Cutting help - AnabolicMinds.com

Cutting help

1. New Member
    Answers

Cutting help

I am 24 years old and have been lifting for sports (football and baseball) since sometime in high school. Once I finished my baseball career last year I decided to take lifting to a more serious level. My goal is to eventually enter a physique competition.

I currently weigh 188 lbs and am 6'. I wanted to try a more structured lifting program instead of doing my own thing so I recently finished Kris Gethin's 12 week program and lost about 6 lbs. I hit a plateau with my weight loss and my problem is my diet. I track my macros and try to eat 188g protein, 113g carbs, and 33g fat which is about 1500 calories. Now I'm still lifting 4-5 days per week but a little more intense than I was lifting with Gethin's program.

I know I probably need more calories right? I want to get on a more structured nutrition plan to get me in the right direction and to help me with splitting my meals up more efficiently. Can anyone help me with some sort of plan or help with my macros or anything?

Thanks a lot

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

this is gonna sound stupid and counter productive, but eat more. youre barely eating enough calories for your brain to function correctly, let alone the rest of your body. id say start somwhere around 2500 cals and eiher work down from there, or let the workouts do the weight loss for you

and you have a decent macro split. plenty of protein. id say focus more cals on fat and protein and try to keep your carbs around where theyre at now

3. New Member
    Answers

Alright thanks. Originally I was taking in 1800 calories because I found my BMR to be like 2030 so I wanted to take in less calories than I burned. Then I wasn't getting much results so I tried dropping down to 1500 and now I guess my body is kind of in starvation mode?

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

well you probly got your bmr right, but you didnt add in the effects of moderate exercise. it should be around x1.35 or so, meaning your real bmr is closer to 2700 as long as you "exercise lightly"

and yes, even 5days/week still counts as "light" work

i wouldnt go as far as saying youre going into starvation mode because its pretty fukin hard to actually get there lol. id say its more about the effects on cortisol that come with a diet that low in calories. youll never lose the last bit of lower stomach fat with high cortisol levels

5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    well you probly got your bmr right, but you didnt add in the effects of moderate exercise. it should be around x1.35 or so, meaning your real bmr is closer to 2700 as long as you "exercise lightly"

and yes, even 5days/week still counts as "light" work

i wouldnt go as far as saying youre going into starvation mode because its pretty fukin hard to actually get there lol. id say its more about the effects on cortisol that come with a diet that low in calories. youll never lose the last bit of lower stomach fat with high cortisol levels
    I agree with the bmr thing. Take it from me...a Guy at 3700 calories a day which only trains 4 days a week
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Answers

I wish I knew my BMR better. I don't trust those online calculators.
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html

7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

your tdee is the one to pay attention to. its trial and error to really dial it in
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    your tdee is the one to pay attention to. its trial and error to really dial it in
    Yah, I guess I just want to know what my tdee is on a typical day where I would be inactive so I can adjust caloric intake depending on my activity for that day. I'm still in the process of trying to dial it in. I think its between 2700-3200 but I just don't know yet. O well, only time will tell I guess.
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html

9. New Member
    Answers

Alright I appreciate it everyone. Did a rough calculation of my tdee which says about 3100 so I'm gonna start there until I get a better number of my body fat % to calculate it.

10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigrob44 View Post
    Alright I appreciate it everyone. Did a rough calculation of my tdee which says about 3100 so I'm gonna start there until I get a better number of my body fat % to calculate it.
    Slowly ramp up your calories.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Eat some facking fat.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cutting Help
    By Tumey in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 04:25 PM