Intermittent fasting

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Ok so my diets going great I'm now around 177 I was 190 :) but I do a lot of researching and come to find a very intresting subject on Intermittent fasting.

I normaly eat 4 meals a day I did put it to 5 but being a student I found it hard to keep up with that cost for extra meat pluse I hate eating every few hours I'm you g I like to stay out and chill but bodybuilding is Important to me so I plan a head, come to find that eating every 3 hours ain't the case In fact it's a Opinionated that fasting and eating every 3 hours sums up to the same thing as long as you meet your cals at the end of the day so I thought I'd make a post on this to see how many of you guys are doing this and there's a few stages of this type of dieting, I'm not 100 percent sure on how it works anyone got any ideas? Thanks

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Not sure what you are asking. Fast 16 hours, eat for 8 that's it. Get calories however you want.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Not sure what you are asking. Fast 16 hours, eat for 8 that's it. Get calories however you want.
Thanks for the reply, I can understand where it gets cinfusing in what I'm trying to ask, I'm trying to ask what does that mean? Do I choose the 8 hour window? What if I eat it all within 5 hours? Does it have to be a certain time?

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Yes eat for 8 fast for 16. Eat for 5 is ok but you might get extra hungry. On time, it is up to your preference. I liked to eat around 1-9pm that way go to bed full and get nice and hungry for a big lunch or post workout. HTH

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Yes eat for 8 fast for 16. Eat for 5 is ok but you might get extra hungry. On time, it is up to your preference. I liked to eat around 1-9pm that way go to bed full and get nice and hungry for a big lunch or post workout. HTH
Wow so you have no breakfast at all? I get up around 7 to 8 amd I'm hungry as ****! Lol I'm now going to the gym at 7 on the night I just don't know how it works its abit confusing lol

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Looks like you need to go to the leangains website and study up on the how and why.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Looks like you need to go to the leangains website and study up on the how and why.
Maybe bro, just ask you this..... So say I go gym around 11am and and finish at like 12:30 and start my eating at 1pm till 9pm is that ok? Do I take any supplement like a whey in the morning ? Maybe a preworkout ? Thanks

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Maybe bro, just ask you this..... So say I go gym around 11am and and finish at like 12:30 and start my eating at 1pm till 9pm is that ok? Do I take any supplement like a whey in the morning ? Maybe a preworkout ? Thanks
Yes that would be fine. Change whey to BCAA's. BCAA's are great when training fasted.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Yes that would be fine. Change whey to BCAA's. BCAA's are great when training fasted.
Also last thing bro, if I wanted to workout at 7pm instead of 11 am and keep everything else the same is that cool to? Thanks

Eat

Awards
I did intermittent fasting for about a year. There's a lot of benefits and you don't have to be super strict about the timing. Just make sure that you have the 16+ hour fast and you can break your meals up into as many as you like within the 8 hour period left. As a college student it works well because you can eat as much as you want in the dining halls. If you have a big appetite make sure you watch your calories because I still found that I could eat a days worth of calories easily in 2 or 3 hours.

Also the best time to break your fast in post workout.You should be consuming most of your calories ideally a few hours before you go to sleep. If you want my research I could send it your way but it might take a while to dig it up.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
I did intermittent fasting for about a year. There's a lot of benefits and you don't have to be super strict about the timing. Just make sure that you have the 16+ hour fast and you can break your meals up into as many as you like within the 8 hour period left. As a college student it works well because you can eat as much as you want in the dining halls. If you have a big appetite make sure you watch your calories because I still found that I could eat a days worth of calories easily in 2 or 3 hours.
Thanks for your reply, so the training could be at 7pm and that's fine right? Also should I not take anything at all while fasting? Like fruit or a proteins shake ? Thanks

Eat

Awards
Don't take protein but do take BCAAs pre-workout. I liked to have one SMALL snack an hour to two pre-workout. The fructose from an apple will just enter glycolysis right away (when fasted) and yield some energy for the workout. I like to think about it like this: the fasting period is when your going to be burning the fat and you want to be active during this time. Eating right after a fasted workout SIGNIFICANTLY improves glycogen synthesis and you want this for the next period of fasting.

