Thanks
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.53%

Quote Originally Posted by pixiethree View Post

Hey larry just coming back to this post and am keen to give it a go. Will spend some time researching it today - do you have any good links or advice regarding this diet!
    Mot really, I guess Google it, :-) I am doing the lean gains/ IF diet right now. You eat for 8 and fast for 16!
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

How are you going with that? Sounds pretty tough!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.53%

How are you going with that? Sounds pretty tough!
    It's not that bad, it sucks when I drink a shake at 10pm then can't eat until 2pm! Lol but I try to stop eating 7pm then start back at 11am! :-) but it gets easier and it seems to be working.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

Ah he's 7- 11 with no food seems easier!! Do you follow certain macros during your feeding time?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.53%

Ah he's 7- 11 with no food seems easier!! Do you follow certain macros during your feeding time?
    Yeah kind of 40/40/20 carbs/protein/ fat but! I don't follow it to the T! Lol I eat like twice and drink two shakes. Train like crazy! In workout 6 to 7 days a week. I train While fasting at 730-9 then can't eat in some days until 2! Lol
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

Ah that sounds like hell haha!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.53%

Ah that sounds like hell haha!
    Lol it's not really, it's strange because your not really hungry lol
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

The thought of not being hungry appeals to me! Im always hungry.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.53%

The thought of not being hungry appeals to me! Im always hungry.
    Yeah, it works! Like I get hungry after not eating for 16 hours but then I have to make myself eat the other meals.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.73%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

12 hours is long enough for me. Can't comprehend how I used to think 16 was ok.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

12 hours would be easy - 7pm/7am.
  14. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%

I'm going to interject here Pixie and ask about a few things first.

1. How is your sleep?
    2. How is you post workout nutrition?
    3. How is your gut flora and liver function?
    4. Do you consume gluten?
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

Quote Originally Posted by EBF_2356 View Post
    I'm going to interject here Pixie and ask about a few things first.

1. How is your sleep?
    2. How is you post workout nutrition?
    3. How is your gut flora and liver function?
    4. Do you consume gluten?
    1. I sleep a about 8hours a night. No problems
    2. I have a protein shake with carbs post workout
    3. I work on alkalising with greens and plenty of water
    4. Generally avoid wheat/gluten and dairy

I guess I'm getting great results just get sick of the same thing. Need to keep it interesting!!
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'5"  128 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

1. I sleep a about 8hours a night. No problems
    2. I have a protein shake with carbs post workout
    3. I work on alkalising with greens and plenty of water
    4. Generally avoid wheat/gluten and dairy

I guess I'm getting great results just get sick of the same thing. Need to keep it interesting!!
    Subbed. Will be interested to see how u mix it up pixie
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

This was my transformation in 8 weeks. In both pictures I weigh 58kg. Perfect reminder why the scales really are nothing to go by. Hit a plateau and went backwards for a bit after that but am seeing some really good results once again!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

^^^ above post for michelle82 xx
  19. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.55%

omai
  20. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

My suggestion, look at re feeds and add in intervals 2 times per week.

Start at 5 mins warm up, 10 mins SOLID work, 5 cooldown and increase each week by 2 minutes of work.

You using fish oil?

My supp advice, use fish oil, magnesium, zinc and vitamin d3. Try for 1 month with Sprints added in and message me and let me know. I will be very surprised if you don't lean up doing what I just mentioned
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.53%

Looks line your doing fine, it just takes a awhile
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

carb loading will do the trick

Hi the issue is your body is holding onto the last bit of fat because it has adjusted to what your intake has been for 6 months, do carb loading so that on your heavy days bump up the carbs to 20%, medium days 15 and low days drop to 5%...it's important to do this so your body is thrown for a loop and it allows your body the extra carbs it needs to repair itself, make sure you get those extra carbs after your workouts so they absorb and don't turn to fat as well. If you nee dmore info let me know but that should take car of it.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.33%

Hi everyone -

I have a goal to achieve a 6 pack!

I'm 5'3, 160cms, 58kgs and 17% body fat but feel as though I can't get that last bit gone!

I have been eating a diet of around 1350 calories for about 6 months time with very few carbs! (Less than 10%) as instruction of my trainer.... Doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try?
    Hi.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Hi there. You need to cycle your carbs.
    have hi carb days and low carb days. And try to go two days out of the week with no carbs. (No starches)
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.22%

Women generally need more carbs than men, and by doing this for a long period of time you're likely slowing down your thyroid and effecting your other hormones. I think you can achieve more definition, but if you're going for the ripped 6 pack look that you see women on magazines sporting, you'll need to understand that they are likely photoshopped, and definitely on exogenous hormones.

