Critique my cutting diet

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Okay so I'm getting ready for my big cut for my bodybuilding competion in July. During my contest prep I will be in the gym 7 days a week with 6 days of weight training and cardio 7 days (stair climber). As of right now I'm a little over 200 pounds 10 percent bf and my goal is to get to middle weight at 5-7 percent bf. my diet will look like this:
Meal 1- 8 egg whites, 1 cup of quick Quaker oats
Post workout- 10g BCAA
meal 2- 8 oz chicken breast, 4 oz sweet potato, brocolli
meal 3- same as meal 2
meal 4- same as 2 and 3
meal 5- 2 cups of 0 percent ***e Greek stained yogurt

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Are you not consuming any fat at ALL?

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Damn looking over my diet now I didn't even realize there's no fat. Will a tbsp of flax seed oil with meal 1 and 5 be good? What would you add or cut out?

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Damn looking over my diet now I didn't even realize there's no fat. Will a tbsp of flax seed oil with meal 1 and 5 be good? What would you add or cut out?
Flax is a crappy form of Omegas, IMO. It would be better to use fish oil supps and/or olive oil/coconut oil into your meals. You could also add in nuts/nut butters or avocados somewhere. But you most def need fats.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Well I already do 3Grams of fish oil per day. Should I do drop the flax and do two tbsp of natural pb twice a day ? I always thought flax seed oil was a good source of fat while cutting.

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Well I already do 3Grams of fish oil per day. Should I do drop the flax and do two tbsp of natural pb twice a day ? I always thought flax seed oil was a good source of fat while cutting.
It's not that it's "bad," it's just that there are better sources. Flax has to be converted from ALA and the process is long and you don't end up getting much from it. I would just pick a fat source that you LIKE to eat and add it in anywhere. The PB would be a fine option, esp since PB is tasty :)

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
My opinion as a trainer, contest prep coach and Competitor is you are approx 8-10 weeks out by my count at a fairly decent % if you truley are 10%. DON'T Make your journey imposible. You have about 6-10lbs of fat to lose by your estimation. Thats simple, easy, and doable without cutting so hard you peak 2 weeks out from you show and cant get back.

Meal 1- 8 egg whites, 1 cup of quick Quaker oats----- I like very good, maybe cook your eggs with spray olive oil for fats ;)
Post workout- 10g BCAA---- I would do Intra workout pre cardio
meal 2- 8 oz chicken breast, 4 oz sweet potato, brocolli------ ADD Carbs, maybe 8oz sweet potato
meal 3- same as meal 2- Change Up or you will get bored___ Maybe Talapia, COD, Turkey Breast, Xtra Lean Beef, as protein. Jazz a little brown rice up with Broccoli and Aspargus mixed in maybe some bell pepper
meal 4- same as 2 and 3------ Start with this meal to cycle your carbs one day 50 here, one day 25 here, one day none here, just change it up depending on your most intense days in the gym
meal 5- 2 cups of 0 percent ***e Greek stained yogurt----- Personally dont like at all-- But up to you. I would do meat over this by far, maybe protein shake even. But if its that important to you to keep you focused and you like it go for it. see how it treats you.

Id throw a few almonds in maybe a serving a day for those healthy fats probably post workout. Just my .02. Not trying to be dickish at all, but I know what it feels like to diet hard when you dont have to just to be ready 2-3 weeks sooner then you wanted. As you et closer cycle your cabs lower by taking away 25g each week. Cardio is my staple and I preach its better to put the time in on cardio then kill yourself with no food. Either way contest prep can be hard but keep your size by feeding your muscles and putting the time in the gym. Not by starving the muscles and getting poor workouts bc you're exausted.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. You were very helpful. I'll add the adjustments you suggested. Being a coach/competitor yourself I have one more question for u if u don't mind. How often should I hit cardio? Right now I've been doing the stair climber every other day for 30 mins after my weight training. Do you think I should increase cardio to everyday? Also how many rest days do u recommend per week? I usually take 1 day off a week. Sorry for all the questions. I'm fairly new to competing and do everything on my own as of right now so all this advice is greatly appreciated.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Mane drop the yogurt out completely before bed and replace I with lean turkey breast or lean bison ?