The feasting stage is when all repair happens and you want to use that period as efficiently as possible. Go to bed with enough nutrients and use the hormone patterns during sleep to really accelerate growth. There are certain hormones like IGF-1 and GH that tend be secreted at night as shown by some studies (I don't have these ones available) these will work very well when your body has enough nutrients for repair.

So a schedule would be:

Wake up at like 8 am, at 3 pm have an apple, 4 pm workout, 6 pm start feasting, go to bed around 1030 pm. Don't forget the law of calories in vs calories out still applies. Intermittent fasting really affects the bodies ability to recomp in MY experience.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Don't take protein but do take BCAAs pre-workout. I liked to have one SMALL snack an hour to two pre-workout. The fructose from an apple will just enter glycolysis right away (when fasted) and yield some energy for the workout. I like to think about it like this: the fasting period is when your going to be burning the fat and you want to be active during this time. Eating right after a fasted workout SIGNIFICANTLY improves glycogen synthesis and you want this for the next period of fasting.

The feasting stage is when all repair happens and you want to use that period as efficiently as possible. Go to bed with enough nutrients and use the hormone patterns during sleep to really accelerate growth. There are certain hormones like IGF-1 and GH that tend be secreted at night as shown by some studies (I don't have these ones available) these will work very well when your body has enough nutrients for repair.

So a schedule would be:

Wake up at like 8 am, at 3 pm have an apple, 4 pm workout, 6 pm start feasting, go to bed around 1030 pm. Don't forget the law of calories in vs calories out still applies. Intermittent fasting really affects the bodies ability to recomp in MY experience.
What? I'm so confused hahaha so wake up wen I wake up and at 6pm is when I start eating? Then go to bed at 1030? That's only 4 hours of eating ??

Eat

Awards
You can schedule it however you want. There is flexibility in the style of eating. Pick what works for you.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
You can schedule it however you want. There is flexibility in the style of eating. Pick what works for you.
Ok so all I want to know is this..... Say I wake up and eat nothing 8am then start eating at 1pm and and finish at 9pm I workout at 7pm is that cool?

hitokiri

hitokiri

Awards
You have to eat every 2 hrs once you get up in the morning. Schedule your meal every 2hrs. Small meals! That's bodybuilding does!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And if I want to then up and change my workout at 11am and still keep my eating at 1pm till 9pm that's cool to right?
yep. Its nicer to get your larger meals after the workout, but not necessary. better to have the eating period be the same time every day, even if the workout varies.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
yep. Its nicer to get your larger meals after the workout, but not necessary. better to have the eating period be the same time every day, even if the workout varies.
Ok I get ya just I got school at like 10 sometimes and others late at night so might have to change the training times sometimes, il give this fasting a try can't hurt :)

One last thing should. Change my body parts? As I'm training my body 2 a week as a posed to once so I do 3 days on 1 day off thanks guys

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the training style really doesn't make much of a difference to the diet

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
the training style really doesn't make much of a difference to the diet
Ok that's cool what do you think of this training method

Mon/ chest/ back
Tru/legs
Weds/ shoulders/bi's and tri's
Thurs rest
Repeat

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really the details are what matters. personally i'd separate back + chest so either back + shoulders/chest + arms or back/arms + shoulder/chest

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
really the details are what matters. personally i'd separate back + chest so either back + shoulders/chest + arms or back/arms + shoulder/chest
Hmm might just do that but I'm not over training am I?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm might just do that but I'm not over training am I?
overtraining is more about sets + reps + % of 1 rep max than how often you work what. Thats why I said the details are what matters, because for instance if your chest workout is incline bb press for 3 sets of 8, flat fly for 3 sets of 8 then back is pulldowns for 3 sets of 8 and rows for 3 sets of 8, of course that isn't crazy. If instead its incline press, flat fly, decline press, incline fly for chest and deadlifts, rows, facepulls, t-bar, pulldowns for back all for 5 sets of 8 each, thats way too much for a day