Your body is going to try its damnedest to hang on to that last bit of body fat, as when you drop too low it's going to change your hormones and likely cause fertility problems, biologically speaking being fertile is the most important thing. There is a direct correlation with female gymnast and delayed puberty due to low body fat.

Simply put, a highly defined six pack is not going to be healthy for you, I hadn't seen anyone point that out so I thought it'd mention it.

Maybe you should look into carb back loading, and see if maybe that would help you drop a bit lower, it'll definitely be healthier for you than a sustained keto diet.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.73%

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar0 View Post
    Women generally need more carbs than men, and by doing this for a long period of time you're likely slowing down your thyroid and effecting your other hormones. I think you can achieve more definition, but if you're going for the ripped 6 pack look that you see women on magazines sporting, you'll need to understand that they are likely photoshopped, and definitely on exogenous hormones.

Your body is going to try its damnedest to hang on to that last bit of body fat, as when you drop too low it's going to change your hormones and likely cause fertility problems, biologically speaking being fertile is the most important thing. There is a direct correlation with female gymnast and delayed puberty due to low body fat.

Simply put, a highly defined six pack is not going to be healthy for you, I hadn't seen anyone point that out so I thought it'd mention it.

Maybe you should look into carb back loading, and see if maybe that would help you drop a bit lower, it'll definitely be healthier for you than a sustained keto diet.
    I don't see why women would need more carbs. In fact I would suggest women have less carbs. Not as much muscle to soak up the carbs. I like carb back loading but wouldn't suggest it to most females. Looks like she could test it out but would have to keep a watchful eye or else could gain fat back. I like the idea of ultra low carb doing 12 hour fast skipping breakfast with large weekly refeeds lasting 6 hours.
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I don't see why women would need more carbs. In fact I would suggest women have less carbs. Not as much muscle to soak up the carbs. I like carb back loading but wouldn't suggest it to most females. Looks like she could test it out but would have to keep a watchful eye or else could gain fat back. I like the idea of ultra low carb doing 12 hour fast skipping breakfast with large weekly refeeds lasting 6 hours.
    I am speaking from a hormonal and health standpoint.

I would at least suggest checking basel body temperature upon waking daily, as well as throughout the day and keeping a record of it. Consistent low basel body temp can indicate a thyroid issue or not enough calories. Large swings in basel temp could potentially indicate adrenal fatigue and large swings in cortisol.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You look great and your body fat is low. If you want a 6 pack I think the reason you haven't got one is the muscle just isn't there. In order to build a strong core you will probably need to do some heavy lifting; squats, deadlifts, kettlebells and so on. Check out Girls Gone Strong and in particular Neghar Fonooni.

http://www.youtube.com/user/negf03
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.47%

This was my transformation in 8 weeks. In both pictures I weigh 58kg. Perfect reminder why the scales really are nothing to go by. Hit a plateau and went backwards for a bit after that but am seeing some really good results once again!!
    Girl, you're a huge inspiration. I'll hit my cardio session even harder and think about your awesome transformation. Thank you for sharing, you look gorgeous!! Wow....
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.47%

^^^ above post for michelle82 xx
    Thank you dear, you look gorgeous!
  31. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.55%

Good afternoon, ladies
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.37%

Squat. Heavy! Learn how from a powerlifter. Women are hardwired for endurance so endless cardio simply downregulates your metabolism as an adaptation response. Women also have a tendency to stay away from good ol' fashioned compound lifting on an unfounded fear of getting bulky, which is absurd and nigh impossible unless AAS are used ... Not to mention that powerlifting squats will make your butt bigger and rounder, which is awesome. And super hot.Skip the endless rep/set schemes in the muscle comics and just focus on getting stronger in the basics (squat, bench press, deadlift, overhead press, chin ups), with a little consistency you won't believe how awesome you will look in a short amount of time. You look really lean as you are, please be wary of getting leaner as you run a very high risk losing your hair, reproductive ability, etc. Strong females are soooo sexy, especially if they keep enough fat to maintain the curves that make them women FWIW I have had some great success using kettlebell complexes to gain muscle, lose fat and get a hell of a lot stronger... So much so that my wife is using a similar protocol from the same author... It's only been 1.5 weeks and I'm already complaining that her yoga pants aren't as tight lol, but I definitely ain't griping about how her bootyus awesumus region is shaping up...Also,realize that long term caloric restriction will hinder your efforts, and that eating and training for strength will pay the best dividends long term. Here's a simple formula: eat the bulk of your calories on training days, after your training. Eat starchy carbs after your most intense training sessions. Avoid fats when eating high carb, except with a cheat meal (or cheat day) which is when you should eat whatever the hell you want and enjoy every last bite without guilt of any kind. On non training days, just eat proteins and veggies. Get plenty of fish oil and moderate amounts of EVOO and virgin coconut oil.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.91%

