23yo girl wants a 6pack - help!

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
Hi everyone -

I have a goal to achieve a 6 pack!

I'm 5'3, 160cms, 58kgs and 17% body fat but feel as though I can't get that last bit gone!

I have been eating a diet of around 1350 calories for about 6 months time with very few carbs! (Less than 10%) as instruction of my trainer.... Doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try?

Attachments

Thatguy_603

Awards
Dam!
Could try changing up ur diet for a few weeks.

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
Dam!
Could try changing up ur diet for a few weeks.
What you think?

I fear if I add carbs ill just gain weight but then again surely eating only 1300cal and little to no carbs isn't healthy!

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
Yeah that's what I'm thinking -

Just wondering if people think 1350 cal per day with less than 10% carbs sounds right? I train 6 times a week - combo of hiit and weights.

theOCdude

theOCdude

Awards
What you think?

I fear if I add carbs ill just gain weight but then again surely eating only 1300cal and little to no carbs isn't healthy!
Do u do refeeds cause ur metabolism might be shot.

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
I've been on this plan since January. I've had some weekends where I've eaten crap I should t have but other than that I generally stick to the calorie intake and carb restriction...

Am getting to the point where it's just annoying and I know there must be another way to stay lean and healthy!

OHlympia

OHlympia

Awards
Yeah that's what I'm thinking -

Just wondering if people think 1350 cal per day with less than 10% carbs sounds right? I train 6 times a week - combo of hiit and weights.
I would say you need to add in some carbs for sure, Long Term keto is not good, What do your macros look like right now?

Also, how many days weights and how many days HIT? I might stop the HIT as well and go to a fast walk (4.0 or so) to put your heart rate more in your Target heart rate and just do 35-45 minutes instead of HIT for a little while too?

But give me a little more on what your eating and your macros and we can go from there.

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
Macros are 10% carbs, 45% fat, 45% protein.

Keep in mind I'm just listening to a trainer....

OHlympia

OHlympia

Awards
Macros are 10% carbs, 45% fat, 45% protein.

Keep in mind I'm just listening to a trainer....
Well not that I don't want to sound like I'm saying that your trainer doesn't know what he/she knows what and how to get you where you want to go but if its not working its time for a change.

A.) what kind of background does your trainer have?

B.) Does your body respond poorly to carbs? Do you get bloated and gain weight easily?

C.) Have you been doing 10% carbs for 6 Months?

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
Pretty sure my trainer is a one trick pony - nothing special or over qualified. (Cert 4)

Been on this particular diet since January.

I don't respond badly to the good carbs like potato rice quinoa and oats etc

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Imo you should up the carbs a bit and lower the fat. Make sure you drink plenty of water too. Looks like you are not far away from your goal. You obviously have some disipline. Thnx for the pics!

OHlympia

OHlympia

Awards
Pretty sure my trainer is a one trick pony - nothing special or over qualified. (Cert 4)

Been on this particular diet since January.

I don't respond badly to the good carbs like potato rice quinoa and oats etc
Ok, If you were my client,

I would have you do 4 days long, 30-45 minutes of fast paced cardio (in your THR) and do 2 days HIT

Then add in a little carbs, maybe just 20% Carbs, 45% protein, 35% fats.

Take in the Carbs in the AM then post workout, other then that keep everything else as directed by your trainer and see how your body responds to that.

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
Okay sounds good to me! Love carbs and not having them is taking a massive amount of discipline! So still sticking to 1350 calories is not gonna screw my metabolism?

murk01

murk01

Awards
r u keeping track with a cal tracker. 10% carbs--are u keeping ur carbs under 40gm a day? keto is really good for a quick drop in body fat. if your not really doing keto do it. if u want to speed it up use ECA or clen(clen is fuked up).

to be honest ur belly looks great. ur bf is low. more development might be the issue if ur looking for a 6 pack. in that case. do keto + fasted cardio + ECA 2-3week. then bump up carbs drop fat and do tons of core.

stablize ur diet inbetween

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
Pretty sure I can't get ECA here in Australia (from what I know)

Will try bumping up the carbs and changing the cardio + heavier core work!!

Thanks for all the good advise guys! Ill have a 6 pack in no time if I keep trying I'm sure :)

OHlympia

OHlympia

Awards
Pretty sure I can't get ECA here in Australia (from what I know)

Will try bumping up the carbs and changing the cardio + heavier core work!!

Thanks for all the good advise guys! Ill have a 6 pack in no time if I keep trying I'm sure :)
as Murk said another option would be fasted cardio (I take BCAA before but no food) I usually only do this precontest but it would help if the longer carido doesn't work.

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
Thanks! Awesome information and will def give it all a go!

Goodnight :)

JBVA

JBVA

Awards
Before I say anything, you look great already. I see you mentioned that you were going to do it, but up to this point, have you tried weighted core work, such as weighted sit-ups or cable crunches? It may be beneficial for you to try that and some squats perhaps. Hell, even dead lifts. Anything with weight that will engage your core. Stuff like that will help overall as well.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interested to see how this turns out. Look great as is.

mik14

mik14

Awards
Hey OP, I recently been doing simulator diet very low carb great results since January then I plateaued, I found what definitely help as JBVA said above weighted crunches and core exercise defiantly bring out the shape in tummy although your tummy looks awesome!

