Need advice, please! Girl trying to look her best!

Zhoo

Awards
History: I'm a 34 y.o. 5'4 and currently 119 lbs. Have been genetically lucky to have a slim and muscular body type, never had to work for it, never set my foot in the gym. Been always around 110-113 lbs with a fairly active lifestyle, and good nutrition. Last winter, I had a bout of depression which made me just sit on my butt all day and pig out. As a result, I gained weight, none in my upper body, mostly abdomen, butt, thighs, and face. My little 6 pack is gone and I can even see a little bit of 'orange peel' when I massage my thighs. This is so disgusting, I need it gone! What should I do? I'm healthy, currently still on Celexa for depression and it's working great. I'm eating about 1000 kcal a day (for the past week or so) - mostly protein and complex carbs, and keeping up with light activity - brisk walking, biking, hiking, running outside with my kids etc. I'm also considering signing up for gym but worried about getting 'bulky'...I'd like the slim and slender type of look with just a tad of definition. Should I just diet it off? Any topicals for cellulite? Any helpful chemicals I could take? Hubby and I are going away for a beach vacation in July, I'm determined to make him drool again :)

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, don't start taking supplements til you get your diet and training down. Until that point you'll only be wasting your families $.

Zhoo

Awards
Hmmmm, lifting eh? I'd probably enjoy it. To be honest, the models in the articles look slightly too muscular but guess I don't have to push it that far.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That amount of bulky muscle doesn't creep up on someone overnight, but rather, takes years of hard training to achieve. If it were that easy we'd all be lean and 'toned'.

missesmonique

missesmonique

Awards
i think weight training would definitely help. Maybe some plyometrics and HIIT training as well, which are good for leaning out and trimming fat. Things like sprinting, jumping squats, etc.

aceroni

Awards
History: I'm a 34 y.o. 5'4 and currently 119 lbs. Have been genetically lucky to have a slim and muscular body type, never had to work for it, never set my foot in the gym. Been always around 110-113 lbs with a fairly active lifestyle, and good nutrition. Last winter, I had a bout of depression which made me just sit on my butt all day and pig out. As a result, I gained weight, none in my upper body, mostly abdomen, butt, thighs, and face. My little 6 pack is gone and I can even see a little bit of 'orange peel' when I massage my thighs. This is so disgusting, I need it gone! What should I do? I'm healthy, currently still on Celexa for depression and it's working great. I'm eating about 1000 kcal a day (for the past week or so) - mostly protein and complex carbs, and keeping up with light activity - brisk walking, biking, hiking, running outside with my kids etc. I'm also considering signing up for gym but worried about getting 'bulky'...I'd like the slim and slender type of look with just a tad of definition. Should I just diet it off? Any topicals for cellulite? Any helpful chemicals I could take? Hubby and I are going away for a beach vacation in July, I'm determined to make him drool again :)

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated!
Simple solution.
Eat more food than 1000 cals.
Begin a strength training program with someone who knows what they're doing.
Do lots of hiit cardio and conditioning work. Stay away from hours of liss cardio.

Like others have said, do not worry about bulk. You are a thirty year old woman unless you take steroids (which I do not recommend) you won't get bulky

This isn't something you're going to get results from immediately. It's a slow, gradual process. love the process not the goal.

JBVA

JBVA

Awards
You'll be fine not getting "bulky" on a weight routine if you aren't eating a surplus of cals. Hit the gym, and hit it hard!

missesmonique

missesmonique

Awards
Hmmmm, lifting eh? I'd probably enjoy it. To be honest, the models in the articles look slightly too muscular but guess I don't have to push it that far.
i lift and im not bulky, im lean....thats me on my avi photo

Zhoo

Awards
Guys, sorry I've been busy with life for a while. Thanks so much for your inspirations, this is happening! I'm starting to weight train tomorrow, have a few sessions booked with a personal trainer so that I know what to do. I've actually peeked into the gym already and experimented with work benches. Pretty pathetic, I must tell you :) Especially those extensor muscles...man, there's a long way to go...

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That amount of bulky muscle doesn't creep up on someone overnight, but rather, takes years of hard training to achieve. If it were that easy we'd all be lean and 'toned'.
Uhm mam you seem to have the wrong idea about bodybuilding, cus i took creatine and gained 30 pounds all bulky water weight :cool:...For the lady here are a couple steps to consider to achieving your goal

1. Find Calories needed to be at a deficiet
2. Count your calories and stay at that deficit
3. Eat clean
4. Workout
5. Eat Clean

has yet to fail me :)

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahah 30 lbs from creatine. Give me some of that!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Uhm sir you seem to have the wrong idea about bodybuilding, cus i took creatine and gained 30 pounds all bulky water weight :cool:...For the lady here are a couple steps to consider to achieving your goal

1. Find Calories needed to be at a deficiet
2. Count your calories and stay at that deficit
3. Eat clean
4. Workout
5. Eat Clean

has yet to fail me :)
Did you just call gokix sir??