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
overtraining is more about sets + reps + % of 1 rep max than how often you work what. Thats why I said the details are what matters, because for instance if your chest workout is incline bb press for 3 sets of 8, flat fly for 3 sets of 8 then back is pulldowns for 3 sets of 8 and rows for 3 sets of 8, of course that isn't crazy. If instead its incline press, flat fly, decline press, incline fly for chest and deadlifts, rows, facepulls, t-bar, pulldowns for back all for 5 sets of 8 each, thats way too much for a day
This would be a normal workout

Chest incline dumbell press warm up 12 rep low weight then hit 3 sets of 6 to 10 reps around there then il go down to flat dumbell press 3 sets from 6 to 10 reps and inclin flys 3 sets 6 to 10 then hit the cables chest done then I'd do back witch is pull down 3 sets of 6 to 10 then bent over rolls 2 to 3 sets 6 to 8 reps seated rows 2 to 3 sets 6 to 8 reps and il change it up depends on how a feel but that's around what I'm doing

Any advice or is that cool?

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
This would be a normal workout

Chest incline dumbell press warm up 12 rep low weight then hit 3 sets of 6 to 10 reps around there then il go down to flat dumbell press 3 sets from 6 to 10 reps and inclin flys 3 sets 6 to 10 then hit the cables chest done then I'd do back witch is pull down 3 sets of 6 to 10 then bent over rolls 2 to 3 sets 6 to 8 reps seated rows 2 to 3 sets 6 to 8 reps and il change it up depends on how a feel but that's around what I'm doing

Any advice or is that cool?
Oh I forgot I did ISP it off with dead lifts I only do dead lifts and Squats once a week

crookedfinger

Awards
Here you go:

rippedbody.jp/2011/10/08/leangains-intermittent-fasting-guide-how-to-do-it-by-yourself/

Short read, will answer all your questions, many other good articles on the dite

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Here you go:

rippedbody.jp/2011/10/08/leangains-intermittent-fasting-guide-how-to-do-it-by-yourself/

Short read, will answer all your questions, many other good articles on the dite
Thanks a lot brother il check it out after I get back from school

hitokiri

hitokiri

Awards
Ok I get ya just I got school at like 10 sometimes and others late at night so might have to change the training times sometimes, il give this fasting a try can't hurt :)

One last thing should. Change my body parts? As I'm training my body 2 a week as a posed to once so I do 3 days on 1 day off thanks guys
If you trying to get big. 1hrs workout 4hrs a week cardio. Slow paste not intense. That moderate cardio. Larger muscle group should be 1 a week and combine small body part like bicep tricep. Get 10-8-5. And 1 warm up set! Max out weight be sure slow and right! And get two days off! By doing this your not over train your muscle and save time as well. Change every 2 to 3months workout. And should rotate your exercise every week! Listen to your body response.

hitokiri

hitokiri

Awards
If you trying to get big. 1hrs workout 4hrs a week cardio. Slow paste not intense. That moderate cardio. Larger muscle group should be 1 a week and combine small body part like bicep tricep. Get 10-8-5. And 1 warm up set! Max out weight be sure slow and right! And get two days off! By doing this your not over train your muscle and save time as well. Change every 2 to 3months workout. And should rotate your exercise every week! Listen to your body response.

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Hi thanks for the reply, so how many days do you think is good? Because I'm doing 4 right now but on Monday ima try workout my body parts twice a week ?

hitokiri

hitokiri

Awards
If you doing 4times a week. And 3days off. That's find . Make sure you getting good workout and eat clean. Get 3 exercise for small muscle group and 4 to 5 exercise for big muscle groups. Get 3sets and 1warm up set! Total of 4sets lift heavy slow ratio. Don't bounce or swing! And also I learn something eat high carb and high protein make you strong lift. Add this to your daily exercise deadlift squats bench press and leg press! This workout relies your testosterone and hormone high. Don't forget 4hrs a week cardio slow paste

