Need advice, please! Girl trying to look her best!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  54 lbs.
    Answers

Need advice, please! Girl trying to look her best!

History: I'm a 34 y.o. 5'4 and currently 119 lbs. Have been genetically lucky to have a slim and muscular body type, never had to work for it, never set my foot in the gym. Been always around 110-113 lbs with a fairly active lifestyle, and good nutrition. Last winter, I had a bout of depression which made me just sit on my butt all day and pig out. As a result, I gained weight, none in my upper body, mostly abdomen, butt, thighs, and face. My little 6 pack is gone and I can even see a little bit of 'orange peel' when I massage my thighs. This is so disgusting, I need it gone! What should I do? I'm healthy, currently still on Celexa for depression and it's working great. I'm eating about 1000 kcal a day (for the past week or so) - mostly protein and complex carbs, and keeping up with light activity - brisk walking, biking, hiking, running outside with my kids etc. I'm also considering signing up for gym but worried about getting 'bulky'...I'd like the slim and slender type of look with just a tad of definition. Should I just diet it off? Any topicals for cellulite? Any helpful chemicals I could take? Hubby and I are going away for a beach vacation in July, I'm determined to make him drool again

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Answers
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Also, don't start taking supplements til you get your diet and training down. Until that point you'll only be wasting your families $.
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  54 lbs.
    Answers

Hmmmm, lifting eh? I'd probably enjoy it. To be honest, the models in the articles look slightly too muscular but guess I don't have to push it that far.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

That amount of bulky muscle doesn't creep up on someone overnight, but rather, takes years of hard training to achieve. If it were that easy we'd all be lean and 'toned'.
    Squats do a booty good.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  148 lbs.
    Answers

i think weight training would definitely help. Maybe some plyometrics and HIIT training as well, which are good for leaning out and trimming fat. Things like sprinting, jumping squats, etc.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zhoo View Post
    History: I'm a 34 y.o. 5'4 and currently 119 lbs. Have been genetically lucky to have a slim and muscular body type, never had to work for it, never set my foot in the gym. Been always around 110-113 lbs with a fairly active lifestyle, and good nutrition. Last winter, I had a bout of depression which made me just sit on my butt all day and pig out. As a result, I gained weight, none in my upper body, mostly abdomen, butt, thighs, and face. My little 6 pack is gone and I can even see a little bit of 'orange peel' when I massage my thighs. This is so disgusting, I need it gone! What should I do? I'm healthy, currently still on Celexa for depression and it's working great. I'm eating about 1000 kcal a day (for the past week or so) - mostly protein and complex carbs, and keeping up with light activity - brisk walking, biking, hiking, running outside with my kids etc. I'm also considering signing up for gym but worried about getting 'bulky'...I'd like the slim and slender type of look with just a tad of definition. Should I just diet it off? Any topicals for cellulite? Any helpful chemicals I could take? Hubby and I are going away for a beach vacation in July, I'm determined to make him drool again

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated!
    Simple solution.
    Eat more food than 1000 cals.
    Begin a strength training program with someone who knows what they're doing.
    Do lots of hiit cardio and conditioning work. Stay away from hours of liss cardio.

Like others have said, do not worry about bulk. You are a thirty year old woman unless you take steroids (which I do not recommend) you won't get bulky

This isn't something you're going to get results from immediately. It's a slow, gradual process. love the process not the goal.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  240 lbs.
    Answers

You'll be fine not getting "bulky" on a weight routine if you aren't eating a surplus of cals. Hit the gym, and hit it hard!
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face"
  9. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Hmmmm, lifting eh? I'd probably enjoy it. To be honest, the models in the articles look slightly too muscular but guess I don't have to push it that far.
    This is a video of my wife that we took yesterday. She's been lifting with me for 4 years, and she doesn't look to muscular at all.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=jLHfr9M_w08
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  148 lbs.
    Answers

i lift and im not bulky, im lean....thats me on my avi photo
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

This is a video of my wife that we took yesterday. She's been lifting with me for 4 years, and she doesn't look to muscular at all.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=jLHfr9M_w08
    brother man, cool vids but hold your phone horizontally when filming
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  54 lbs.
    Answers

Guys, sorry I've been busy with life for a while. Thanks so much for your inspirations, this is happening! I'm starting to weight train tomorrow, have a few sessions booked with a personal trainer so that I know what to do. I've actually peeked into the gym already and experimented with work benches. Pretty pathetic, I must tell you :-) Especially those extensor muscles...man, there's a long way to go...
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  54 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by missesmonique View Post
    i lift and im not bulky, im lean....thats me on my avi photo
    You look awesome! I'm going for those abs!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    That amount of bulky muscle doesn't creep up on someone overnight, but rather, takes years of hard training to achieve. If it were that easy we'd all be lean and 'toned'.
    Uhm mam you seem to have the wrong idea about bodybuilding, cus i took creatine and gained 30 pounds all bulky water weight 8-)...For the lady here are a couple steps to consider to achieving your goal

1. Find Calories needed to be at a deficiet
    2. Count your calories and stay at that deficit
    3. Eat clean
    4. Workout
    5. Eat Clean

has yet to fail me
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Hahah 30 lbs from creatine. Give me some of that!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post

Uhm sir you seem to have the wrong idea about bodybuilding, cus i took creatine and gained 30 pounds all bulky water weight 8-)...For the lady here are a couple steps to consider to achieving your goal

1. Find Calories needed to be at a deficiet
    2. Count your calories and stay at that deficit
    3. Eat clean
    4. Workout
    5. Eat Clean

has yet to fail me
    Did you just call gokix sir??
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    Hahah 30 lbs from creatine. Give me some of that!
    x2!
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face"
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. NEED ADVICE PLEASE TAKE A LOOK!
    By tusane in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 08:15 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 06:00 AM
  3. new to site, need advice please
    By mikaveli06 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 06:51 PM
  4. My Epistane Plan - (need advice please)
    By fattytca in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 08:01 AM
  5. Please Help ( Trying to get ripped)
    By Manofclay in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 09:01 AM