not worry.
Now, drinking much more water will push water out of your system and reduce bloat. The body will tend to bloat when dehydrated as it hangs on to all the water it can. Fluids push fluids.
If using AAS or other hormonal manipulation, water bloat will be increased via Estrogen and or Prolactin levels.
Hope that helps

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
that's good to hear because I've been drinking alot more water.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
unless you're already fairly lean you won't notice water retention save for severe cases where your joints swell up like a pregnant ladies had that happen once with tren my feet and calves ballooned up couldn't get my shoes on. it sucked

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In regards to the posts saying drink more to hold less water, why is it that precontest typically water intake is cut to bare minimum the final few days? Just curious because my water retention is driving me a bit crazy. Up and down daily and my diet is consistent. Sodium also tracked and held steady at 2400 mg daily. Been drinking 6-7 liters daily recently to no effect.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
In regards to the posts saying drink more to hold less water, why is it that precontest typically water intake is cut to bare minimum the final few days? Just curious because my water retention is driving me a bit crazy. Up and down daily and my diet is consistent. Sodium also tracked and held steady at 2400 mg daily. Been drinking 6-7 liters daily recently to no effect.
Because you want to be damn near dehydrated. Dry. Unhealthy example though. As for sodium. Why so low? You aren't one of those people affraid of sodium are you? For the average adult with little to no exercise 2400 mg is fine..but for someone who trains like we do the reccomendation goes out the window as do the daily vitamins recommendation.. I'm at damn near 5400 mg sodium.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Because you want to be damn near dehydrated. Dry. Unhealthy example though. As for sodium. Why so low? You aren't one of those people affraid of sodium are you? For the average adult with little to no exercise 2400 mg is fine..but for someone who trains like we do the reccomendation goes out the window as do the daily vitamins recommendation.. I'm at damn near 5400 mg sodium.
Ya basically it is goes from over hydrating your body to trick it into thinking you need flush it out and not adding any to appear dry.

High sodium and high water should have you good to go. High sodium will be bad if you are not getting enough water and vice versa.