Eating before bed

OptimusX

Awards
I am doing a keto diet. How much should I avoid eating before bed. I currently eat very close to bedtime. I am currently working nightshift(12.5 hr days, 13 days on, 1 day off) when I get back to the room in the mornings, I usually eat something like eggs, chicken, or some ham. Whenever I work nights, I always wanna go to bed, very shortly after I get in, something about nighyshift. I sleep for 6-8 hrs, get up and try to catch the gym before heading back into work.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Don't worry about the time of day you eat. The only important time to eat is after the gym. Some people, especially IFers, will eat 3/4 of their daily calories right before going to sleep.

It's better to think of your calories in terms of how many calories per day you're getting (regardless of when they're consumed). In fact, the most important number is probably the overall caloric intake per WEEK.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Don't worry about the time of day you eat. The only important time to eat is after the gym. Some people, especially IFers, will eat 3/4 of their daily calories right before going to sleep.

It's better to think of your calories in terms of how many calories per day you're getting (regardless of when they're consumed). In fact, the most important number is probably the overall caloric intake per WEEK.
I only focus on weekly cals....takes the stress off of everyday calculating

MarkHerry

Awards
Food is important after gym because we need energy after doing exercise. We should avoid eating anything before going to bed because eating before sleeping is dangerous for stomach.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Food is important after gym because we need energy after doing exercise. We should avoid eating anything before going to bed because eating before sleeping is dangerous for stomach.
Explain the last part please

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Lol

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards

No.

mariscal

mariscal

Awards
Don't matter when you eat as long as your calories are in place