What do you mix your Whey Protein with and how much?

nas7

Board Supporter
Awards
Please post:
How much scoops (grams) you mix
With What
How many shakes a day

Me:
1 scoop 30g
2% milk (ive heard skim is better)
2 shakes, one in the morning, 1 after training

this makes up about 60% of my protein intake.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
First of hello and welcome.

You will learn ALOT here

Ok well your protein intake is WAYyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too low.

You really should only get approx 30% of your protein intake from shakes unless it is IMPOSSIBLE>

So tell us how tall you are how much you weigh and what % body fat and we can help you more.

nas7

Board Supporter
Awards
weird.. i posted at least 15 posts and its showing 2, oh well.

I am 165 right now, 8% fat. Well i get 30g+10g(milk) so thats 40x2 thats 80grams per day from shakes, and about 80 more grams from 3to4 meals thats about 160g's, sounds a bit low?

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Right now I mix...16 oz of milk with 2.5 scoops of 20 gram protien then put 1 scoop of hot choco mix in there with a nice large spooning of natty PB...this is about 65 grams of protein and I will have this 4 times a day usuallly. that is about half my protein or 50% of it since i try to get 450+ every day

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I am 165 right now, 8% fat. Well i get 30g+10g(milk) so thats 40x2 thats 80grams per day from shakes, and about 80 more grams from 3to4 meals thats about 160g's, sounds a bit low?
You should be trying to get from 275-325 on protein a day...If you bump ur protein intake up to 300 a day I garantee u start seeing better results in the gym.

nas7

Board Supporter
Awards
Ok, 5 meals and 3 shakes it is ;) Should i switch to skim milk?

speakle

DONT F$*# WITH MY NUTS!
Awards
If I dont have time to eat a meal during the day 2 scoops whey with 2 tblspoons of olive oil.
2 scoops whey with 1/4 cup maltodextrin and 4 tblspoons of dextrose pwo.
I always mix with water.
I get about 275-300g of protein a day.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

How do you know you are 8%? And PLEASE do not tell me your friend looked at you and told you. We have already covered this your friends don't know **** and are giving you bad advice, like telling you NOT to drink water while working out. :rofl:

nas7

Board Supporter
Awards
How do you know you are 8%? And PLEASE do not tell me your friend looked at you and told you. We have already covered this your friends don't know **** and are giving you bad advice, like telling you NOT to drink water while working out. :rofl:
I had it measured in my gym...
I never said my friend told me that, i said people and a doctor. Why such attitude? i am just trying to lean.

speakle

DONT F$*# WITH MY NUTS!
Awards
Skim milk is fat free. I would use 2% if I desperately need the cals. 1.5-2g of protein per lb of bodyweight is needed to gain. And water is also needed especially with a higher protein intake.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I had it measured in my gym...
I never said my friend told me that, i said people and a doctor. Why such attitude? i am just trying to lean.
Hey I said WELCOME

No attitude just goofing with the new guy.

Stick around and have some fun and learn.

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I usually stick with either skim or 1% but it does not really matter to me. If u get ur diet and protein in check you will see much better gains. How long have you been lifting? What is your program like?

nas7

Board Supporter
Awards
Thanks guys.

Lifting for 2 years, gained about 20lbs naturally, got my diet in check just 6 months ago, shooting for 185lbs 5%. Lift 4 times a week, do cardio 2'ce a week, fast metabolism doesnt hurt. :)

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
pre I mix some BCAA's, taurine, citrulline malate, ALCAR, L-tyrosine, and a banana and ice with 1/2-1 scoop of whey in the blender. gnarly, but it gets me fired up. cup of coffee for the double fist. Post w/o I mix 1.5 scoops whey with some frozen berries or just ice and water, and pour it over cereal or oatmeal. Post w/o is my good excuse to eat a big pile of simple-carb saturated, sugar-laden cereal that I otherwise take great pains to avoid given their place on the glycemic index. love breakfast post w/o, even if its at 5:00pm!

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I mix 1 scoop (26gs) in water, a few times a day.

lionel

Awards
Yeah, water for me too.. dieting now and milk doesn't play a part in it! I love milk in the offseason though. Talking bout skim milk, how much carbs do yours have usually?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
My post workout shake:

3 scoops of all the whey banana flavored (60grams protein)
2 cups oatmeal (100ish grams carbs)
2 bananas (no macronutrient label on side :lol: )
1 cup egg whites (some more protein)
1 cup skim milk (more protein)
dash of vanilla extract (makes it taste really good)

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Choc whey with 10oz milk - drink like water :) approx protein ( 30 grams )
Protein shake 2 scoops vanilla whey, 15 oz milk, 1 bannana, 1 tablespoon peanut butter.
approx protein ( 65-70 grams )

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
With water when I am drinking it with meals.
With milk when I am drinking it between meals.
With carb drink after a workout.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Ok, 5 meals and 3 shakes it is ;) Should i switch to skim milk?
Don't rely on shakes as a bulk protion of your protein intake. Real food is much better. Whey protein has its purposes, but, timing is important to get the best results from it.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd recommend skim unless you absolutely need the extra cals. Use water in your post WO shake with some simple carbs. If you are cutting, then milk shouldn't be on your shopping list at all, for any purpose. If you are picky like me and hate shakes in water: allthewhey.com Orange Isolate tastes godly, and is cheap!

A good general guideline is get as much food from whole sources as possible, only then look to adding extra shakes. IE: for time/convenience.