My current cut diet

Tee Dizzle

Tee Dizzle

Awards
Guys, just looking for opinions, criticisms, suggestions etc on my cut diet.

I'm now on my 4th week out of 8 and have only just made a change to diet as so far I've just been ramping up cardio (which has helped me lose on average 2lb per week). I'm now at 12st 9lb at 6ft tall. Cardio is now at 45min AM and 45min post-training. I train 4 times per week.

My current diet is...

Meal 1 100g oats, 50g whey
Meal 2 50g whey or approx 150g chicken
Meal 3 approx 150g chicken or lean steak (was previously having brown rice here too)
Meal 4 (pre training) 50g whey
Meal 5 (post) 50g whey
Meal 6 approx 150g chicken steak or salmon with either 275g sweet potato or 250g brown rice
Meal 7 50g whey

Previous cuts I've gradually reduced carb intake and end up on zero carbs for the last week or two.

Any thoughts?

AnabolicJuich

AnabolicJuich

Banned
Awards
Way to much carbs whille cutting. it's depends on which diet works best for you. low carb is my way to cut..
also 45min cradio twice per day is way to much... if you aren't a pro so you should keep it simple. eat clean lift havey
do your cardio first thing in the morning or after your workout works best for me!

Tee Dizzle

Tee Dizzle

Awards
Way to much carbs whille cutting. it's depends on which diet works best for you. low carb is my way to cut..
also 45min cradio twice per day is way to much... if you aren't a pro so you should keep it simple. eat clean lift havey
do your cardio first thing in the morning or after your workout works best for me!
Thanks for the input.

The current carbs are only at about 140g per day and this will reduce week on week. Do you usually just set carbs low at the start and then keep them the same? How low carb do you normally go?

AnabolicJuich

AnabolicJuich

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the input.

The current carbs are only at about 140g per day and this will reduce week on week. Do you usually just set carbs low at the start and then keep them the same? How low carb do you normally go?
i keep carbs at the range of 60 to 100.
once per 3 weeks i load my body with 300-400 carbs to keep my metabolic rate and hormons healthy.
also i notice you got almost no fat in your diet. i highly recomended you to add some Omega 3 to your diet .

Tee Dizzle

Tee Dizzle

Awards
i keep carbs at the range of 60 to 100.
once per 3 weeks i load my body with 300-400 carbs to keep my metabolic rate and hormons healthy.
also i notice you got almost no fat in your diet. i highly recomended you to add some Omega 3 to your diet .
That sounds like an interesting way of doing it! Sorry, didn't list supplements. I take 1 omega 3 fish oil cap twice a day. Was thinking about adding in udos oil at some point.

What actual carb sources do you eat for 60 to 100g of carbs?

rj123

Awards
Guys, just looking for opinions, criticisms, suggestions etc on my cut diet.

I'm now on my 4th week out of 8 and have only just made a change to diet as so far I've just been ramping up cardio (which has helped me lose on average 2lb per week). I'm now at 12st 9lb at 6ft tall. Cardio is now at 45min AM and 45min post-training. I train 4 times per week.

My current diet is...

Meal 1 100g oats, 50g whey
Meal 2 50g whey or approx 150g chicken
Meal 3 approx 150g chicken or lean steak (was previously having brown rice here too)
Meal 4 (pre training) 50g whey
Meal 5 (post) 50g whey
Meal 6 approx 150g chicken steak or salmon with either 275g sweet potato or 250g brown rice
Meal 7 50g whey

Previous cuts I've gradually reduced carb intake and end up on zero carbs for the last week or two.

Any thoughts?
I would add some veggies to about 3 of your meals that will give you about 15-20 carbs then go from there with the rest of your carbs add them wherever you want to add up to 100 or whatever you decide also olive oil for fats

ineedprotein

ineedprotein

Awards
Basically what everyone else said..you need way more healthy fats. On your rest days you could replace the carbs with an avocado, which is great for extra healthy fats.

How many calories are you aiming for?

Tee Dizzle

Tee Dizzle

Awards
Thanks for the help guts. I was concerned that my fat intake was quite low.

With the vegetables I generally tend to add in broccoli or green beans toward the end when carbs are very low just to make me feel fuller.

Tee Dizzle

Tee Dizzle

Awards
How many calories are you aiming for?
My calorie intake started off at roughly 2600 per day and I believe I'm now on approx 2300. My plan was to just weigh in every week and remove carbs and reduce calories as and when it's required, I.e if I stop losing weight.

Blaine123

Awards
it's relies on which eating plan performs best for you, low carbs is my way to cut..
also 45min cradio twice per day is way to much... if you aren't a pro so you should keep it easy. eat fresh raise large....

Tee Dizzle

Tee Dizzle

Awards
it's relies on which eating plan performs best for you, low carbs is my way to cut..
also 45min cradio twice per day is way to much... if you aren't a pro so you should keep it easy. eat fresh raise large....
Thanks for the input. On my two previous cuts I found that my body just responds better to increased cardio to achieve weight loss. Last year I believe I got up to 2.5 hours per day by the end. So by comparison my two 45 minute sessions are a breeze this year!

How low do you go on the carbs? How many grams per day and what sources?

Thanks.

Tee Dizzle

Tee Dizzle

Awards
The general consensus seems to be eat clean and lift heavy. How heavy we talking? I generally work to a 12-10-8 rep scheme with failure reached on the last set. Should I be lifting heavier to fail at say 6 reps?

What kinds of training schemes do people follow? Do you change your training when cutting as opposed to bulking?

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2.5 hours a day? Screw that, say good bye to any muscle.

Tee Dizzle

Tee Dizzle

Awards
2.5 hours a day? Screw that, say good bye to any muscle.
Yep, that's what I was doing by the end last year and I was undoubtedly losing muscle by the end, although I'd put enough on that my bulk was still very productive.

This is why I wanted to get opinions on here and try learning from others successes.

rhgunner

Awards
Try 30 minutes H.I.I.T cardio 3 times a week and 3 days of 45 minutes of regular cardio.

hubbabubba

hubbabubba

Awards
This sounds corny but pay attention to how your body reacts to whatever you do diet wise or exercise wise. I find going super low carbs leaves me too tired to train heavy and I lose motivation. That being said, I know guys who swear by going 50 or 60 carbs a day and get great results. I'm in the middle of getting back in shape and I found doing moderate changes once I plateau has been the most helpful approach. So an example, get your macros dialed in before changing cardio. Once your fat loss slows, add a session of cardio or 10 minutes Ed but don't change macros. Then at the next plateau change diet ( -300 calories Ed) but don't change cardio. This will hopefully give you results without going to extremes (2.5 hours cardio). Just a thought. Good luck!

MarkHerry

Awards
I am impressed with this cutting diet. I think for cutting it is good to decrease the amount of protein in food and it is good to eat some natural and low calorie food like vegetables. Fruits are also good to eat. Anyway thank you all for sharing wonderful ideas. I will keep all ideas in my mind.

Tee Dizzle

Tee Dizzle

Awards
I am impressed with this cutting diet. I think for cutting it is good to decrease the amount of protein in food and it is good to eat some natural and low calorie food like vegetables. Fruits are also good to eat. Anyway thank you all for sharing wonderful ideas. I will keep all ideas in my mind.
Protein has remained the same from non-cutting.