How much cardio is to much cardio?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. The implication of that meaning that high carb weight loss is mostly muscle mass? C'mon man, i've already explained that a deficit mobilises fatty acids.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20107198: high carb and high fat diets show similar weight loss
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22935440: Body-weight loss (includes Lean Mass measurements) and weight-maintenance depends on the high-protein, but not on the 'low-carb' component of the diet, while it is unrelated to the concomitant fat-content of the diet.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22850317: Unrelated, but what do you make of this @JudoJosh? These findings suggest that a dietary pattern characterised by a low amount of carbohydrate, but high amounts of protein and fat, is associated with a poorer small artery vascular reactivity in patients with increased CV risk.. Interesting.

    Anyway, i'm going to leave it here.


  2. Hey, I've been lurking on these forums for quite sometime. I'm new to this posting thing, but this particular subject and the research you posted has me interested.

    Jiigzz, Would you actually recommend a high-carb over a high-fat?

    My cuts in the past have pretty much consisted of a low-carb approach. (The first was from 260 to 180, nothing special though, just a consistent calorie deficit) but the potential benefits of a high-carb, low fat, seem to be advantageous and favorable from my standpoint compared to those of a high-fat one.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    Anyway, i'm going to leave it here.
    Got page not found for those pubmeds. Anyhow, to each his own. I know low carbs works for fat loss for me based on my research and my results. All good here, check your reps

  4. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Got page not found for those pubmeds. Anyhow, to each his own. I know low carbs works for fat loss for me based on my research and my results. All good here, check your reps
    Nobody is saying it doesn't work, but that it works because you are in deficit! A friend of my started a low carb diet when I asked him track calorie intake he was over 1000kcals under maintenance and he thought he was eating enough! Its all about the deficit baby!

  5. After reading this thread it's very obvious to me that what works for one may not for the others. There's no right or wrong, I've see bb ers get tight using both concept. Thanks for the interesting read... Peace
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by JDog479 View Post
    Hey, I've been lurking on these forums for quite sometime. I'm new to this posting thing, but this particular subject and the research you posted has me interested.

    Jiigzz, Would you actually recommend a high-carb over a high-fat?

    My cuts in the past have pretty much consisted of a low-carb approach. (The first was from 260 to 180, nothing special though, just a consistent calorie deficit) but the potential benefits of a high-carb, low fat, seem to be advantageous and favorable from my standpoint compared to those of a high-fat one.
    I'm not a fan of high carb diets as often a high carb diet implies a low fat diet. I myself follow a low carb diet, only began that this year and i'm interested to see how it affects my blood panel. I like the idea of foods that were most prevelant during hunter-gatherer times (less processed) as the focus is on fats and proteins and minimal carbs; but this is really the subject of intense debate.


    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Got page not found for those pubmeds. Anyhow, to each his own. I know low carbs works for fat loss for me based on my research and my results. All good here, check your reps
    Ah, they should work now;

    Just to be clear; I always agreed on the stance that low-carb, high fat diets work but the same applies for the opposite.

  7. Honestly as long as you are getting enough protein then the amount of carbs and fats you take in arent going to manifest into a significant difference in terms of body composition changes
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  8. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Honestly as long as you are getting enough protein then the amount of carbs and fats you take in arent going to manifest into a significant difference in terms of body composition changes
    Exactly my friend
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How much protein is to much?
    By Rush8780 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 06:17 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 10:22 PM
  3. How many supplements is to much?
    By Akzel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 06:09 PM
  4. How much cardio is too much?
    By The Brute in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 07:41 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Log in
Log in