Please Estimate My BF%

nyrangers99

Awards
Brand New to the Forum. Long story short I was sitting at about 325lbs and as unhealthy as can be about 2 years years ago when i decided to make some major changes in my life. Here I am 2 years later about 120lbs lighter still working at it. My hope is to eventually be around 12% bodyfat(would probably have to have some loose skin removed to ever get to that point). What do you think my bodyfat % is now? I was thinking low 20s? Its really hard to tell with the extra skin I have.

Currently 6'2 205 and still a ways to go

11.jpg
22.jpg
33.jpg

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
id guess somwhere between 15-20%

is that gyno, chest fat, or loose skin?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guestimate I'd say around 25%

nyrangers99

Awards
Mixture of gyno and loose skin from being fat for so long

xFireBullx

Awards
First of all great job on your fatloss and welcome to AM!

I have the same issue regarding gyno/loose skin (was also around 300's)
It sucks :(

We are around same BF% also, i've been told im around 20-22%, caliper 16% and BF meter at gym says 19.4%. I would say we are more around the 20-22% extimate.. but like you said, the excess skin makes it a bit harder to tell

xFireBullx

Awards
First of all great job on your fatloss and welcome to AM!

I have the same issue regarding gyno/loose skin (was also around 300's)
It sucks :(

We are around same BF% also, i've been told im around 20-22%, caliper 16% and BF meter at gym says 19.4%. I would say we are more around the 20-22% extimate.. but like you said, the excess skin makes it a bit harder to tell

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
20-22% sounds about right for me too. I think the loose skin is the culprit for making it appear to be more, but you can tell from your arms and shoulders that you are leaning out.

Nice work! Keep it up!

nyrangers99

Awards
Thanks a bunch guys 20-22 is right around what I was thinking. The whole loose skin/gyno thing sucks but thats what i get for not taking care of myself for so long. I will eventually get it taken care of but want to reach my goal before I take that step, still alot of work to put in before then.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
i still think its a ittle lwoer than that. but its really hard to tell with that pic. you have to factor in that you lost over 100lbs and have that much
oose skin dangling over your body. makes you look fatter than you actually r

6'2 200kbs and 22% bf is very very very skinny-fat. we're talking about being in e neighborhood of 160lbs for your ideal bf

trn450

trn450

Awards
Great job!

I'd also estimate about 20-25%. Hard to tell precisely.

Don't pay attention to those electrical impedence scales. I'm at about 13% by calipers w/ a 31.75" waist @ 5'10, and mine tells me I'm 21% BF. My wife is about 20% BF and it tells her she's 16% o_0 Completely useless.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 8
GrizzleB Weight Loss 43
jakz General Chat 31
anthon88 Weight Loss 16
Pics 20