- 05-15-2013, 05:30 AM
Hi, I'm currently attempting to cut around 1lb a week for summer while maintaining as much muscle as possible. Most places iv looked say its all about calories in vs calories out.. This is simple to understand but what this makes me wonder is, why is there so much emphasis on eating clean, drinking lots of water, spacing meals out throughout the day, lowering carbs towards the end of the day etc. if the only thing that matters is burning more calories than you consume.
I have no problem with cutting and am making slow, but good progress.. I'm just curious about the whole fat loss thing. Thanks
- 05-15-2013, 06:40 AM
- 5'10" 205 lbs.
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
Body composition wise, the whole "if it fits your macros" approach works; evident by many so called 'hard gainers', but this, to me, is not optimal. I dislike the word 'clean' because it really means nothing; define 'clean'. That word is entirely subjective dependant on the population or individual you ask. Some people perceive grains as being 'clean' eating, however I beg to differ. Same as saturated fats and things.
Similar Forum Threads
- By dertynasty in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 03-05-2006, 08:55 PM
- By fa2349 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-18-2004, 01:39 AM
- By cpwhite in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 09-05-2003, 01:52 PM
- By Gmonkey in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-19-2003, 02:04 PM
- By Shake in forum AnabolicsReplies: 16Last Post: 11-10-2002, 08:39 PM