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
If you doing 4times a week. And 3days off. That's find . Make sure you getting good workout and eat clean. Get 3 exercise for small muscle group and 4 to 5 exercise for big muscle groups. Get 3sets and 1warm up set! Total of 4sets lift heavy slow ratio. Don't bounce or swing! And also I learn something eat high carb and high protein make you strong lift. Add this to your daily exercise deadlift squats bench press and leg press! This workout relies your testosterone and hormone high. Don't forget 4hrs a week cardio slow paste
Yh I understand what your saying but I'm on like 100g of carbs a day as I'm cutting and carbs seem to put weight in my fats is around 60g and proteins 200

hitokiri

hitokiri

Awards
Yh I understand what your saying but I'm on like 100g of carbs a day as I'm cutting and carbs seem to put weight in my fats is around 60g and proteins 200
This two low !! And abnormal! Did you do some research?

hitokiri

hitokiri

Awards
Are you doing contest !? Or just getting ready for summer!? I'm confuse

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Are you doing contest !? Or just getting ready for summer!? I'm confuse
I'm getting ready fro Sumer I know a few things I do a lot of reading and look up there's 1000s of diffrent op.

I'm 5'7 at 178 I'm around 28%bf been back at the gym for 3 months now took a year off

hitokiri

hitokiri

Awards
I'm getting ready fro Sumer I know a few things I do a lot of reading and look up there's 1000s of diffrent op.

I'm 5'7 at 178 I'm around 28%bf been back at the gym for 3 months now took a year off
I would do
Protein 270
Fat 40
Carbs 250
A day!!
1 a month get reefed/cheat day!
Protein 170
Fats 30
Carbs 400

hitokiri

hitokiri

Awards
Try that and let's see what your body respond!! Your bf is high! Lol

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
I would do
Protein 270
Fat 40
Carbs 250
A day!!
1 a month get reefed/cheat day!
Protein 170
Fats 30
Carbs 400
Hmm intresting I am a student so my budget is still there but how would you put that in a diet? I used to be really skinny but I was eating like 2 pizzas a day and taking weight gainers twice a day when I was going to the gym a year ago and had no clue about dieting I went from 140 to 190 lol ha Iv been back at the gym for 3 months and I'm now 178

hitokiri

hitokiri

Awards
Hmm intresting I am a student so my budget is still there but how would you put that in a diet? I used to be really skinny but I was eating like 2 pizzas a day and taking weight gainers twice a day when I was going to the gym a year ago and had no clue about dieting I went from 140 to 190 lol ha Iv been back at the gym for 3 months and I'm now 178
That's the common people mis understood about gaining some mass. Eating bad food and high in fat. I mean you trying have a lean mass and look hard. I would eat clean as hell! All white meat source of protein and good fat like beef and nuts and eggs. And high in fiber like broccoli yam etc. getting good quality mass for food is corn and green beans etc. I don't agree with some mass gainer at all. I would take isolate 100% protein supplement and some beta alanin. Just eating wise and watch your fat don't count calorie. If you doing low carb diet mind as well just do cardio not having lift weights. You will turn skinny as hell.

hitokiri

hitokiri

Awards
Having low carb diet! I bet you feel like ****! No energy at all. Try my advise and thank me later!

Troyboi

Troyboi

Awards
Having low carb diet! I bet you feel like ****! No energy at all. Try my advise and thank me later!
I mean yea It feels like everything is heavy ha! But I can understand where your coming from I'm just trying to find what my body reacts like to this because everybody is different so just hard to find what works for you

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just to throw something out there. One time I was sitting down having a conversation with Hugo Rivera the IFBB pro about things people do bodybuilding. And one thing particularly stuck out. Once you start on a plan, follow that plan religiously for a predetermined 30 or 60 days. Don't derail because your results seem bad, follow it through the whole way and track your results to see. You've literally got decades to refine your body, but plenty of time switching plans early just has you missing out on the benefits those plans could bring.