Diet help. Please!

kkevin56

Awards
Im 5'6 180lbs approximately 13-15% bodyfat Im trying to get to around 9% body fat to really see the abs. I can see the the top 4 slightly and the bottom two are still behind fat. My diet consists of 1-1.5g of protein per body pound. for carbs i carb cycle where 3 days are .5 and one day is 1g per pound. i only eat a small amount of carbs for breakfast and than the rest postworkout.

-2 scoops whey with half cup oatmeal
-2 servings eggwhites- 40g protein
-1 chicken breast- 44g protein
-1 chicken breast with a couple cashews
post workout
-2 scoops whey with 1.5 cups brown rice
-chicken breast or if its too late another protein shake.

Im trying to get my body close to maybe compete and to look good for the summer, thanks for looking.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many calories are you eating and how many do you need /day?

kkevin56

Awards
Im eating about 1800-2000 calories a day about 5-6 meals a day. and my fats come from half an avocado and some cashews. Ive always had trouble trying to get past 12% body fat and this is my first attempt to get down to single digits.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im eating about 1800-2000 calories a day about 5-6 meals a day. and my fats come from half an avocado and some cashews. Ive always had trouble trying to get past 12% body fat and this is my first attempt to get down to single digits.
How long have you been dieting?

kkevin56

Awards
since February, i came off a bulk and was around 17% bodyfat and cut down to where i am now but it was only 10lbs and some was a little muscle and water weight. my calipers say im 13.5% and i want to get around 9% but i dont know how to use carbs correctly during a cut or how to really get below 12%body fat.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
since February, i came off a bulk and was around 17% bodyfat and cut down to where i am now but it was only 10lbs and some was a little muscle and water weight. my calipers say im 13.5% and i want to get around 9% but i dont know how to use carbs correctly during a cut or how to really get below 12%body fat.
Easy. Follow my cutting protocol.*might write a thread on this*
Come off of your cut. Increase calories by 200 every 3 or 4 days. This will allow your body to slowly adjust.
After that maintain maintenance calories for 4 weeks. Then start a 12 or 16 week cut. Reduce calories by 200 then when you stop losing bodyfat cut calories by 200. Repeat this till your down to about 1800 calories. Add cardio or add more cardio.

For muscle retention I suggest adding a cheat or refeed day where you bring your calories back to maintenance every 2 to 3 weeks. Also for the hormone benefits aswell.

After your 12 to 16 weeks are up go back to maintenance. Increasing calories by 200 every 3 to 4 days. Again allowing your body to adjust with minimal fat gain.

If you need to lose more rinse and repeat.
As for carbs pre and post workout are fine.

kkevin56

Awards
Come off of your cut. Increase calories by 200 every 3 or 4 days. This will allow your body to slowly adjust.
After that maintain maintenance calories for 4 weeks. Then start a 12 or 16 week cut. Reduce calories by 200 then when you stop losing bodyfat cut calories by 200. Repeat this till your down to about 1800 calories. Add cardio or add more cardio.

For muscle retention I suggest adding a cheat or refeed day where you bring your calories back to maintenance every 2 to 3 weeks. Also for the hormone benefits aswell.

After your 12 to 16 weeks are up go back to maintenance. Increasing calories by 200 every 3 to 4 days. Again allowing your body to adjust with minimal fat gain.

Thanks man! Nice post too and you should definitely make a thread id sure follow in on that! ill try this and see how it goes!

rj123

Awards

Should definitely make a thread myself and I'm sure many others will find it helpful