Cutting question

T

Tonyl187

Awards
Hi, I'm currently attempting to cut around 1lb a week for summer while maintaining as much muscle as possible. Most places iv looked say its all about calories in vs calories out.. This is simple to understand but what this makes me wonder is, why is there so much emphasis on eating clean, drinking lots of water, spacing meals out throughout the day, lowering carbs towards the end of the day etc. if the only thing that matters is burning more calories than you consume.
I have no problem with cutting and am making slow, but good progress.. I'm just curious about the whole fat loss thing. Thanks

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Body composition wise, the whole "if it fits your macros" approach works; evident by many so called 'hard gainers', but this, to me, is not optimal. I dislike the word 'clean' because it really means nothing; define 'clean'. That word is entirely subjective dependant on the population or individual you ask. Some people perceive grains as being 'clean' eating, however I beg to differ. Same as saturated fats and things.