Intermittent fasting

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. New Member
    Answers

There's no metabolic advantage to eating multiple meals. Bodybuilders first started adding a meal to get enough protein/calories in. The supplement industry turned this into a myth of needing to eat every few hours.
    Kevin
    MuscleReview.net

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleReview View Post
    There's no metabolic advantage to eating multiple meals. Bodybuilders first started adding a meal to get enough protein/calories in. The supplement industry turned this into a myth of needing to eat every few hours.

So spiking MPS, say, 4 times per day will give you zero benefit over 2 times per day?
    My Protein shake brings all the girls to the yard

3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by blacklac View Post
    So spiking MPS, say, 4 times per day will give you zero benefit over 2 times per day?
    If doing a 16/8 window, one could use BCAA once or twice during the fasting window and get the same results. You're only 'fasting' 8h out of the normal day, two doses (0h, 4h) of BCAA should keep MPS elevated enough. Three would be ideal.
    Antaeus Labs Rep

•   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Bumping for advice on my schedule change. I will now be working out at mostly different times of the day. I will never really know when ill hve an hour or two to get in a lift and cardio but I want to keep my same eating window of 5 pm- 10 or 11pm and my same fasting window of midnight to 5pm. Usually I would workout at 4-5 and break the fast following my workout.. Now I am working out more around 10 am-12noon. But don't want to eat / don't have time until 5pm still. How should I go about this? Aminos pre and post workout? And keep same eating window?
    I'd go with Amino's pre and intra and 20g whey iso post. Yes it'll create a monophasic insulin spike, but it won't do much to break the fast.
    Antaeus Labs Rep

5. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisripped View Post
    If doing a 16/8 window, one could use BCAA once or twice during the fasting window and get the same results. You're only 'fasting' 8h out of the normal day, two doses (0h, 4h) of BCAA should keep MPS elevated enough. Three would be ideal.
    10 grams of BCAA before and after fasted training is also a good way to make sure you preserve your muscle mass.
    Kevin
    MuscleReview.net

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 75
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 09:31 PM
  2. intermittent fasting
    By Shavani in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 09:47 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 11:08 AM