Is it true...

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
that trying to lose fat AND gain muscle simultaneously is a mistake? Don't get me wrong. I know I can do both but it seems the process for either is going too slow. I'm doing a CKD as well as working out 6 days per week and cardio 6 days per week. I did the CKD about 2 years ago and it seemed that the fat fell off like it was nothing. The only difference is that now I've added weight-training and cardio in the mix. Before, all I did was jumping jacks.

Basically, I'm wondering if I should focus on losing fat first and then, once I'm satisfied with that, start lifting again. I have noticed some fat loss as well as muscle gain but I feel it may be more beneficial to focus on one at a time...

Anyone else noticed this?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you saying you don't lift weights while trying to cut fat?

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
No. I'm saying I am lifting weights and I think it has slowed my fat loss down as compared to a previous CKD I was on.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
continue lifting with moderate cardio.....

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
No. I'm saying I am lifting weights and I think it has slowed my fat loss down as compared to a previous CKD I was on.
lifting and CKD have no direct correlation between each other with weight loss. try lifting while in a CKD

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you leaner now than you were when you cut previously?

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
lifting and CKD have no direct correlation between each other with weight loss. try lifting while in a CKD
That is what I'm doing. I suppose I could just be fooling myself... I can see a difference in both, however, so I guess that's all that matters. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Are you leaner now than you were when you cut previously?
No, I was more lean then. I may have started out leaner though... I can tell a difference in my strength this time but I just don't want either leanness nor strength to take a backseat for the other. I guess I'll continue with what I'm doing and be more patient.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Keep at your lifting, don't drop it just because you don't want to 'gain' weight. You can lose weight while lifting quite easily, so long as your diet is tailored for that purpose.

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
Oh yea. I'm not worried about weight. I'm making progress, it just seems like its taking too long lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Weightlifting wont hinder your fat loss goals; in fact it'll help you toward them. :D

joeblow1

Awards
Oh yea. I'm not worried about weight. I'm making progress, it just seems like its taking too long lol
Well then bro your gonna be a very unhappy person. This is a lifestyle not a quick fix. There are no fast roads to attaining anything significant. It takes years and years of dedication to accomplish great things. Don't fool yourself into believing that a year or two from now your gonna be jacked and shredded. You can make a great deal of progress in that time, but its merely a drop in the bucket to what can be accomplished in 10 years. Lift your ass off and eat clean with a little cardio, and over Time you will improve. If you want the rewards you have to put in the work. And it takes a ****load of it. Just be patient and good things will come over time.

CaliBuddha

CaliBuddha

Awards
I know it takes hard work and dedication. I'm not unhappy. Just sometimes I get a little down on myself but the next day I wake up, look in the mirror and I know I'm doing something right! This isn't my first rodeo, I was just thinking out loud.