Surprised no one has said it yet, but your metabolism is damaged. Your trainer right now is garbage, find another one ( I suggest @shreddedbyscience on Instagram, knowledgeable and probably WAY cheaper than what you're paying now). Your macros should NEVER be calculated by a % of your total calories. In active individuals, fat/ protein requirements are based off of your body composition, not how many calories you eat in a day. You should also have been given a set refeed macro plan that is separate from your daily macros, and a specific interval in which to have your refeeds.

The fact that your trainer did none of this pisses me off.. Too many idiots getting certified and calling themselves experts while ignoring facts like metabolic damage.

If you find a decent trainer, they will slowly step up your calories in the form of carbs and fat, essentially repairing your metabolism. You'll start losing weight again while eating more food than you are now, crazy huh? Good luck!
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

My suggestion, look at re feeds and add in intervals 2 times per week.

Start at 5 mins warm up, 10 mins SOLID work, 5 cooldown and increase each week by 2 minutes of work.

You using fish oil?

My supp advice, use fish oil, magnesium, zinc and vitamin d3. Try for 1 month with Sprints added in and message me and let me know. I will be very surprised if you don't lean up doing what I just mentioned
    Am taking all those except for zinc. Hit a plateau so felt things needed to be changed up a bit thanks for your advice.
  35. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%

Also look into panethine to minimise conversion of testosterone (yes women need some test to build muscle which in turn burns fat) to cortisol.
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

Also look into panethine to minimise conversion of testosterone (yes women need some test to build muscle which in turn burns fat) to cortisol.
    Hey again - ill have a look into it.

I had alot of blood work done recently which came back with high testosterone, slightly sluggish adrenals and thyroid and vit d deficient.

Started taking vit d, iodine/selenium, magnesium and vit c....

Will test again in a few months....
  37. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%

Ok.

Its good you got bloods done. They are hell expensive here in Sydney.

Look into Rhodiola from woolworths (chill pill).

Stay away from caffiene also. Lower abs in usually chronic elevation of cortisol which also decreases insulin sensitivity meaning more love handles.

Train heavy, sprint, be smart with carbs, keep protein and fats in range, sleep and take your basic Supps as listed

Also, SLEEP
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

Yes the staying away from caffeine is the tough one haha!!
  39. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.65%

Ok.

Its good you got bloods done. They are hell expensive here in Sydney.

Look into Rhodiola from woolworths (chill pill).

Stay away from caffiene also. Lower abs in usually chronic elevation of cortisol which also decreases insulin sensitivity meaning more love handles.

Train heavy, sprint, be smart with carbs, keep protein and fats in range, sleep and take your basic Supps as listed

Also, SLEEP
    I drink coffee every day and take jack3d which also contains caffeine. Have you heard of clenbuterol? You'll get your six pack I guarantee haha
  40. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%

Quote Originally Posted by TEH253 View Post
    I drink coffee every day and take jack3d which also contains caffeine. Have you heard of clenbuterol? You'll get your six pack I guarantee haha
    you have much to learn youngling...

this is some of the most irresponsible advice I have seen. not to me, but in this thread because the OP SHOULD NOT consider the banned substance. Yes it is very good but the problems it gives with it's long half life are not worth the temptation.

PLUS the OP is a lady. NEGGED REPS for you bud. sorry to be blunt but this information can land someone else, let alone you, in the ER at Hospital.
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN

Similar Forum Threads

1. wtf girls want nice guys? HUH?
    By fmfws185 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 09:12 PM
  2. help with wanting to order help plz ??
    By Gym4Life in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 01:21 AM
  3. OK guys and girls...MY SIS NEEDS HELP
    By Polish_Oak in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 08:56 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 08:52 AM
  5. HELP! Iím Weak as a Girl!
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1