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
whats your macros op, the names of the food you consume do not matter

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
whats your macros op, the names of the food you consume do not matter
I differ in that opinion. Take chicken for example higher lucine then yogurt and dairy protein. Means the muscle can take more protein in for a lo get period of time without supplements.

Also not all fats are equal. Take vegetable oil vs coconut or olive. Which is better for the body. If I had a Ferrari I wouldn't run 87 water downed fuel. I'd run 93 octane from a top notch station like Mobil or chevron.

My education and experiences has led me to my opinion but I have not had the same as others so each person differs based on our own knowledge and experience.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Thanks for the advice. You were very helpful. I'll add the adjustments you suggested. Being a coach/competitor yourself I have one more question for u if u don't mind. How often should I hit cardio? Right now I've been doing the stair climber every other day for 30 mins after my weight training. Do you think I should increase cardio to everyday? Also how many rest days do u recommend per week? I usually take 1 day off a week. Sorry for all the questions. I'm fairly new to competing and do everything on my own as of right now so all this advice is greatly appreciated.

Cardio- as you get closer hit it more often. without seeing you 3 days 30 min is fine till 8 weeks out then maybe go to 5 times a week 30 min. From there look At yourself and adjust. Uphill walking preserves muscle so add it in the other 2 days once you go to 5.

1 is usually fine.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I differ in that opinion. Take chicken for example higher lucine then yogurt and dairy protein. Means the muscle can take more protein in for a lo get period of time without supplements.

Also not all fats are equal. Take vegetable oil vs coconut or olive. Which is better for the body. If I had a Ferrari I wouldn't run 87 water downed fuel. I'd run 93 octane from a top notch station like Mobil or chevron.

My education and experiences has led me to my opinion but I have not had the same as others so each person differs based on our own knowledge and experience.
not sure with what you mean(bolded) but I agree with the latter part. I said the names of foods you consume do not matter, as in I wanted to know his macronutrient content and just saying what food you eat tells us nothing

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
not sure with what you mean(bolded) but I agree with the latter part. I said the names of foods you consume do not matter, as in I wanted to know his macronutrient content and just saying what food you eat tells us nothing
Non scientific terms- source- Dr Jacobs USF

Lucine is the amino acid that helps the muscle intake protein. ( Think of it as a battery for the muscle and when it runs out the battery is dead) The higher the luecine the longer period of time the protein will be taken into the muscle and the more the protein is absorbed and not per se waisted. It's not really waisted but for our purposes it is.

You want to utilize quality sources of protein over less quality to get the higher amino value.

Not braking this down to insult you. You actually seem highly intelligent. But there are more readers and I don't want a 1000 pms about protein sources.

When pros use insulin, look at the amount of BCAA/ eaa taken with it. 20-40 g of amino in an hour to hour and a half.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
what do you mean by "wasted"

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
what do you mean by "wasted"
Not taken into the muscle at that time. Bc protein is never waisted. The body doesn't stop processing but it stops shuttling to where you want it to go.

I kinda picture it as ALCAR to weight loss. Luecine to muscle growth repair. Keeps the muscle energy high as ALCAR keeps mitachondria fueled.

Hope that helps a bit?

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I was just seeing if you knew that protein isn't "wasted" lol got ya

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Haha figured I would help others out. Have to love the new auto correct on here.
It drives me crazy. I typed something the other day and came back and it said words I would never use. When I was editing it kept changing back. I was so frustrated.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It drives me crazy. I typed something the other day and came back and it said words I would never use. When I was editing it kept changing back. I was so frustrated.
Well I use the word refeed all the time and it keeps wanting to change it to reefed haha.

Blaine123

Awards
Aerobic as you approach hit it more often, without seeing you 3 periods 30 min is excellent until 8 several weeks out then maybe go to 5 periods per weeks time 30 min, From there look At yourself and modify, Constant strolling maintains muscular so add it in the other 2 periods once you go to 5....

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Aerobic as you approach hit it more often, without seeing you 3 periods 30 min is excellent until 8 several weeks out then maybe go to 5 periods per weeks time 30 min, From there look At yourself and modify, Constant strolling maintains muscular so add it in the other 2 periods once you go to 5....
Great advice.