I found by taking a complete 7days off from dieting to eat what I wanted by throwing in carbs and the odd white rice or pasta was enough to reset my body back to fat burning. I'm 2 weeks back into dieting and seeing results again, you may just need to reset your metabolism! You don't want your body to think its normal to survive on limited carbs & low calories!

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
I haven't done fasted cardio for about a month now as I hit the plateau about 2 months ago. Since then I've maintained the same
Body fat with some muscle gains.

Worked on going heavier on abs yesterday and yep this morning they are burning! Haven't had this feeling for a while.

Weighted ab crunches (machine) 5 x 20
Hanging leg raises 5 x 10
Cable crunches 3 x 20
Decline twists + 5kg 5 x 20

This is the workout I put myself through yesterday - much different than what I usually do with trainer.

Will add a couple of days of fasted cardio in 2-3 days a week + bump carbs to 20% and I think ill feel great. - another thing I was considering was a carb cycle eating plan.

murk01

murk01

Awards
carb up on work out days. no carbs on off days. carb cycling is really great for gains.
u might just need more ab development.
u ever look up lean gains? did it a while back dropped a ton of weight

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Imo you should up the carbs a bit and lower the fat. Make sure you drink plenty of water too. Looks like you are not far away from your goal. You obviously have some disipline. Thnx for the pics!
Completely agree, if what your doing isn't creating the results you want, switch it up a little bit, these guys have some great ideas. To me though, your not far from that sixer!

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
carb up on work out days. no carbs on off days. carb cycling is really great for gains.
u might just need more ab development.
u ever look up lean gains? did it a while back dropped a ton of weight
Ah yes intermittent fasting - done quite a bit of reading on it - looks great but nothing I could maintain I don't think! Maybe ill try it when I get desperate

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
Completely agree, if what your doing isn't creating the results you want, switch it up a little bit, these guys have some great ideas. To me though, your not far from that sixer!
A bit of a shadow six pack at the moment haha. Almost but not quite

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
The anabolic diet is good! No carbs for 13 days then you add carbs back in for two days then its 5 no cabs and 2 carbs check it out

murk01

murk01

Awards
cool just keep posting weekly progress pics !

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
Count calories , stick to a safe macronutrient ratio, cut out 100 calories from your calories if you don't lose 1-1.5 lbs at the end of the week.

It's easier than bulking correctly.

Deduct your calories from fats and carbs 70% carbs 30% fats. This is what works best for most people.

Regarding training, keep doing what you have been doing and lifting heavy.

That's the cookie cutter response that everyone should reply when people make these threads.

Cheers.

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
Count calories , stick to a safe macronutrient ratio, cut out 100 calories from your calories if you don't lose 1-1.5 lbs at the end of the week.

It's easier than bulking correctly.

Deduct your calories from fats and carbs 70% carbs 30% fats. This is what works best for most people.

Regarding training, keep doing what you have been doing and lifting heavy.

That's the cookie cutter response that everyone should reply when people make these threads.

Cheers.
Thanks for your input Adonis - it certainly makes sense!

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
Thanks for your input Adonis - it certainly makes sense!
No problem! My girlfriend wanted to get cut and this is what I structured her diet like. She looks better than before and has her abs back :)

missesmonique

missesmonique

Awards
r u keeping track with a cal tracker. 10% carbs--are u keeping ur carbs under 40gm a day? keto is really good for a quick drop in body fat. if your not really doing keto do it. if u want to speed it up use ECA or clen(clen is fuked up).

to be honest ur belly looks great. ur bf is low. more development might be the issue if ur looking for a 6 pack. in that case. do keto + fasted cardio + ECA 2-3week. then bump up carbs drop fat and do tons of core.

stablize ur diet inbetween
I agree with the Keto suggestion. Also do you do weight training with your abs? It definitely helps to add some resistance on some of your ab workouts instead of regular crunches. Not sure what type of ab work your trainer may be doing with you, but I love using a medicine ball with crunches, side bends with a weight, etc. When do you eat? The timing of your meals around your workouts can also have an impact on the results you're looking for.

TexasGuy

Awards
You're lean enough to show. Build visible muscle.

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
The anabolic diet is good! No carbs for 13 days then you add carbs back in for two days then its 5 no cabs and 2 carbs check it out
Hey larry just coming back to this post and am keen to give it a go. Will spend some time researching it today - do you have any good links or advice regarding this diet!

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
Hey larry just coming back to this post and am keen to give it a go. Will spend some time researching it today - do you have any good links or advice regarding this diet!
Mot really, I guess Google it, :) I am doing the lean gains/ IF diet right now. You eat for 8 and fast for 16!

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
How are you going with that? Sounds pretty tough!
It's not that bad, it sucks when I drink a shake at 10pm then can't eat until 2pm! Lol but I try to stop eating 7pm then start back at 11am! :) but it gets easier and it seems to be working.

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
Ah he's 7- 11 with no food seems easier!! Do you follow certain macros during your feeding time?

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
Ah he's 7- 11 with no food seems easier!! Do you follow certain macros during your feeding time?
Yeah kind of 40/40/20 carbs/protein/ fat but! I don't follow it to the T! Lol I eat like twice and drink two shakes. Train like crazy! In workout 6 to 7 days a week. I train While fasting at 730-9 then can't eat in some days until 2! Lol

pixiethree

pixiethree

Awards
The thought of not being hungry appeals to me! Im always hungry.